• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Worst Striker

Worst Striker - 98 onwards

• Neil CAMPBELL

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Barry CONLON

• Alex BURNS

• David WHYTE

• Neville ROACH

• Tony RICHARDS

• Graeme JONES

• Mark SALTER

• Trevor FITZPATRICK

• Yemi ABIODUN

• Total voters
Theres a lot of tosh on there

I think you have to disguard both abiodun and salter as they both didnt play many games

Same with roach played under martin for a few games then disappeared under little

Has to be Jones by a mile he played a good season without doing anything

I dont think Fat Fitz was that bad really. Salter and Campbell both scored vs Orient scum and that makes them Demi Gods.

Jones was over weight,useless and didnt even try - hated him...

1. Can I vote for all of them, please?

2. Where's Barrington Belgrave?  He'd be on my list...

tounge.gif

(P.S. Much to Hooly's chagrin, I voted for Neil Campbell.... even more monstrously untalented than Jones, IMHO)

[b said:
Quote[/b] (statski77 @ Nov. 17 2005,08:57)]Has to be Jones by a mile he played a good season ........
If only!  
biggrin.gif
 Yea, I know that's out of context to what you really meant.  Now you can't seriously expect me to ignore this poll!  
rock.gif
?

Promised so much but delivered so little.  Oops sorry that should be "We were promised so much but he shot so little"  
biggrin.gif

Or who can forget the great departed footballing expert Scriv describing him as the best "holder up" of a ball in the league!  And telling us to watch his movement off the ball as we couldn't appreciate it as we'd not played to Scriv's high level.  Movement!  Hilarious had it not been so sad.  When PC Jervais teeth fell out he moved more & quicker in one half time than Jones did in 20 odd games.

You lot are just a bunch of gloryhunters jumping on my bandwagon.  Find your own crap player to hate he's mine.  
mad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hooly @ Nov. 17 2005,10:06)]You lot are just a bunch of gloryhunters jumping on my bandwagon.  Find your own crap player to hate he's mine.  
mad.gif
I haven't (precisely because I'm a seaoned Jones-watcher...)

tounge.gif

See my previous post...

biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Nov. 17 2005,10:13)]See my previous post...

biggrin.gif
Is that a swift use of the edit facility I see there or are my old eyes playing up.  
rock.gif

You are a gentleman MtS for choosing another halfwit to victimise!  
biggrin.gif

By '98 onwards i presume it will be ok to nominate the infamous Algernon w%&knightly . Played 92 games between 1906 and 1908, managing to score once in a preseason freindly against The Clapham Consumption Clinic Reserves (Known as The C C C siders) in the only game he managed to get his boots on the right feet.
Press cuttings of the time have him as being so lazy and mercenary even his bowels wouldn't move without being paid.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (glasgowsufc @ Nov. 17 2005,10:34)]Shame this poll isn't from 97 then we could have all voted for one-eye Boere!!!
*feels the blood rise in his throat and the hackles rise as well*

mad.gif
suspect.gif
ghostface.gif
mad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Firestorm @ Nov. 17 2005,10:51)]By '98 onwards i presume it will be ok to nominate the infamous Algernon w%&knightly . Played 92 games between 1906 and 1908, managing to score once in a preseason freindly against  The Clapham Consumption Clinic Reserves (Known as The C C C siders) in the only game he managed to get his boots on the right feet.
Press cuttings of the time have him as being so lazy and mercenary even his bowels wouldn't move without being paid.
I object to that.
biggrin.gif

I only remember salter and jones, as im only young
tounge.gif

salter could have been good im sure i thought, jones was abismal.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Nov. 17 2005,10:04)]1. Can I vote for all of them, please?

2. Where's Barrington Belgrave?  He'd be on my list...

tounge.gif

(P.S. Much to Hooly's chagrin, I voted for Neil Campbell.... even more monstrously untalented than Jones, IMHO)
Matt, players who win one of Golf's Majors are permanently exempt from qualifying for the event for life, however crap they then become.

Similarly Lord Campbell has permanent exemption from "Crap Striker" polls because he has scored winning goals against Leyton Orient - I believe in the False Dawn that was Alan Little's first match in charge. He gets additional exemption for never having conceded an own goal against the O's, which from recent results is even more creditable.

Back