• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Who would be the best partner for Loza?

• Total voters

Pubey

So who would be the best partner for Loza? Ignore the fact that you might play an unchanged team on Sat.

I think Barnard had his best game since his return last night and I wouldn't change things. Would like to see how Freddy plays with him though, think that Freddy's eye for a ball and reading of the game could really benefit Loza and get us some goals.

Barnard moved the defence about cleverely and was rarely static, I dont think Corr has the legs to move a defence about and and the lay offs he provides would be more predictable as a result, that doesnt mean to say he would be ineffective but I think a fit and motivated Barnard would prove a better option, as for Freddy, the game has moved on beyond his ability to contribute effectively for more than a cameo role, maybe with better players around him, a role could be found but that is not the situation we are in. Williams is unknown to all but those who see him on a daily basis and if he was ready and able he'd be playing already.

Corr's not quick enough to skin defenders for pace, but that doesn't mean he's immobile and doesn't get around the pitch.

You lot make him sound like Lead Bradbury or Chris Barker when he's actually pretty mobile and regularly wins headers from goal-kicks that are directed 10 yards away from him that he has to move to.

What he can't do is the work of two players or get on the end of his own flicks.

Don't think PB will change it, why would he. So Barnard for me, and I wouldn't be surprised if he starts scoring a few.

Corr's not quick enough to skin defenders for pace, but that doesn't mean he's immobile and doesn't get around the pitch.

You lot make him sound like Lead Bradbury or Chris Barker when he's actually pretty mobile and regularly wins headers from goal-kicks that are directed 10 yards away from him that he has to move to.

What he can't do is the work of two players or get on the end of his own flicks.

Likewise, I've never in my life witnessed a striker attack a corner with his head and it's ricocheted off his head and gone for a throw in on the half way line.

I would say Corr flatters to deceive but in my opinion he's just an average L2 player.

Was tempted to go with Williams, but we've only seen him for 10 mins.
Although not as quick, I think Freddys' ability to read the game, thread through balls would be a good foil.

I'm a big fan of BC but he is a blunt instrument and chases the ball with the enthusiasm I could never muster but the question of his mobility is always around that said chasing whereas Barnards movement was much more subtle and was about creating space and giving a variety of options. If Barry had that in his game then he too may have moved into the upper echelons of professional football. As a target man Barry wins hands down but if you want something a little bit more thoughtful then it has to be Barnard, providing he is fit, motivated and carrying decent form, if he isnt then Barrys the man I'd turn to.

Barnard looked up for it last night. Give him a run with Loza - could be a good partnership in the making.

I am a big fan of Bazza but as we all know he is not back till Cheltenham.
However i was very impressed with Barney last night, he linked up very well with Loza.
So at the moment i would give Barney a run with Loza (although have a fear he could be recalled by Norwich)
If its not working with 20 to 30 left at Cheltenham bring big Bazza on.

Went with Barny... I'm a great believer in "if it aint broke don't try and fix it" they worked well together last night and would be a big kick in the wotsits and affect morale if changed.
We have Freddy and BBBC if needed to change things.
As Prosser has found out, if you drop out for whatever reason.... and its BBBC fault for getting sent off... its difficult to get back in the side if the current incumbents are playing well.

Depends on the opposition as each of our other strikers offer something different, so why choose one when we could tailor it for the opposition.

For example;
Oppo defence are big, strong but slow & immobile = Loza & Barnard
Oppo defence have more pace & need to be clever = Loza & Eastwood
Oppo defence is smaller & can be bullied = Loza & Corr

Not using our options to our advantage because we have a notion that we should stick with one partnership could be cutting off our nose to spite our face.

I think Barnard had his best game since his return last night and I wouldn't change things. Would like to see how Freddy plays with him though, think that Freddy's eye for a ball and reading of the game could really benefit Loza and get us some goals.

Agree with all of this. Freddy's vision is better than any of the other three, and working with someone like Loza might just give Fred the impetus to show his detractors he can still do it. I'd really like to see him alongside Loza to get more of a comparison. I'd hoped he'd come on for Barney last night, but it didn't work out like that.

I'm sure Corr would do ok too, but he'd play more of the Bradbury/Blair role. I think Williams is a long way down the pecking order.

All could play alongside him and all would do better than they have of late. That is more a criticism of the recent system and midfield/back/whole team than the individuals.

Corr is crap to slow and very lazy never rated him .he was going to get sent off .itshoul be lee And fred and give William s ago

don't change it after last night though I would like to see corr with loza

Corr is crap to slow and very lazy never rated him .he was going to get sent off .itshoul be lee And fred and give William s ago

You have to be on a wind up. Corr hassles, gets in the players faces (literally sometimes) and does the job required of him by Brown. Go and get your eyes tested

You have to be on a wind up. Corr hassles, gets in the players faces (literally sometimes) and does the job required of him by Brown. Go and get your eyes tested

It's about opinions, no need to be rude! Corr frustrates me hugely and I can see where the laziness accusation comes from, he can spend ages walking back from attacks, particularly if he's peeved about something. This is what really bugs me - the constant whinging to the ref. It was refreshing last night to see none of that from Barney or Loza, both just getting on with it.

I can't believe some people are accusing Corr of being lazy!:omg::dizzy::thump:

Back