• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

tommy tucker

Manager
This was my first look at the player lots have been said how good and composed he is for a young lad .I thought he was very strong and quick for one so big . I would rather hope his loan can be prolonged for at least january .AS he keeps the coker on his toes on his return from injury .

I also heard good things but some of his game yesterday was naive. One pass in particular was suicidal and nearly cost us the points.

That said he has a lot of potential and is very capable in cokers absence.

Good as an attacking full back but is a little reckless at times ........... he plays like a loan player - oh, he is a loan player.

I like him (Williams) but I also like Coker. Overall, I'm looking forward to having Coker back.

William keeping Coker seat warm until he come back, really we should keep him for much longer as we are winning games!

The man seems happy to be playing and winning.
Palace are not playing young O'Keefe under Warnock so maybe he can join us when we get to Div 1 .

Im not as impressed as most on this forum. I agree he has pace, but he needs it given his starting position is so poor. I guess you would expect that given his inexperience. However going forward he is a liability. He thinks he is better than he is a probably only beats he player 50% of the time. Also, i agree with others about his poor passing. This is where the football world is mad, Coker is a far better player and yet in a lower league and (probably) on less money.

Our back 5 will be the best in the division when Coker returns.

I actually think overall he is as good if not better than Coker, much better at going forward and a lot stronger, the last 10 mins of the game yesterday a couple of Shrewsbury players tried ruffling him up a bit a times as if they were trying to get a reaction from him, he just kept his head up and gave back as good as he got without losing his head, good solid left back, very strong with it to, I would make Coker wait for his chance as this guy hasn't put a foot wrong yet:thumbsup:

He is strong as an Ox. First half, he was seeing the ball out of play as the big number two was desperate to get the ball and Williams held him off superbly. He isn't a small lad but the number two towered over him. Williams has strength and power to burn. Really like him. Bit of a hospital ball across the middle of the park first half but I'd love him here longer

Sounds like more than an adequate stand in for Coker. However, although I can only get to about 8 games a year, I have yet to see Coker play a bad game home or away. Must be back in there as soon as he is ready. His energy going forward, recovery runs and cover at pace goes a long way at our level. Also, If you are sitting close to him when he is playing, you can clearly see his aggressivness, willingness to win. If we can get him, Lenny & Timlin back soon, we will be strong

If and it's a big if we can keep hold of him, personally I would love to see Coker back at LB and push Williams up to LM, means leaving Weston out but competition for places is fierce this season, Leonard is going to struggle to get his place back.

Not sure how he'd get on, but I'd like to see him play the Yaya Toure role & dominate the midfield. He's certainly got the stature, steel & stamina for it.

Young. Enthusiastic. Loves going forward. All good.

But the main part of the job description is defending the left hand side .....................

Been a cracking replacement for Coker who himself has been a cracking signing for the club. Williams is a different style of full back to Coker, both have many qualities and only a few weaknesses. When Coker does return from Injury, I'm hoping he has to fight Williams for his shirt as Coker started the season slightly below par imho - I'm sure this will spur Coker on which is a win win situation for all of us.

UTB

Back