• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

wwe royal rumble

steve flack is god

i was really looking forward to seeing the royal rumble tonite on sky sports when i noticed that sky have decided to show it on box office. i think paying £15 for a programme that lasts under 2 hours.
just for the record i think triple h will win the rumble, even though i hate to admit it.
down.gif

The Rumble has been on Box Office for at least three years. Ever since Channel Four pulled out of their contract to show it.

Its one of the few PPVs I don't object to paying for. Usually the best one of the year - even moreso than Wrestlemania. I've enjoyed the build-up this year and I'll be ordering it in a few minutes then setling down in front of the TV with a pizza and lots of beers. All of which I'll regret when I get up for work in the morning after three hours sleep.

Its been booked to make us think that Triple H will win. And he might. I wouldn't rule out Orton or Mysterio though, with Kane, Taker and possibly Chris Masters making up the final six.

Also, I've got a sneaky feeling that a certain 'Great One' might be making a return tonight. And that would be worth the 15 quid alone.

Also, its not "under two hours". It'll be around the 2hr 45 minute mark.

Shocker - Mysterio won it... good rumble, although the title matches were uninspiring.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (perth shrimper @ Jan. 30 2006,07:40)]Is this about wrestling?

What's the attraction? i don't geddit
Apparantley,and I can only hazard a guess........ the sight of men in tight pants grappling each others sweaty bodies and pulling them all over the place whilst re enacting various positions that wouldn't go amiss in the Kama Sutra?

Ho ho ho. Heard it all before, lads.

Anyway, decent PPV just ruined by the positioning of the Rumble match. I presume it was put in the middle of the card because of the way that last year's over-ran and also so they could endulge the re-re-re-re-re-return of the Undertaker at the end. The Rumble match itself was good and the right man won. Just a shame about the two title matches. Edge has been on fire in the three weeks he's had the WWE title and I don't see the logic in giving it back to Cena who is so far beyond stale its not funny. And Kurt Angle might be the man but even he couldn't drag anything watchable out of that useless lump Mark Henry.

hmmm, will have to try and hunt it down on bit torrent.

Watched that program/documentary about Jake the Snake on Sky Sports 3 yesterday. What a total mess that man is!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Beefy @ Jan. 30 2006,09:09)]Just a shame about the two title matches. Edge has been on fire in the three weeks he's had the WWE title and I don't see the logic in giving it back to Cena who is so far beyond stale its not funny. And Kurt Angle might be the man but even he couldn't drag anything watchable out of that useless lump Mark Henry.
Couldn't have summed the matches up better myself. Why they've given the title back to Cena is beyond me, most adult fans don't like him and he gets loads of boos, which for a babyface isn't good. They could at least have let Edge keep it for a couple of months as he was getting some good heat off the fans.

Angle deserves his title, but why they made him defend it against the most useless wrestler in the wwe is completely beyond me. Still, at least the match with Mysterio should be good at Wrestlemania!

is Angle still retiring soon?, I keep reading he's only one bad knock away from paralysis.

Apparently his neck is worse than ever at the moment but they aren't giving him an MRI so he doesn't have to deal with any bad news that might come from it.

Allegedly, his family life has fallen apart completely in the past year so now he's determined to wrestle until he physically can't do it anymore. Sadly I see him in a wheelchair within a few years.

Sadly i can't beleive people watch the wrestling. if you want to see bad acting watch something on Channel 5.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (southender @ Jan. 31 2006,09:21)]Sadly i can't beleive people watch the wrestling. if you want to see bad acting watch something on Channel 5.
Or you can watch some soaps on BBC1 or ITV.

It's no different to watching soap operas after all. I know loads of people who watch those. There's loads of worse stuff on TV anyway - I can't believe some people watch big brother and the X-Factor / Pop Idol rubbish that swamps the TV schedules these days, Now THAT'S rubbish.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Beefy @ Jan. 31 2006,09:04)]Allegedly, his family life has fallen apart completely in the past year so now he's determined to wrestle until he physically can't do it anymore. Sadly I see him in a wheelchair within a few years.
aye his career is running in a parralel to Dynamite Kid, minus the drugs and booze.

down.gif

Back