• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Would you buy Byfield?

I would! (sign him that is) I was impressed with his pace and control and the way he held the ball up. I'd definitely have him next season, seeing as we'll be losing Goater and (hopefully) Gray.

On todays performance....no

Mind you I wouldnt have bought any of our players either (Maher aside of course)

i was wondering that....
he hasnt signed a new contract yet and i think that makes him out of contract in summer.....?

thought he play out of his skin today to impress us to get deal
or did he play under par as didnt want to score a hattrick and stop us from going up ;)

him and maher had a few tussles!

Yes.

I liked the look of him. Ten times the player Wayne is and would be a freebie. Snap him up. Goater is off, Gray possibly, so we need 2, possibly 3 strikers. I wouldn't mind him being one at all. Might not be first choice each week but he'd be useful, very useful to have in the squad.

I would.

Very impressed by him, he has pace and looked skilful, i also thought he won a fair few headers, and he seemed to have a bit of everything. Would happily see him and Freddy up front next season
smile.gif

I thought he was poor - no better than what we have, poor control and dispossesed too easily by our defenders. The one Gills player who I was impressed with was their Rastafarian centre half, (number 5).

I would although he weren't there best player on the pitch.

Jarvis and Black were both better than him today

PaTo

I definately sign him. I dindt even think he played that poor today. Thought he showed good touches and pace.

no he didnt impress me today thought he was a bit moody and wasnt it him who put the ball over the northbank into the car park from 10 yards out?

yes! i would definately sign him! i think he is a quality player who is of championship quality!

Yeah - didn't have the greatest game yesterday but I've seen him play before and was quality then.

I would.

I reckon he knows where his bread is buttered and didnt want to put us out of the promotion running
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Jam_Man @ April 15 2006,08:41)]I would.

I reckon he knows where his bread is buttered and didnt want to put us out of the promotion running
smile.gif
then why didn't he run half the length of the pitch and score a dramatic own goal to earn us a point ?
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Suffolk Shrimper @ April 14 2006,21:46)]not on strength of todays showing.

he looked as though he could do it, but wasn't really interested.

we've had enough of those types at The Hall in the past.
YES. (I'd buy him, that is - although it would be a free transfer wouldn't it, as he's out of contract.)

Back