• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

yeovil fans

patsy127

I'd just like to say how pleased I was with the yeovil fans , I think they were really well behaved, and very, very nice, for those loyal fans who stayed at the end to clap in the players and watch the awards, you would have seen the great reception that the Southend players recieved. They clapped the players as they went around the pitch. After the match we saw some Yeovil fans who wished us the best of luck next week and hoping we got promotion.

yeah totally agreed.. think they deserve a lot of credit

I second that. Yeovil's fans were a credit to their club and did indeed give our lads a very warm and generous reception as they did their lap of honour. I also chatted to several of their fans as I queued for my Grimsby ticket (oh God, not more torture!) and they were very humble in victory. Best of luck to them.

Yeovil fans were good. Even tried to cheer me up after the game. Didnt work though!
sad.gif

It seems as though most of them are down here fore the weekend now, with the majority staying at the Travel inn, next to Tescos.

Just a quick request Matty the Shrimper, in your signature could you please had that list going horizontal.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ April 30 2005,22:24)]It seems as though most of them are down here fore the weekend now, with the majority staying at the Travel inn, next to Tescos.
It seems we have a Yeovil fan stalker amongst us
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BoyWonder2 @ April 30 2005,22:27)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ April 30 2005,22:24)]It seems as though most of them are down here fore the weekend now, with the majority staying at the Travel inn, next to Tescos.
It seems we have a Yeovil fan stalker amongst us  
tounge.gif
As I walked to the ground there were a group of Yeovil fans in front of me who were talking about where they were all staying

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BoyWonder2 @ April 30 2005,22:34)]I'll let you off then.
Anyway, it's not as if I would go looking for trouble with Yeovil fans because they seemed like nice people, and more imporatantly I could face a 10 year ban from watching my beloved Southend!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ April 30 2005,22:37)]
[b said:
Anyway, it's not as if I would go looking for trouble with Yeovil fans because they seemed like nice people, and more imporatantly I could face a 10 year ban from watching my beloved Southend!
I wasn't suggesting that in anyway, shape or form.

The only thing I don't like about Yeovil is that they keep beating us. Was pleased to see they clapped our players at the end.

Also, the way they celebrated at the end you would have thought they have been promoted. Hope it does come back to bit them on the arse
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BoyWonder2 @ April 30 2005,22:41)]
[b said:
[b said:
I wasn't suggesting that in anyway, shape or form.

The only thing I don't like about Yeovil is that they keep beating us. Was pleased to see they clapped our players at the end.

Also, the way they celebrated at the end you would have thought they have been promoted. Hope it does come back to bit them on the arse  
tounge.gif
You're bang on there

they were ok except for the drunken Yeovil fans in the high street tonight giving it large "1-0 to the champions.....etc"

to be fair to the yeovil fan we would be doing the same if we had won today but we have to wait to next week for that

Thanks for your compliments. As I was sat right next to the Shrimpers fans I would return them - lots of friendly banter but no trouble, including before and afterwards. At least we won't miss the hassle we usually get from Br Rovers (for a few years at least) and I think most of us - maybe all of us - hope we will both be promoted. Let's hope noone else causes us so many problems, even the Forest!

Have just come on to say a big thank you from us all down here in Yeovil.

Southend was my favourite away day last season and you have that title again this year.

Not only the greatest footballing pub in the Spread Eagle, with a great bbq - the best burger I have ever tasted in the Bacon Cheese Burger!!

All fans that we met were cheerfull and happy to chat - a true friendly place that I hope to go to again next year when we both make it to League 1.

Also along with Scunthorpe the only real footballing side I have seen this season, good luck next week to you all.

Thank you all.

[b said:
[b said:
Thanks for the compliments; as I sat next to the divider between the two sets of fans I can only return them. Lots of good-natured banter but no trouble that I could see. And I must put in a good word for your stewards - they were nothing like as fussy as our own, and why we have to leave a complete section empty for a sell-out instead of just one line of seats (as you had) is beyond me. Let's hope we both go up and meet again next year - happily leaving Br Rovers behind.

Bring on the Forest - as I heard shouted several times!

(Oops, sorry! I didn't think I was registered for my previous attempt!)
cool.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ May 01 2005,10:25)]
[b said:
[b said:
Thanks for the compliments; as I sat next to the divider between the two sets of fans I can only return them. Lots of good-natured banter but no trouble that I could see. And I must put in a good word for your stewards - they were nothing like as fussy as our own, and why we have to leave a complete section empty for a sell-out instead of just one line of seats (as you had) is beyond me. Let's hope we both go up and meet again next year - happily leaving Br Rovers behind.

Bring on the Forest - as I heard shouted several times!
I was right next to the divider, and it was well managed, few people even shook hands across it. Good luck at Grimsby

Back