• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

It's not widely known that in Zaire's first match in '74, the referee stopped play briefly in the first half to give the team the low-down of the laws of the game, as they didn't seem to know what offside was or what free kicks were.

Ahh, just a few to savour:

David Platt... "in the last minute of extra time!"

Owen scores that goal

Bergkamp scores that goal, also against Argentina

I love the Dutch commentary on that last one - probably the most magnificent goal I've ever seen scored live at a World Cup (with Owen's very closely behind).

:clap:

Baggio v. Czechoslovakia, 1990

The thing about the Baggio goal was that I can vividly remember the huge amount of pressure on his shoulders in 1990; he was supposed to be Italy's hero when they played at home, everyone (whether Italian or not) expected him to deliver. He did, finally, in that game.

Gemmill scores that goal v. Holland, 1978

Well, the wife would never forgive me if I didn't include it.

Ah, happy days. Looking forward to the tournament very much now!

Ahh, just a few to savour:

David Platt... "in the last minute of extra time!"

Owen scores that goal

Bergkamp scores that goal, also against Argentina

I love the Dutch commentary on that last one - probably the most magnificent goal I've ever seen scored live at a World Cup (with Owen's very closely behind).

:clap:

Baggio v. Czechoslovakia, 1990

The thing about the Baggio goal was that I can vividly remember the huge amount of pressure on his shoulders in 1990; he was supposed to be Italy's hero when they played at home, everyone (whether Italian or not) expected him to deliver. He did, finally, in that game.

Gemmill scores that goal v. Holland, 1978

Well, the wife would never forgive me if I didn't include it.

Ah, happy days. Looking forward to the tournament very much now!

can you remember the incident i was talking about?

France 98 - against the Argies. I had the pleasure of being there. Ecstacy and despair. Despite the result one of the best days out I've ever had.

I was at France 98 too and saw all 6 of the games in Montpellier.I also saw England v Tunisia in Marseilles and frankly all the agro there, before and after the game, put me off seeing any further England games live in that tournament.

Back