• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Agent Lomas

Manager
I've seen all over the League 2 page on Facebook, away fans complaining that we have the worst stewards in the league. This baffles me, purely because they don't do too much in the away end, or anywhere else in the ground for that matter (mainly because we're all well behaved :smile:) Our stewards seem like a nice bunch...till it gets rowdy.

Worst stewards i've seen are at Northampton. Took my Blue Voice flag there a few years ago, and got told to take the flag off the pole as I wasn't allowed to take it in the ground, apparently for "safety reasons"...:stunned:

Halfway through the first half I saw a Cobblers fan with a flag. No Fair!!

I've seen all over the League 2 page on Facebook, away fans complaining that we have the worst stewards in the league. This baffles me, purely because they don't do too much in the away end, or anywhere else in the ground for that matter (mainly because we're all well behaved :smile:) Our stewards seem like a nice bunch...till it gets rowdy.

Worst stewards i've seen are at Northampton. Took my Blue Voice flag there a few years ago, and got told to take the flag off the pole as I wasn't allowed to take it in the ground, apparently for "safety reasons"...:stunned:

Perhaps he was about to surrender .

I am not sure our stewards are the worse but they certainly aren't good. They need to learn to communicate and try and be helpful rather than sullen and deaf mutes (some not all!). I regularly see away fans obviously unsure where to go and stewards pretending to be oblivious - what do they think their job is if not to help and establish an overall entertainment experience, with safety?
Daggers stewards are generally good, Huddersfield & Peterborough have been worse for my visit there a few years back (sit down, shove us all packed together stuff.)

Where are the stats to back this up?

Stockport were the ones who gave Apes grief, and then that had a knock on effect, as I recall. Even when I went the following year they were telling everyone to sit down and stuff. I can't believe ours are worse than that, although admittedly Stockport aren't around for others to compare them to these days.

Nah, Burton are worse! They strip search you if you look suspicious!
They take all your clothes off you? isn't that illegal both for you and them! Do they search your body cavities as well.
Am I right in suspecting that you look suspicious then? if so what was it? Burberry cap? hoodie? DMs and braces?

In my experience (it sticks in my mind because it's not what you expect) the friendliest stewards/turnstile operators etc are at Millwall. Every time I've been they always have a chat, say "how's it going", "enjoy the match" etc, guess they may be told to be like this to try and put the away fans in a friendly mood and reduce the likelihood of trouble!

Leeds were BAD as they come, especially the "muscle" by the away bar area waiting for people to step outside the designated drinking zone which is painted on the floor.:thumbdown:

In my experience (it sticks in my mind because it's not what you expect) the friendliest stewards/turnstile operators etc are at Millwall. Every time I've been they always have a chat, say "how's it going", "enjoy the match" etc, guess they may be told to be like this to try and put the away fans in a friendly mood and reduce the likelihood of trouble!

Leeds were BAD as they come, especially the "muscle" by the away bar area waiting for people to step outside the designated drinking zone which is painted on the floor.:thumbdown:
Found stewards at Leeds and Millwall to be very pleasant, mind you, I was with some Yorkshire people at the Leeds game I went to.

Back