• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Worst place we have to go this season

Worst place we have to go this season - No Colchester for obvious reasons

• Bradford - I saw someone have a pony in the street

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Scunthorpe - Grim Northern hell hole

• Rotherham - 30 years behind the times

• Gillingham - Extention of Sangat Refugee Camp

• Doncaster - Possibly worst town in North (bar Hull)

• Hartlepool - So thick they hang monkeys for spying

• Blackpool - Tackiest place I have ever had misfortune of

• Oldham - Riots made place look better

• Tranmere - Horrible accents and fashions

• Swansea - Like a bad day in Bosnia.

• Total voters

DTS

The Business
My opinions of the towns obviously. Not very PC I know.

My worst is Bradford. Never seen anything like it. Boy of 10 having a pony in the road, Street after street of boarded uo houses. Horrible

Well nothing can compare to Grimsby last year, absolute hell-hole, worst day of my life
down.gif
sad.gif

Have to take issue with you over Swansea, the town really buzzes. Full of Pubs/Clubs and really good places to eat.

Also I lived in Hull for many years, and although the housing estates are grim, the town itself is also really lively.

Oldham would probably get my vote, cold, wet, Manchester & miserable.

I've gone for Gillingham, the town with the world record for most Pound shops on a high street.

I would also take issue with some of the places, I don't mind Doncaster at all, Swansea is fine (apart from where the Vetch was) and Hartlepool is actually quite nice, i suspect it made your list due to the length of journey for anyone living in Southend.

It surprised me how down in the mouth Gillingham was... it felt like a northern mining town that was on holiday in the south of England.

Donny - great race track.
Swansea - won't hear a bad thing about it, went on a stag-do there and had a bloody superb time.
Hartlepool - lovely little place, had a superb away day there a few years ago.
Blackpool - if that's grim, what does that make Southend?
Tranmere - the Wirral has some very posh bits and Liverpool is a great city, though Birkenhead is an absolute hole, I'll grant you.
Oldham - not ideal, but it is surrounded by some lovely moors.
Scunny... hmm.

So I'll go for Bradford - it's grim up north. Still, full of fit birds who crack on to lads, rather than the other way round. It's a Bradford tradition, supposedly.

smile.gif

Can I change my vote to Gillingham?

tounge.gif

Bradford was sh*t.

Scunny wasn't much better, but it had an entertaining tagline on the town sign...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Oct. 12 2005,19:09)]Still, full of fit birds who crack on to lads, rather than the other way round.  
Failing to see why this is a justification for not going there, unless of course you are still miffed that we won't be going to Brighton this season.
laugh.gif

Has to be Oldham. I believe it still has the reputation as the coldest ground in the football league, in more ways than one.

Don't say I didn't warn you about Gillingham. It was stuck in a time warp last time I went there and it sounds like nothing has changed.

Very close call between Doncaster, Oldham, and Rotherham. Oldham's ground gets it out of the running, Doncaster does at least have the racecourse and a few fields near the ground. Rotherham... I can't really find a redeeming feature.

For what it's worth I think Hartlepool is a fine little town, albeit a bit of a trek.

Well, admittedly, they have moved the new ground but in the context of the season so far, my guess would be Swansea.

Remember the Bury riots last year where about a million Swans invaded the pitch, Gueret gets arrested and the Bury locals board up the windows? Well, imagine what will happen when we go to Swansea, penultimate game of the season a point clear.

(Imagine going to the Vetch in the same situation!)

Swansea for me. The place had chavs before the term was invented, and got a caning from two of them about 18 years ago after a match, and they hadn't been to the game. Both had fistfuls of coinsto enable a harder punch and then kicked me on the ground - nice Welsh chaps. Ended up being stitched up in Morriston Hospital.

Like MtS always thought that Gillingham was a northern town transplanted into the south one night by aliens when no-one was looking. Apparently down the road in Chatham is the birthplace of the chav.

All - I don't like travelling out of Essex. I get very confused and disorientated.

wow.gif

i agree with the riots.. they did make the place look better
cool.gif

Back