• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I will be attending, one of my two games I can go to before I go away. New stadium for me.

100% going hope we keep our 100% record at that ground!!

I'm not going, but I imagine there will be an option of pay on the day, as their away stand can hold hold up to 2,500.

Considering the time of year with families on holiday & the long journey etc, I doubt very much we will get 700! probably will only make the 500 mark. 600 if were lucky!.. My guess is 525 as an average for this one... I would normally predict less than 500, but we might get a few more stragglers on the back of the Blackburn win.

The away end holds 2500 why would they only give us 500 tickets if we wanted more?

I don't know dan that's why I used a discussion board to put that question 'out there' so I presume from your answer you are suggesting we will get more ? If we use your theory .... if the away end holds 2500 then why not make it
a pay on the day
b give us 2500 tickets

Initial allocations are the norm these days. It lets the home club gauge what resources will need to be in place in terms of stewarding, catering staff, supplies etc and also allows the local constabulary to plan ahead.

There won't be a situation where people who want to go can't do so. You'll be able to pay on the day.

I am going to ask the wife if she wants to go to New York and see what the response is? :winking:

I don't know dan that's why I used a discussion board to put that question 'out there' so I presume from your answer you are suggesting we will get more ? If we use your theory .... if the away end holds 2500 then why not make it
a pay on the day
b give us 2500 tickets
Of course we will get more, when are we ever limited to a few hundred tickets and not given more if we need it? why would they only give us 500 tickets and turn down the money of an extra 200-300 people just to have a load of empty seats?

And it will be pay on the day, like it is for every other away game (apart from ones we sell out obviously). They won't give us 2500 tickets because we won't sell 2500 tickets and it will be a waste of money giving us the tickets.

I won't be going. Anyone in the UK worked out how to watch any of these i-folloow games from the UK yet?

I quite like the new Rotherham ground - located centrally with 1 or 2 nice features such as the floodlight mountings.

A ground worth visiting. :thumbsup:

Back