• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

CHEMICO FC

Manager
I thought Connor Clifford was playing very well today ,Shouldnt have been taken off. Things went wrong when we make the 3 substutions. We created enough Chances to win the game.in first half.As they never announced MoM today i give it.
Connor Clifford.
:stunned:

I thought Connor Clifford was playing very well today ,Shouldnt have been taken off. Things went wrong when we make the 3 substutions. We created enough Chances to win the game.in first half.As they never announced MoM today i give it.
Connor Clifford.
:stunned:

Agreed, thought Clifford was by far our best player until he was taken off. To be fair Deegan had a much better second half, but Clifford looked good throughout. MOM would be him or Bentley (no chance with goal and 3 or 4 very good saves after that)

PB said in the interview he didn't take anyone off because they were particularly having a bad game and that Clifford was disappointed, so he should have been. I felt Deegan of the two should have gone as he had been marked down in the ref's book well and truly.

Agreed, thought Clifford was by far our best player until he was taken off. To be fair Deegan had a much better second half, but Clifford looked good throughout. MOM would be him or Bentley (no chance with goal and 3 or 4 very good saves after that)
I too was surprised he was taken off when that Hurst fella was finding it difficult out there today, bar one decent cross I think. I was impressed with those three you mentioned, they were my stand out players today for Southend as well.

I think the Payne and Clifford substitutions were down to maybe getting a bit more strength in there. I would basically have subbed Coulthirst for Barney, Atkinson for Payne and Worrall for Hurst. But PB is the manager and knows far better than I do. I just watch the games.

I thought Clifford was well off the pace today. There were worse players to be fair but wasn't unhappy to see him go off.

I think the Payne and Clifford substitutions were down to maybe getting a bit more strength in there. I would basically have subbed Coulthirst for Barney, Atkinson for Payne and Worrall for Hurst. But PB is the manager and knows far better than I do. I just watch the games.
And left Weston on? :stunned: One of the most disappointing signings ever in recent years, I'm sure he's a lovely bloke but he's just not producing enough on the pitch.

And left Weston on? :stunned: One of the most disappointing signings ever in recent years, I'm sure he's a lovely bloke but he's just not producing enough on the pitch.

But harsh think he is a winger that we're forcing yo play as a front man. Did well with Corr alongside him but not an out and out forward.

Clifford was OK but no better than Deegan and at 0-1 we didn't need two holding players on the pitch. It could have been either but I think Brown rates Deegan for his experience and indeed he made several vital interceptions and blocks in the last 15 mins when the defence went AWOL (again).
can't think of another game where I've seen such a gap between the defence and offense as in the last 20 mins today. This was one game where we sorely missed BBBC, there was no hold-up play today from the forwards, and with Payne having a quiet game, no creativity from the midfield. Hopefully Worral gets a chance next match as I thought he was very good for the time he was on the pitch. Those lauding Williams over Coker need to watch today's game to see why I think Coker is arguably our most important player...

More worried by the fact that Brown seems unable to change games when he makes substitutions apart from Corr

More worried by the fact that Brown seems unable to change games when he makes substitutions apart from Corr

I was even more worried that Phil thought Barney would be the answer who has still not scored from open play!Phil should have gave one of the untried the nod .

Bizarre thinking from Phil.

Whatever you say, Barney is not going to get a chance if he doesn't ever start a game!!! No-one can assess him fairly until he is given that chance, he put Morecambe's defence under more pressure than Weston, Coulthirst and Payne combined when he came on and THAT is what we need to be doing sometimes against teams like this! If Corr is not available then for Christ's sake give Barney a chance!

Whatever you say, Barney is not going to get a chance if he doesn't ever start a game!!! No-one can assess him fairly until he is given that chance, he put Morecambe's defence under more pressure than Weston, Coulthirst and Payne combined when he came on and THAT is what we need to be doing sometimes against teams like this! If Corr is not available then for Christ's sake give Barney a chance!

But he's been here going on year and had never taken a chance when given it....I've said it elsewhere, I genuinely don't understand why Williams and/or Layne aren't ahead of Barnard in the pecking order...they are likely to improve for the first team experience and can't do a lot worse than Barnard.

I am not in the Barry Corr love club by any means, but we are properly screwed if he is unavailable and that has to be down to bad management.

But he's been here going on year and had never taken a chance when given it....I've said it elsewhere, I genuinely don't understand why Williams and/or Layne aren't ahead of Barnard in the pecking order...they are likely to improve for the first team experience and can't do a lot worse than Barnard.

I am not in the Barry Corr love club by any means, but we are properly screwed if he is unavailable and that has to be down to bad management.

Barney isn't Corr...when he started last season on the odd occasion, we still played as if Corr was up top. Seems that is the way we play regardless of who is up top - we even saw it today, pumping the ball up despite having a small top line. We've not once played Barney in a set up that suits him. I'd like to see that, just once before making an informed decision.

I was even more worried that Phil thought Barney would be the answer who has still not scored from open play!Phil should have gave one of the untried the nod .

Bizarre thinking from Phil.
Bit hard for him to score from open play when he never gets a game...

Barney isn't Corr...when he started last season on the odd occasion, we still played as if Corr was up top. Seems that is the way we play regardless of who is up top - we even saw it today, pumping the ball up despite having a small top line. We've not once played Barney in a set up that suits him. I'd like to see that, just once before making an informed decision.

As much as I believe Barney has shot his bolt and is over the hill (as the sayings go) and I have seen nothing to change my mind about Barney, for once I find myself understanding OldBlueLady's logic in the last part of her post ''We've not once played Barney in a set up that suits him. I'd like to see that, just once before making an informed decision.''
I noticed yesterday that Shaq (he who cannot hit a barn door) tried to sit on the shoulder of his defender and made the start of a run to get the through ball that never came. So many times yesterday we were pre-occupied with passing the ball back to the defender to switch sides and in the second half Williams was open a number of times on the left but we kept the ball on the right where play was squeezed (maybe this was because Weston was underperforming). Yes we did attack down the left on a number of occassions but we are quite predictable and we do miss a fit and inform Leonard for his bursting runs through the centre.
To be truthful we lack a proper striker and if we had one we would be romping this league.

Doesn't matter what / who forward/s we have, if we don't play the ball into the channels for them they will never score.

Too many times today we had this option but chose to play the ball wide for the cross, this was for the tall center forward in the box! ( Oh! errr we haven't got one :'( ).

Back