• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Who would win in a fight...

Vince Cable would win. But the Sky coverage would only show Rupert's punches & declare a Murdoch win.

It would turn into a three way fight with a second Cable-opposed protagonist, go the full number of rounds and come down to scoring on points. Cable's supporters would then, rather short-sightedly, still seek to promote him as the winner in the horse-trading that followed, unwittingly allowing their least favourite opponent to sneak victory. They'd then claim how unfair it all was and how the outcome wasn't their fault.

Theres only one way to find out

attachment.php

Gotta admire Cables balls, but his initial success predicting the credit crunch has gone to his head and he seems to have become a bit of an embarrassment to the coalition. I'd expect Murdoch to systematically destroy him, piece by bloody piece, until all that remained were the splinters in his Lib Dem arse.

Cable has been stripped of all media responsibilities and has offered an apology. 1-0 Murdoch.

It's not about winning the fight, it's about winning the war.

We won't know the winner until we know the outcome of Murdoch's attempt to take a bigger share in Sky.....

It's not about winning the fight, it's about winning the war.

We won't know the winner until we know the outcome of Murdoch's attempt to take a bigger share in Sky.....

Well, Jeremy Hunt has being handed the power over Murdoch's bid now. The same Jeremy Hunt who had this to say about Murdoch:
"Rather than worry about Rupert Murdoch owning another TV channel, what we should recognise is that he has probably done more to create variety and choice in British TV than any other single person because of his huge investment in setting up Sky TV which, at one point, was losing several million pounds a day.

"We would be the poorer and wouldn't be saying that British TV is the envy of the world if it hadn't been for him being prepared to take that commercial risk. We need to encourage that kind of investment."

So, that's 2-0 Murdoch, I think...

I was watching Sky News late last night and they had Kelvin MacKenzie on going over today's papers. He was absolutely indignant with rage that Cable hadn't been removed from the cabinet.

Well, Jeremy Hunt has being handed the power over Murdoch's bid now. The same Jeremy Hunt who had this to say about Murdoch:

So, that's 2-0 Murdoch, I think...

Maybe, but maybe not.

It depends whether it is a decision that will be taken at ministerial or cabinet level. Is Jeremy Hunt being mandated to make this call, or is he merely a friendly face to pass on a decision made higher up? The nature of coalition politics is surely such that this type of politically charged call can't be made without consultation of colleagues.

FWIW, I think the outcome has always been likely that this will be passed, but with conditions. The argument is therefore over what conditions will be imposed.

I was watching Sky News late last night and they had Kelvin MacKenzie on going over today's papers. He was absolutely indignant with rage that Cable hadn't been removed from the cabinet.[/QUOTE]

Personally,I'm incandscent with rage(not to say indignant)that KM hasn't been removed from Sky(and other news channels)whether to review the papers,or anything really.

Back