• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Mick

Life President
Tomorrow night the officials are largely as per the original appointments which means we have Andy Woolmer from Northampton. He is a very short referee with even shorter hair and, as shorter officials sometimes do, he has the capacity to be slightly officious. Okay, not slightly but very officious; picky and pedantic spring to mind too. He is in his 7th year as a League referee and pays his 8th visit to Roots Hall, the previous 7 producing three wins, two draws and two defeats. His most recent visit was back in October when we lost 0-2 to Crewe. He wasn't great; nor were we. Prior to that it was last season's 2-2 draw with Carlisle (all goals in the first half hour) when he harshly sent off Barrett. Previously it was the League Cup tie at home to Cheltenham when he booked 2 from each side. Before that it was the dead game at the end of the season against Port Vale a couple of years back and, in the same season, Millwall at home. I have no particular recollections of that game other than how bad Millwall were.

His first visit however is somewhat more memorable as it was the Boston match when he sent off Darryl and heralded the appearance of Tes the Cat (...... his name is Tes the Cat, he plays for Montserrat).

His 25 matches this season have produced 70 yellows and 3 reds, which is about average.

Assisting will be Paul Kelly from Gillingham and, the only change from the original line-up, Ryan Atkin from London who made his Football League debut at Roots Hall at the start of this season. Fourth official is Barry Holderness, who has recently moved to Billericay and comes straight from a good performance refereeing a last 16 match in the FA Vase on Saturday..

We could have no complaints about the red for Flavs against Boston, to be fair.

Did we win in the end ?? can't remeber too long ago but Flavs was our best keeper of recentish times

Tomorrow night the officials are largely as per the original appointments which means we have Andy Woolmer from Northampton. He is a very short referee with even shorter hair and, as shorter officials sometimes do, he has the capacity to be slightly officious. Okay, not slightly but very officious; picky and pedantic spring to mind too. He is in his 7th year as a League referee and pays his 8th visit to Roots Hall, the previous 7 producing three wins, two draws and two defeats. His most recent visit was back in October when we lost 0-2 to Crewe. He wasn't great; nor were we. Prior to that it was last season's 2-2 draw with Carlisle (all goals in the first half hour) when he harshly sent off Barrett. Previously it was the League Cup tie at home to Cheltenham when he booked 2 from each side. Before that it was the dead game at the end of the season against Port Vale a couple of years back and, in the same season, Millwall at home. I have no particular recollections of that game other than how bad Millwall were.

His first visit however is somewhat more memorable as it was the Boston match when he sent off Darryl and heralded the appearance of Tes the Cat (...... his name is Tes the Cat, he plays for Montserrat).

His 25 matches this season have produced 70 yellows and 3 reds, which is about average.

Assisting will be Paul Kelly from Gillingham and, the only change from the original line-up, Ryan Atkin from London who made his Football League debut at Roots Hall at the start of this season. Fourth official is Barry Holderness, who has recently moved to Billericay and comes straight from a good performance refereeing a last 16 match in the FA Vase on Saturday..

Museshrimper, my first negative reputation on a refwatch post - in fact my first one from anyone other than ESB. If you don't like them, please feel free not to read them.

As it happens, I thought he had a pretty good game yesterday. An the linesman in front of the West didn't miss anything all night...Well done the officials.

londonblue said:
As it happens, I thought he had a pretty good game yesterday. An the linesman in front of the West didn't miss anything all night...Well done the officials.
Yep, I'd go along with that. Thought both penalty decisions were correct, got everything else pretty much spot on, can't really have any complaints. Certainly one of the better refs we've seen this season.

Last edited:
i think our pen was a bit generous to be honest but then again we've had countless dodgy ones given against us so i'll take that just I would never let sturruck near a pen ever again!

i think our pen was a bit generous to be honest but then again we've had countless dodgy ones given against us so i'll take that just I would never let sturruck near a pen ever again!

I agree ....... on both counts.

Yes, that was certainly one of his better performances. Not wonderful, but better!

Back