• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

World Cup Wrecked?

Most pointless piece of entrapment ever. Might sell a few more papers, but at the expense of seriously damaging our bid. Why is our press so intent in damaging any English sporting event?

You appear to have answered your own question.

I just reckon there must be some kind of happy medium, instead of having to go to the extremes of creating damaging news, which is pretty much what the Mail have done. I guess the printed media are in such a sorry state these days they'll do pretty much anything.

Like I said in my article, If they wanted a sensationalist article based on nothing more than the ramblings of a lunatic, they should've just ran with the Impending Apocalypse story from Drunken Albert outside Leicester Square.

Instead, they've destroyed two years of hard work and left the FA struggling to keep their heads above water.

Like I said in my article, If they wanted a sensationalist article based on nothing more than the ramblings of a lunatic, they should've just ran with the Impending Apocalypse story from Drunken Albert outside Leicester Square.

Instead, they've destroyed two years of hard work and left the FA struggling to keep their heads above water.

Spot on ESB. Surely every self respecting football fan will now boycott the Mail Group of Newspapers. Only if it hits them where it hurts might they think twice next time round.

This could also affect SUFC as I thought it was part of RM's plan that the new stadium (which will by then no longer be 'new' of course :)) was in line for use as training facilities etc.

I think this was a deliberate ploy by The Mail to stop all those thieving, horrible foreigners (especially the ******s) coming to our country, stealing our jobs, stabbing our teenagers and raping our women (and giving them AIDS) and supporting their football teams for 4 weeks.

Not sure what they will now write about for that period instead though.

Not sure what they will now write about for that period instead though.

1. How not having the World Cup in this country has seen property prices slump.

2. How a surge in optimism following the World Cup has seen property prices soar.

3. Or perhaps a reprise of their piece from 1934 in praise of Oswald Moseley's British Union of Fascists, entitled "Hurrah for the Blackshirts".

Mail = c*nts.

That is all.

Fair play to Lineker for that. Steve Curry was on SSN this morning attempting to defend the paper's actions and instead just came across as a right tit.

1. How not having the World Cup in this country has seen property prices slump.

2. How a surge in optimism following the World Cup has seen property prices soar.

3. Or perhaps a reprise of their piece from 1934 in praise of Oswald Moseley's British Union of Fascists, entitled "Hurrah for the Blackshirts".

Mail = c*nts.

That is all.

Eh, that is not all. I read The Daily Mail on a regular basis and would ask you to lead me into the right direction for calling me a c*nt. I would love to read the piece on Oswald and his mates and see the HURRAH for myself before I except your copy of it. Point me in the right direction if you please or damn your glass covered eyes and pee in your pint, and maybe scuff a shoe with a grotty trainer.

Back