• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Who would we MISS the most

Who would we MISS the most - If someone was to be injured

• Adam Barrett

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spencer Prior

• Kevin Maher

• Mark Bentley

• Mark Gower

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Freddy Eastwood

• Wayne Gray

• Lawrie Dudfield

• Other (please state)

• Total voters

mighty_blues

First XI
Personally i think we would miss Gower's creatibility and Eastwoods brilliance to get a goal from nothing. However Barrett's importance at the back cannot be under-estimated.

Eastwood, all the others can be replaced somewhat, but Freddy is the only natural goalscorer within the team.

Very good question. The obvious choice at first is Freddy, but then whenever we've been without Maher we've struggled. We also struggle for creativity when we're without Gower, and I'm sure the defence would be weaker without Barrett. I'll go for Freddy though because of his goals.

Brush

Seriously its really hard, everyone is mentioning Barrett, but Prior has been truely brilliant recently, MOTM in both home games lsat week for me. Freddy with his natural eye for goal, Gower's creativity, Nicolau's left foot, maher's maherness, Bentley's fouls, Pettefer's running, Hunt's solidity.

its credit to tilly that this vote is vertually impossible to deside

because of the very fact we have a small squad
stand by for some news that in the very near future
we a new player joining us, from West ham united
to help make the final push for promotion

Not Teddy?!

WS

biggrin.gif

so... if anyone were to be injured eh?. hmmm howabout Hayes, Parkin or Trundle. If those three get injured, we'll be laughing.

it's a difficult call, but Maher would edge it over Barrett IMO. Maher can be a driving force in the midfield and we tend to truggle a bit without him

[b said:
Quote[/b] (coventryshrimper @ Feb. 28 2005,23:18)]Hayes, Parkin or Trundle. If those three get injured, we'll be laughing.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Who the hell's big enough to injure Parkin!!

I went for Eastwood. I reckon that boy looks like the kind of big time player that I never saw in Constantine. If we need big performances, I think he will rise to it. Maher was a VERY close second but I think it relates a lot to our ambitions and I'm thinking in playoff terms still.

In addition, SAFE T-shirt sales would be hit although SAFE magic sponges may become more popular....

If Maher was to get injured do you reckon he would move Pettefer into the middle and play Gower on the right with Nicolau on left. OR play Hunt in there with Jupp at right back. Either way missing Maher would be a huge blow.

As long as all these players maintain their discipline Saturday, when they are likely to be kicked up in the air by Chester, we'll be fine. All these players are professional enough to realise that Chester's aggressive style of play will cause us problems.

Avoiding a bad tackle is the key. I wonder how many players Chester have available? they had another one sent off Saturday!!!

ghostface.gif

Back