• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Why doesn't Mildenhall ever get near to stopping all these goals...?

wiggy

Darryl's Love Child
No coincidence that Feds and Flavs made match winning stops yet all this bloke seems to do is dive and jump over everything. Is it bad positioning or a general slowness to anticipate anything, one thing for sure is that with him in goal despite how bad the defence is looking he aint the bloke to keep us in games. Hasn't improved the aerial problems and has made the general goalkeeping position much worse. Blames everybody else for all the goals he is leaking but i am afraid he is no better than League 2, if that!

welcome back wiggy!!!!

Thanks, now all the Tilly lovers are turning i won't feel quite so out of place. Don't really want him to get the push as he hasn't got much to work with but some of his glaring errors ie. Mildy, Hoops take some believing!

No coincidence that Feds and Flavs made match winning stops yet all this bloke seems to do is dive and jump over everything. Is it bad positioning or a general slowness to anticipate anything, one thing for sure is that with him in goal despite how bad the defence is looking he aint the bloke to keep us in games. Hasn't improved the aerial problems and has made the general goalkeeping position much worse. Blames everybody else for all the goals he is leaking but i am afraid he is no better than League 2, if that!

Lol surprise surprise, wiggy returns! S'pose we should all be thankful for Fed's 2 month loan cos it gave us a break from the wigster. Not even wiggy could deny that Federici was absolutely streets ahead of Flavs so she couldn't criticise him even if she didn't fancy him!

Try blaming the defence wiggy cos that's where the real problem lies, Mildenhall is just a fairly solid League One keeper as far as I can tell.

Lol surprise surprise, wiggy returns! S'pose we should all be thankful for Fed's 2 month loan cos it gave us a break from the wigster. Not even wiggy could deny that Federici was absolutely streets ahead of Flavs so she couldn't criticise him even if she didn't fancy him!

Try blaming the defence wiggy cos that's where the real problem lies, Mildenhall is just a fairly solid League One keeper as far as I can tell.

Solid, why does he hardly ever make a save then, had enough practise lately but don't even get near, still you got ya tall man!

Thanks, now all the Tilly lovers are turning i won't feel quite so out of place. Don't really want him to get the push as he hasn't got much to work with but some of his glaring errors ie. Mildy, Hoops take some believing!

If you read the threads a lot of people are still backing Tilson. To say people are turning is stretching it.

Incidentally, who could be a Southend fan and not be a Tilly lover? The man is a club legend, even if the last couple of months have been disappointing.

Probably immaterial but Mildenhall was not to blame for any of the goals last night.

I take your point that Mildenhall is not a better overall keeper than Shorty but I dont think he is any worse. I think he is better in the air but is not the shot stopper that daryl was.

also i dont recall you ranting about Federici when we were shipping goals who had the same shocking defence in front of him. And i wasnt alone when thinking Feds was at fault at home to Oldham and away at Tranmere.

The goal keeping position is the least of our worries at the moment.

Because his "defence" has been offering him zero protection?

Just watching Feds playing in the live game on Sky , the guy is class and i can't see him losing his place as their no 1 any time soon , he defo made a huge difference to our team when he was here , fantastic keeper and miles ahead from any keeper we;ve had in the last 15 years .

Glad you've said that, I thought he looked fairly blameless from what they showed on Soccer AM.

In fact he had a very steady game and was probably the only one, despite Macca trying very hard to no avail, that came out with any real credit.

Glad you've said that, I thought he looked fairly blameless from what they showed on Soccer AM.

.....but that's my point, he always looks blameless as goals sail past him. Every week he looks blameless as he did at Leicester but a good, quick, well positioned keeper would get across and turn them around the post. All that arm flapping and ranting at his defence don't wash, one day he might pull off a save!

If his defence were doing their job then that would be all he had to do, trouble is they leave him exposed far too often.

If his defence were doing their job then that would be all he had to do, trouble is they leave him exposed far too often.

Previous keepers have been left exposed as well but they still managed to pull off something a bit special, Mildenhall imo is on a par with Prudhoe and Emberson!

Previous keepers have been left exposed as well but they still managed to pull off something a bit special, Mildenhall imo is on a par with Prudhoe and Emberson!

You really do talk absolutle load of tripe wiggy. Mildenhall can make saves and he has proved that, I have seen him make some saves that Federici and Flavs would of been proud of. He can be commanding in the air, he is a good keeper and perfect for this level. But I am sorry when he has people like Francis having a nightmare of late it doesn't help him out.

Back