• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Wicketkeeper

Wicketkeeper -

• Geraint Jones

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Chris Read

• James Foster

• Matt Prior

• Other

• Total voters
Ah right, but what does he have that Giles/Keedy doesnt? As they are both slow left armers too.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Museshrimper @ July 26 2005,16:48)]Ah right, but what does he have that Giles/Keedy doesnt? As they are both slow left armers too.
I don't think at present we have any spinners who could worry Australia. So I don't see the point in playing one, just because they are a spinner.

What he has over the other two is youth, and hence the chance to develop and improve further. This isn't the case with the other two.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Museshrimper @ July 26 2005,16:48)]Ah right, but what does he have that Giles/Keedy doesnt? As they are both slow left armers too.
With respect to his batting nothing i think. Otherwise it is youth, Giles is over 30, and Keedy has been around for ages and i think is pushing or past 30.

Keedy, like Schofield may have been a better prospect for England if Lancashire had not had Murali & Hooper in their ranks ahead of them. Which probably opens another can of worms concerning overseas players.

I have seen Keedy a few times on Sky and he does give it a rip, but he has nothing that will upset the Aussies.

The only way we can do that is with pace, and i was gratified to see that Langer was whinging about Harmison dishing it out and not apologising to Ponting when he hit him.

This from the nation that gave us the charmless Jeff Thomson and Brett Lee who likes to dish out beamers (accidently??) he says.

Back