• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

MK Shrimper

Striker
Uncle Napster has handed over the reins of the competition to me as he's a otherwise engaged, so here's the list of winners from the last round and I'll do the draw with my glamorous assistant over the weekend.

Last 16:

Mcnasty - Blazing Saddles
Yorkshire Blue – Life of Brian
Drastic Sturgeon - Withnail and I
Hazey - Shaun of the Dead
ChapperzUK – Monty Python and the Holy Grail
Uxbridge - Ghostbusters
Jassyfa1 - The Naked Gun
Rusty Shackleford- National Lampoon's Animal House
Mr Gilbo - Hangover
Cricko - Groundhog day
Ldnfatso - Brewsters Millions
Napster – Airplane
Mad Cyril - Caddyshack
Gt Yarmouth Shrimper- Planes,Trains and Automobiles
MrB- Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy
OBL - Trading Places

16 teams in a Quarter Final? We going in groups of 4? :)

The draw has just taken place at MK towers by the lovely soon to be Mrs MK and is as follows;

1) ChapperzUK – Monty Python and the Holy Grail v MrB- Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy

2) Rusty Shackleford- National Lampoon's Animal House v Mad Cyril - Caddyshack

3) Cricko - Groundhog day v Gt Yarmouth Shrimper- Planes,Trains and Automobiles

4) Hazey - Shaun of the Dead v Mr Gilbo - Hangover

5) Drastic Sturgeon - Withnail and I v Uxbridge Shrimper - Ghostbusters

6) Mcnasty -Blazing Saddles v Ldnfatso - Brewsters Millions

7) Yorkshire Blue – Life of Brian v OBL - Trading Places

8) Jassyfa1 - The Naked Gun v Napster – Airplane

Last 16 ties to start tomorrow, 2 a day rest day Friday.

lets hope that anchorman and brewsters millions are kept apart until the final! couldn't choose between them

I'd make you slight favourite. I think Ghostbusters has wider appeal, but Withnail (which, to my shame, I haven't seen) seems to be one of those films with a really obsessive following.

Ghostbusters is a fun movie, but ultimately a bit of a silly romp. Withnail is a classic which works so brilliantly and captures all the eccentricities of englishness. It's a truly beautiful film.

And then there's Monty....

I'd make you slight favourite. I think Ghostbusters has wider appeal, but Withnail (which, to my shame, I haven't seen) seems to be one of those films with a really obsessive following.

I'm not so sure I'm favourite, will be pretty close I think. Ghostbusters was definately part of my youth (I had the action figures and the theme song was the first single I ever bought!), and I'll have no problem if Withnail & I goes out to it.

Hmm ... coming from the bloke who wanted all The Beatles albums put together in a pre draw before Battle of the Albums IIRC :stunned:

Oy! Just because you got knocked out in the first round. If you're questioning my neutrality I will get Mrs MK round with a feather duster!

Back