• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ricky Otto

President⭐
I know this probably should be ex-shrimpers but after Chris Phillips twitter revelation last night and all the other revelations lately, I thought this would probably be relevant.

As soon as someone reads the echo story could they kindly post the jist of it on here? No one sells the echo in Chelmsford.

Thanks

Chris Phillips on a purple patch at the moment, real blood and guts stories, that would actually make you go out and buy the Echo to read..........and no, they don't sell it in Saint Gaudens either! Of course it's far more interesting reading what has been printed this week, than an interview with a Southend striker who wants to score on Friday, because it's his Gran's birthday. Having said that, I'm sure CP would prefer to write about the more parochial side and not have to deal with
stories that are important, informative and revealing but at the same time hurtful.

So Cresswell left not because he was homesick. But because of how the club is being run. Not nice to read, but good to hear the truth rather than the ******** the club keep spouting. Good work again CP.

I think this is the position CP constantly finds himself in. He probably gets a lot of truth from the players but politically can't rock the boat.

Notice how all the comments at the moment are from ex-players? I'm glad his stuff is getting printed and here's to it rattling a few cages.

Maybe next time people might listen:

:winking:

However, as I have said on other threads on this subject I don't really believe that he is homesick. I think he is using it as an excuse: he wants to leave because he doesn't see us making a strong promotion push this season. Maybe getting rid of Paul Sturrock has upset him too. What makes me say that? Well, the fact that after Brown had talked to Cresswell he was saying the Cressy will stay if we can convince him of our ambition by bringing in decent signings. If he truly wanted to move back North because he was homesick nothing we do on the playing front would make any difference.

The club have scored a huge own goal by not letting him speak to players or the manager. It means two things - one he feels mistreated and probably wants to get them back, and two, he has to speak to ex-players or delve into the financial problems for stories. It's resulted in some really interesting stories this week but I bet the club are doing their pieces, which is of course very funny.

So Cresswell left not because he was homesick. But because of how the club is being run. Not nice to read, but good to hear the truth rather than the ******** the club keep spouting. Good work again CP.

Despite the fact that the club is badly run I suspect he left because another club offered to pay him more money, but by saying this stuff now he gets a good reception on his return.

So ex-employees have an axe to grind and in what industry with a large turnover of staff is there not disgruntled staff? They don't like the way the club is run or they feel sorry for the fans, oh and the club should be much higher up the leagues. Big deal! It appears some on this forum think this is real journalism from CP. The only thing missing from this is ra between the initials CP.

Basically Southend United have had long-term money troubles and in the process alienated some people. What a surprise. Go out around Southend to some of the bigger employers and find me one where no employees bitch about the bosses or conditions, or dislike one of those at the top.

Despite the fact that the club is badly run I suspect he left because another club offered to pay him more money, but by saying this stuff now he gets a good reception on his return.

To be honest all ex players should get a good reception,then forget about them till after the game,time and time again I have seen ex players motivated by the abuse from the stands and become superstars against us.
Like all players they and go,but lets concentrate on the 11 in a blue shirt and try and encourage them for 90 minutes at least against Fleetwood

UTS

Of course,there's no proof for that,either way.

In any case,he should be welcomed back,simply because he was a bloody good player for us.

I never believed the "homesick" story, however I don't blame Cresswell either for wanting to leave due to the way the club is run (ie. late wages/no wages etc). Most players would be thinking the same in that situation.

I hope he gets a good reception on Friday as he deserves one. I never saw him give less than 100% for us on the pitch when he was here and when he left we made a very tidy profit on a player we signed for nothing just a year earlier.

(P.S. I'd also like to echo the comments above, you just know that if he's booed he'll score so give him a clap on Friday!). :smile::clap:

Ironic really that we are rightly talking of giving another ex player a good reception on his return when some cannot even give their all own "current" squad the same.

I never believed the "homesick" story, however I don't blame Cresswell either for wanting to leave due to the way the club is run (ie. late wages/no wages etc). Most players would be thinking the same in that situation.

I hope he gets a good reception on Friday as he deserves one. I never saw him give less than 100% for us on the pitch when he was here and when he left we made a very tidy profit on a player we signed for nothing just a year earlier.

(P.S. I'd also like to echo the comments above, you just know that if he's booed he'll score so give him a clap on Friday!). :smile::clap:

Agreed, which is why I said this:

Forgive me for being cynical, but this sounds to me like Cresswell's claim to be homesick was just a smokescreen. It seems to me he saw us as a sinking ship and wanted to leave. Because he was under contract he couldn't just say so, hence the homesick claim.

If he really were homesick PB's vision for our future wouldn't make a blind bit of difference to him.

That said, I also believe RC is the type of player who will always give 100%, so if he stays i'll be as excited as the next guy.

Back