• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Why was it so quiet !

noodle123

Schoolboy
Any reason why it was so quiet at today's game :stunned:. The drums were loud at the start of the game and a few chants but 2nd half it was quiet.

It may have had something to do with the fact that what was being witnessed on the pitch did little to get the juices flowing.... Or warm you up, it was bloody freezing today!

The highlight of the afternoon was the Bluebelles- enough said! Wouldnt mind unwrapping one of them on xmas day.

the only reason it was soo packed today and no atmosphere is because
most of the fans only come so that there name is on the database so they can buy chelsea when they go on general sale

the only reason it was soo packed today and no atmosphere is because
most of the fans only come so that there name is on the database so they can buy chelsea when they go on general sale

Off all the lame excuses......this one takes the biscuit. For all the undoubted effort of Mr blue voice, it would appear that thier is no wholesale support for his undoubted passion. Even the drum was silent for the second half. 12th player? my arse

In my opinion there were too many youngsters in today, and right next to TBV's "home" - in fact, between them and what little travelling support classed as the "away" fans, so I wondered if there were any directives to tone the drums down at all because of this? Apart from the performance, it's about the only reason I can think of.

Off all the lame excuses......this one takes the biscuit. For all the undoubted effort of Mr blue voice, it would appear that thier is no wholesale support for his undoubted passion. Even the drum was silent for the second half. 12th player? my arse

The best noise always comes from the south stand,much louder.

The fact there were 400 kids in where the noisy lot usually sit, killed it stone dead before the game even started. We had to move the drums after being told we couldnt upset the kids and their parents. As a result of this and the poor game, nobody was interested in joining in with the drum much. Not alot we can do about that. All that said, the rest of the ground didnt make a peep either...

As I thought then Lee, as soon as I saw the kids all streaming in there I thought they'd give you problems. They caused absolute havoc at half time as well.

The fact there were 400 kids in where the noisy lot usually sit, killed it stone dead before the game even started. We had to move the drums after being told we couldnt upset the kids and their parents. As a result of this and the poor game, nobody was interested in joining in with the drum much. Not alot we can do about that. All that said, the rest of the ground didnt make a peep either...
The south stand did ,great effort.

Well, i can actually say that i witnessed a bit of history yesterday.

I think for the first time, I have actually seen some orange coats come into the south upper and accuse someone of swearing...

I think for the first time, I have actually seen some orange coats come into the south upper and accuse someone of swearing...

Since when have "Oh dear", "Oops!" and "zzzzzz" been swearing?

A few blokes singing 'aye aye ippy ippy aye'? Why did the West Stand blue voice section sound like it was full of kids yesterday? Atmoshpere was crap but it normally is with matches like that.
because it was....

A few blokes singing 'aye aye ippy ippy aye'? Why did the West Stand blue voice section sound like it was full of kids yesterday? Atmoshpere was crap but it normally is with matches like that.

Because our section was full of kids! About 500 of them actually. Which as mentioned earlier, killed the atmosphere stone dead in the West. Nowt we could do yesterday, all the usual lot that sit there were scattered all over the place. Yesterday was a prime example of why TBV needs it own proper members enclosure, preferably towards the Southern end of RH. This is being worked on for next season.

Several SZ members who will remain nameless were threatened by the short-sighted moron of a steward (no 60) over swearing occasionally at a couple of refereeing decisions that went against Southend and having p'eed off the supporters managed to get Hoppy the white coat and 2 gorillas in orange to stand menacingly trying to wind up the fans into a reaction. After half-time moron no 60 was swapped for a guy who did his job without trying to wind up any of the fans.
Listening to the pre-recorded child's message before the game it said " no swearing in our family enclosure, no mention of the rest of the ground. There was no continual swearing and, to my knowledge, no complaints made --- if the people concerned had been swearing all the time I am sure we would self-police and tell the person(s) to stop. It has happened in the past and to be honest if Libertine had been there yesterday instead of Australia I am sure he may have said the odd expletive.
This situation will be monitored at future games and representations will be made to the club if we have to suffer the special needs steward again if he chooses to attack the supporters, these people are older fans, not young lads and deserve better from the steward.

Back