• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Worst Striker

Worst Striker - 98 onwards

• Neil CAMPBELL

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Barry CONLON

• Alex BURNS

• David WHYTE

• Neville ROACH

• Tony RICHARDS

• Graeme JONES

• Mark SALTER

• Trevor FITZPATRICK

• Yemi ABIODUN

• Total voters
I liked Ben Abbey as it goes he was a good little player... what is he doing now besides playing beach football for england?

oh i voted for g.jones.

What a bad bad bunch of players to choose from, i cant believe how these people can call themsleves profesionals.

Tony Richards gets my vote with Neil Campbell coming a very close second to him.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (statski77 @ Nov. 17 2005,08:57)]Theres a lot of tosh on there

I think you have to disguard both abiodun and salter as they both didnt play many games

Same with roach played under martin for a few games then disappeared under little

Has to be Jones by a mile he played a good season without doing anything
Thats the first time I've seen Graeme Jones' time here described as a "good season".

The reason someone like Yemi Abiodun didn't play many games is that he was rubbish.

I voted for Yemi as there was no mention of Sada N'Daiye. Both far worse players than Jones or Richards. So much so that even some of our worst managers couldn't bring themselves to play them more than a few times each!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hong Kong Blue @ Nov. 17 2005,11:43)]The reason someone like Yemi Abiodun didn't play many games is that he was rubbish.
He got my vote. Very lucky to ever get near a professional football team that one.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hong Kong Blue @ Nov. 17 2005,11:43)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (statski77 @ Nov. 17 2005,08:57)]Theres a lot of tosh on there

I think you have to disguard both abiodun and salter as they both didnt play many games

Same with roach played under martin for a few games then disappeared under little

Has to be Jones by a mile he played a good season without doing anything
Thats the first time I've seen Graeme Jones' time here described as a "good season".

The reason someone like Yemi Abiodun didn't play many games is that he was rubbish.
yeah good shouldn't be associated with jones. should have made it clear and just said

either

he played way too much for everyones liking

or

he had a good season's playing minutes on the pitch

A classic Hall of Shame. Picked Yemi solely because he was the most obscure name on there (i.e. I remember least about him), therefore he must have been preposterously sh!te to not even get noticed above the other names on the list.

Who would you choose if you had no alternative but to pick a strike partnership from that lot??? I'd probably go for Conlon and Fitzpatrick.....makes you appreciate todays squad even more !!

It makes you appreciate what we have nowadays looking at those names. Nightmares will start flooding back to me tonight when I sleep!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimper Neil @ Nov. 17 2005,13:07)]Who would you choose if you had no alternative but to pick a strike partnership from that lot??? I'd probably go for Conlon and Fitzpatrick.....makes you appreciate todays squad even more !!
Conlon and Salter would be my pick.

Both needed a year or two to bulk up. Conlon went on to be a decent player for Darlington and I think Salter would have been prolific given a year or two of professional football.

How dare you select David Whyte - if it wasn't for me Chipmunk wouldn't have signed him in the 1st place!!!
tounge.gif
biggrin.gif

Back