• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Will you still attend next season?

Will you still attend next season?

• Yes

Votes: 293 73.8%
  • No

Votes: 57 14.4%
  • Maybe

Votes: 47 11.8%

• Total voters

Tommy2holes

Life President⭐
A can understand the frustration and anger at the position of the club.

It's fair to say quite a few people will not attend and of course there are those that will attend, regardless.

So I thought a poll was in order

Yes, I doubt I’ll buy a season ticket (I haven’t for along while) but I’ll still be attending all of the weekend games at least.

Yes. Providing I can see the games through a veil of my Great Grandads, Grandads, Dad's, my own and my Son's tears.

I think however that some people are wildly overestimating what our attendances will be like. Especially away from home. We're not taking 2000 anywhere in non-league.

If we are top of the league people will come.

Near the bottom after these few years and probably 20 quid a ticket i can see 500-1000 die hards which will dwindle the longer we are down there/playing awful football.

I’ll wait to see what I’d actually be paying for before making a decision

Saying that it’ll probably be a yes but I certainly worries me where the money actually goes

Southend United is like to many of us in our blood ..I now live in Brighton with rhe glamour if you like and prestige of a top flight club 9n my doorstep. I am interested of course not
Sutc are my club and have been for over 40 years
I will always attend just want to see us thrive again eventually
2e have a large catchment area and we could succeed 0lease God we do again..because we have in the past
Sufc is OUR club we can't let it die ever

I’ll keep going no matter what. This is my club. The club isn’t Ron Martin. It’s far bigger than anyone. I can’t forget the memories, the good times, the bad times and all the things that make supporting us a rollercoaster of emotions. We could go down to the Conference South and I’d still buy my shirt, a season ticket and a couple of beers. It’s in our blood and no matter how frustrated I’ve been over the last however many years, I couldn’t ever turn my back.

I voted no. Absolutely no reason to think Ron will be paying any players, paying the taxman or being under an embargo, to make up for the loss this season. Seriously whats the point ? Fans doing their best and he'll just let it all slip away again, pretending to care.

Now if that drops me from "true fan" status as a certain respected (?) poster claimed on here recently, so be it. I look forward to reuniting my aquaintance with the Blues in league football.

You can stick it Ron Martin. 45yrs and three generations, only so many times he's gonna kick me in the bollocks. #gonefishing

I voted yes but it is hard to not feel anger and bitterness at the chairman and then at the same time put money into the club he alone controls.

If the price is right and if the team is funded appropriately etc.

But if the team is again a shambles and bills go unpaid then I will stay away.

I don't want to stay away. I want to support my club, but it hasn't felt like my club for several seasons now.

I go and watch them whatever division we are in. We will get up to 6-8k as fans are desperate to watch football after almost 2 years in lockdown.
This will be interesting because my guess would be 3 to 4k if you're lucky.
Remember the Dave Smith bounce back year promotion where we broke records and scored goals for fun ....not even that made the crowds return till the final games .

Back