• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Win the C.Cup or Stay Up?

Win the C.Cup or Stay Up? - Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

• Win the Carling Cup but go down

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stay up this season

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Ah, sod it. Win the cup, and let's have a European adventure next season...

laugh.gif

winning cup would be amazing but isn't going to happen so would much rather stay up. do not want to go back to league 1 again

nooooooooooooooooooo

come on lads, think about the eternal glory... the elite group of clubs that have won it and the fact that col u will probably never do it!! come on!!

also i dont think we will ever have as good a chance as we have at the moment, do spurs and meet wycombe! game on!!

Stay up and preparing for next season in the Championship

given that we are goingto be staying up anyway I would
pefer to triumph at the new wembley in the worlds oldest
cup competition - and lose in the final of the Carling.

And I reckon Freddy will stay -

Well neither are going to happen so this is just a pipe dream but I would take winning the Cup. A chance for Southend to lift some real Silverware and go into Europe next season.

Cup glory please. League is our bread and butter blah blah blah, but just imagine winning the Carling Cup.

Of course imagining is all you can do because there's no chance of us winning it.

Is there not a rule though that if you're not in the top 2 domestic divisions, you can't appear in Europe?

Therefore if we won the Carling Cup but went down, those Premier League scumbags would nick our UEFA Cup place?  Anyway, still never going to happen.....

Which of the two do you think is more likely though? To win the cup we don't actually have to win any games! (penalties and away goals etc). Whereas in the league we have to win at least 12 or so more games.

Hmmmmm

upside.gif
laugh.gif
rock.gif
down.gif

Where's the "Aaaaghhh! I can't make up my mind" choice?

Back