• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Who would you have?

Who would you have?

• Wayne Rooney

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • Fernando Torres

Votes: 8 40.0%
  • Didier Drogba

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • None of the above

Votes: 2 10.0%

• Total voters
Just for a bit of fun. There has been a lot of debate recently about who is the best striker in the Premier League. Wayne Rooney, Fernando Torres and Didier Drogba all have there strenghts and one or two weaknesses but who would you have in your squad?

Wayne Rooney: ENGLISH for a start, the guys energy is just second to none, never stops running. Scores and creates goals and to date is having the best season of his career (goal scoring wise). Wayne brings so much more than just scoring goals though, his all round play, determination and work rate is just amense.

Didier Drogba: Now i personally dont like this guy, he falls over as if he has been shot, he moans and he just sets a bad example for kids watching BUT the guy does score goals. The guy has strenght there is no doubt about that and he knows how to use it on the pitch as well but he needs to cut out all the diving and moaning.

Fernando Torres: Currently not having the best of seasons with injuries but is still Liverpools top scorer (ok they are having a poor season) and is also the clubs fastest ever 50 goal player. The skill this guy has is just out of this world and if fit and on form he is unplayable. The guy is just a natural goal scorer, get the ball to his feet and you no you have a great chance of a goal.

But who would you have in your squad?

depends on your team. if you want a target/solo striker, then Drogba or Torres, if you want a second striker then Rooney

Torres, for my money, is the best striker on the planet and I would take him.

On current form, Drogba is unplayable. Torres is getting over his injuries and Rooney will come alive during the end of the season. Drogba has strength and the speed to beat any defender in the world. Can also score a scorcher of a freekick (one against Arsenal this season is a brilliant example). I'm not a fan of his attitude at times and his diving drove me mad!

Best striker in the Premiership at the moment is Drogba, but in the world I'd have to go for Jabo Ibehre.

Back