• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Why are Labour ahead in the polls?

Smudger

Manager
I don't live in the UK any more but I had thought that after making such a mess of everything last time round that Labour would not be given another opportunity to balls the country up for a long, long time. However, I was surprised to read today that Labour are actually AHEAD in the polls, albeit by a slender margin. Before you even consider the cluster**** they made of it last time, Miliband comes across like he should be running a branch of Poundland, not the country. He would be as much use as Anne Frank's drumkit, should an international crisis occur....so what's it all about?

Surely this applies most to Labour voters. They can only be voting for another chance to drain the state for their own ends - more cushy public sector jobs, benefits on tap etc etc :whistling:

Or Tory voters who'd like to send single teenage mums and asylum seekers to the electric chair :raspberry:

Don't pay much attention to opinion polls outside of election periods, they are never an accurate representation of how the next election will go. Mind's tend to focus once an election is called.

It's pretty rare for the governing party to be leading the polls between elections. Fairly sure we'll see another hung parliament in 2015, with the Conservatives still the largest party; just.

Ask Joe Bloggs in the street is the country in a good state, they will say no, therefore they will look to where the grass is greener.

When the election s come people will think differen tly when Ed Milliband is standing on the stage next to Cameron. I use to hate Cameron, but if its a choice between the two men Id want Cameron running the country.

It's pretty rare for the governing party to be leading the polls between elections. Fairly sure we'll see another hung parliament in 2015, with the Conservatives still the largest party; just.

No Government (of whatever political persuasion) has ever been re-elected with real incomes falling.That is the challenge the Tories face.

No Government (of whatever political persuasion) has ever been re-elected with real incomes falling.That is the challenge the Tories face.

That is true. But it's also true that it's pretty tough for a party to get in to power when led by a gimp such as Miliband. I honestly think the general public just don't like or trust him and that he's doing his party few favours.

Still, the odds currently favour Labour. They are a best priced 8/13 (1.61) to win the most seats at the next general election, with the Conservatives 6/4 (2.50).

That is true. But it's also true that it's pretty tough for a party to get in to power when led by a gimp such as Miliband. I honestly think the general public just don't like or trust him and that he's doing his party few favours.

Still, the odds currently favour Labour. They are a best priced 8/13 (1.61) to win the most seats at the next general election, with the Conservatives 6/4 (2.50).

Your odds suggest a hung parliament, with Labour as the largest single party, (which is precisely what most political comentators are forecasting).

Yeah, the police, fire service, nurses really think their jobs are cushy....

Yeah it must have been obvious I was referring only to them :nope: I'm talking about all the unneccessary civil servants, and bureaucrats they required to **** everything up. The Labour government created just under a million new public sector positions in ten years.

Yeah it must have been obvious I was referring only to them :nope: I'm talking about all the unneccessary civil servants, and bureaucrats they required to **** everything up. The Labour government created just under a million new public sector positions in ten years.

Are the Tories any better? From a Railway perspective they've f'd up the refranchising on the WMCL and HS2 seems to be going rapidly down the drain despite spending millions on both.

Are the Tories any better? From a Railway perspective they've f'd up the refranchising on the WMCL and HS2 seems to be going rapidly down the drain despite spending millions on both.

No, I'm not suggesting that, I have never voted Conservative and would probably look for a third independent alternative if pushed. I'm suggesting that the decade of disaster that was Labour rule should have been enough to wipe them off the political map for decades, Miliband or no Miliband.....

No, I'm not suggesting that, I have never voted Conservative and would probably look for a third independent alternative if pushed..

Who? There isn't one. I'm seriously considering not bothering to vote.

I'm suggesting that the decade of disaster that was Labour rule should have been enough to wipe them off the political map for decades, Miliband or no Miliband.....

People have short memories.

Your odds suggest a hung parliament, with Labour as the largest single party, (which is precisely what most political comentators are forecasting).

At the moment, odds on a Labour majority are slightly shorter than a hung parliament (5/4 against 6/4).

Still, if a week is a long time in politics, then 20 months is a very long time!

Losing all the union money, I assume Labour will just have to resort to standing outside people's houses shouting rather than dropping leaflets?

Real incomes will be on the rise by the time the election comes round. Labour face a greater challenge than the Tories and as far as I can see there is no real strategy in place to help them win in 2015.

Exactly what Ive said all along.

Many people dont vote for the party they vote for the man. Milliband is such a wet blanket I cant see the British people voting for him.

Many people dont vote for the party they vote for the man. Milliband is such a wet blanket I cant see the British people voting for him.

Absolutely, mind you what alternatives are there? Balls is the danger man in the Labour hierarchy, should he be elected leader for whatever reason before the next GE, then I think that Labour would stand a significantly better chance. Can't stand him either though as it goes, they really are all as bad as each other, but I find the Labour front benchers so totally hypocritical that I don't understand why any traditional Labour voters would vote for them.

Surely this applies most to Labour voters. They can only be voting for another chance to drain the state for their own ends - more cushy public sector jobs, benefits on tap etc etc :whistling:

I've voted Labour. I do not work in the public sector, I do not claim any benefits, tap related or otherwise. So rethink your argument??

Back