• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

With Che suspended

Thenewblue

Manager
who's playing left back on Saturday?
Is Mark Wright ready?
Eagle? Who...?

My choice would have been Carl Pettefer but it looks like he might miss the game as well. So if the worst comes to the worst and Tilly genuinely can't get anyone in on loan, I'd go for Adam Barrett, with Spencer Prior and Andy Edwards as the central defensive partnership.

We better hope that Oldham have no players who can move at faster than strolling pace then.

I was gonna suggest what you said Kris, I think that was the plan. But Eagle and Spinner at the back, not the quickest pair are they? Surely Hunt could slip in at the back to add a bit of pace?

We've caught Oldham at the wrong time, they've won their last 5 games I think, and won every game over Christmas. It's gonna be tough.

hunt is injured, he had to have an opperation about two weeks ago.

Team v.s Oldham

Flavs

Jupp
Spinner
Barrett
Eagle (Wright?)

Gower
Maher
Guttridge
Bentley

Eastwood
Gray

Subs: Ademeno, Lawson, Possiby Smith, JCR (if deal goes through) and another new signing or youth teamer?

to think we could gloat about out subs bench early in the season saying it was a luxury to have players like Bentley and smith who could come on and change the game, i'm sure we'll see about 3 or 4 new faces come in

Surely more sense to have Barrett and Prior in the centre and Edwards right and Jupp left. Edwards has played right back a number of times and I believe Jupp can switch.
rock.gif

Most full backs should be able to switch, just a little adaptation for the left compared to right. Its a centre back for a full back which is a worrying shift as Cygan has proved, its hard!

Well yeah, but surely as he's playing for Arsenal and Edwards/Barret and an ageing Prior are playing for a League 1 team, you'd expect Cygan to adapt better? Just possibly....

barret's better than Cygan- but who's got more hair? my money's on bareet.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (bluebelle @ Jan. 04 2006,00:22)]its not hard cygan is just crap
Agreed its not rocket science but having done it myself a few times it is hard. Full Backs have to run a lot more and be prepared to overlap etc etc.

If nothing happens transfer-wise, I'd be tempted for this one game to go 3 at the back.
Team:

Flappy
Juppy [Spinner/Eagle] Barrett
Maher
Gower Benno Gutts Cole
Eastwood Gray

I'm just hoping for some new signings to relieve the problem, although I don't expect any. In that case I'd switch Jupp and play Eagle at right back. We need Barrett in the centre I reckon.

I personally think that whatever happens its gonna be damn hard to get anything from Oldham with the threadbare squad we have at the moment. A point would be arguably our best result of the season IMHO.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (MilkeySUFC @ Jan. 04 2006,09:15)]If nothing happens transfer-wise, I'd be tempted for this one game to go 3 at the back.
Team:

Flappy
Juppy [Spinner/Eagle] Barrett
             Maher
 Gower Benno Gutts Cole
        Eastwood Gray
I doubt that Tilly would ever go 3 at the back. Even if we were playing against 10 men

Back