• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Woking 1-1 Southend United

Well probably over half of this forum defend RM (in one way or another!) There was a poll started 4/5 months back about RM and I'm sure the majority that voted believed he would "save us". Update for you. He can't. He won't. He isn't able to. My main point here stands, several posters on here said it didn't matter we were under an embargo and it wouldn't effect us greatly. Well it has. With 2 strikers on the books that make Lee Barnard look fit, it's been an uphill struggle scoring goals and a goalkeeper on loan who basically meant we had to score 2 goals in a game to win (something we've struggled to do!)
I agree the embargo has made it almost impossible for the management team. The squad would have gradually evolved during the season. Without doubt it has virtually put the development a year behind.

However the season finishes Kevin and Co have worked wonders to get us into the position we are in now.

We could so easily have done a Scunthorpe last season, but we didn't. In effect proves a new owner and a new manager doesn't always work. In fairness though without the new owner, the Club would have ceased to exist. However, it is a long way back to the EFL for them.

Alright sunshine I was only asking the question. I looked at the table on the BBC website which says last updated on 10th April at 4.58, after all todays games were completed. Which as far as I'm aware, is up to date. It also shows todays results in its current form guide. Fair enough if its wrong, which it obviously is, but it claims to be up to date & in my experience is usually accurate.

Well probably over half of this forum defend RM (in one way or another!) There was a poll started 4/5 months back about RM and I'm sure the majority that voted believed he would "save us". Update for you. He can't. He won't. He isn't able to. My main point here stands, several posters on here said it didn't matter we were under an embargo and it wouldn't effect us greatly. Well it has. With 2 strikers on the books that make Lee Barnard look fit, it's been an uphill struggle scoring goals and a goalkeeper on loan who basically meant we had to score 2 goals in a game to win (something we've struggled to do!)
Maybe in selling the club, in a twisted way he is saving us 😁

That point guaranteed Woking a finish in the playoffs and on todays evidence, they won’t be going up. A game lacking any quality between the two teams.
We had 5 minutes of pure quality, the move to score our goal was excellent and for the next 5 minutes we played them off the park , could quite easily had another 2 goals in fact, the lads just need the confidence to play more that way , Bridge in that 5 minutes or so actually went forward and not backwards either. My man of the match Cardwell never stopped working his socks off fo the whol;e match, Miley also played well, best game ive seen from Taylor ,Husein not match fit , Sandat done well but easily knocked of the ball by the thugs from Woking. Ref not too bad at all done a reasonable job i thought .

A battling performance, worthy of a point. I think with Dackers & Lopata still in our team we would be comfortably in play-offs now. Fine margins at both ends a few less goals conceeded and a few more scored would have helped us get more points in those recent tight games we have been the wrong side of. However not to be and I thought those who played yesterday showed very little difference between 3rd place and where we are. Listening to their manager post match he did indicate he had rested players for this match with the run of games over a short period, this included Lopata, Daly, Greco-Cox & Wakefield. His excuse for their fans for the slightly lack lustre display. Both teams doid not create a lot opportunities to score.

Andeng-Ndi 6.5
Hobson 5
Kensdale 6
Lomas 6
Scott-Morriss 6
Taylor 7
Miley 6.5
Husin 7.5 MOTM
Ralph 5
Cardwell 7
Sandat 6

Bridge 7
Fonguck 5
Mooney 5

Welcome return for Noor Husin who certainly put himself about and showed what we were missing, run himself into the ground until subbed and deserves MOTM. Big game now Saturday and Dagenham, who are far better away than at home and anything other than a win will be play-offs gone. I fear this may be a game we will get beat and dread their fans celebrating at our expense again. Big job for Kev & Co to get us right for the challenge. UTB

A battling performance, worthy of a point. I think with Dackers & Lopata still in our team we would be comfortably in play-offs now. Fine margins at both ends a few less goals conceeded and a few more scored would have helped us get more points in those recent tight games we have been the wrong side of. However not to be and I thought those who played yesterday showed very little difference between 3rd place and where we are. Listening to their manager post match he did indicate he had rested players for this match with the run of games over a short period, this included Lopata, Daly, Greco-Cox & Wakefield. His excuse for their fans for the slightly lack lustre display. Both teams doid not create a lot opportunities to score.

Andeng-Ndi 6.5
Hobson 5
Kensdale 6
Lomas 6
Scott-Morriss 6
Taylor 7
Miley 6.5
Husin 7.5 MOTM
Ralph 5
Cardwell 7
Sandat 6

Bridge 7
Fonguck 5
Mooney 5

Welcome return for Noor Husin who certainly put himself about and showed what we were missing, run himself into the ground until subbed and deserves MOTM. Big game now Saturday and Dagenham, who are far better away than at home and anything other than a win will be play-offs gone. I fear this may be a game we will get beat and dread their fans celebrating at our expense again. Big job for Kev & Co to get us right for the challenge. UTB
Not sure why he rested lapata - think he's only played about 60 mins for them.

Haven’t seen the replay yet but was Hobson fouled for their goal? He seemed to be all lined up to head it clear until Dackers gave him a shove to push him off balance.

Was horrible conditions to play in: swirly wind and a poor pitch and it nullified both teams when it made it difficult to play in the air or on the deck.

Good to see Noor back, he gives us a touch of class in midfield that Benton wasn’t able to provide. Lovely through pass to Bridge that was as much about the timing as anything. His cross to Cardwell soon after might have won it as well.

Sandat adds something. He’s not the finished article and needs to bulk up (he has the frame to do so) and stay on his feet a bit more. His biggest contribution was probably for the goal where he occupied the centre halves which allowed Bridge to show an uncharacteristic burst of pace to get in behind. For a 17 year old he’s exceeded expectations but for a team with playoff aspirations you’re looking for a little more from a starting centre forward. Up front should be a major point of focus once we have a new owner but Sandat has put himself in the conversation as depth for next season. I’ll be watching his progress with interest.

Think our defence lacks a dominate centre-half who’ll get their head to the ball first. We’re spoilt for choice for players who could play off of such a player. That’s probably the difference between just missing out on the playoffs and getting to the final.

Haven’t seen the replay yet but was Hobson fouled for their goal? He seemed to be all lined up to head it clear until Dackers gave him a shove to push him off balance.

Was horrible conditions to play in: swirly wind and a poor pitch and it nullified both teams when it made it difficult to play in the air or on the deck.

Good to see Noor back, he gives us a touch of class in midfield that Benton wasn’t able to provide. Lovely through pass to Bridge that was as much about the timing as anything. His cross to Cardwell soon after might have won it as well.

Sandat adds something. He’s not the finished article and needs to bulk up (he has the frame to do so) and stay on his feet a bit more. His biggest contribution was probably for the goal where he occupied the centre halves which allowed Bridge to show an uncharacteristic burst of pace to get in behind. For a 17 year old he’s exceeded expectations but for a team with playoff aspirations you’re looking for a little more from a starting centre forward. Up front should be a major point of focus once we have a new owner but Sandat has put himself in the conversation as depth for next season. I’ll be watching his progress with interest.

Think our defence lacks a dominate centre-half who’ll get their head to the ball first. We’re spoilt for choice for players who could play off of such a player. That’s probably the difference between just missing out on the playoffs and getting to the final.
Agree for the most part. But Hobbo?
If anything he pushes Dackers, and then loses the flight of the ball: 100% to blame.
And yes, someone who would time dominant challenges would be good, like the guy on the Woking bench, lol!

You could argue that it should have been 0-1 because the only piece of decent attacking football resulted in us scoring our goal.
You could also argue that had Woking not scored, we wouldn't have had that attack which Bridge scored from. The butterly effect and all that

Last edited:
You could argue that it should have been 0-1 because the only piece of decent attacking football resulted in us scoring our goal.
Attacking quality deserves a reward.
But sadly, for us, defensive frailties likewise produces goals for the other side.
At this level, I wonder how many goals come from brilliant attacks and how many are gifted?

Back