• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Yeovil Town 0-2 Southend United

It was certainly a hard watch. Watched most of the 1st half and very little of the 2nd half. If thats the quality of the football being served up im glad I'm not going whilst RM is there. Ill have a real decision to make if he ever does leave 😂

Not missed a game home and away until today. Couldn’t get any sort of feed out in Egypt so had to follow on twitter and of course we won! Bloody typical. Can’t comment on the game as no idea how it went. But a win is a win hopefully will give them confidence for the remainder of the season. Good to see Hyde and Murphy on the scoresheet but we must look to get better in for next season. Anyway let’s hope we get another three points friday and the on to Woking. We will be back for Daggers at home which may prove to be a crucial game. Well done again to the 246 that travelled, a great effort on a Saturday evening, long distance and fir a game on tv. We really do have the best fans around
Special mention to the BOT coach party whose coach broke down less than half an hour from Yeovil, a replacement had to be sent from Basildon, which arrived at midnight. M25 was shut then both ways, detoured through central London, home at 04:05 😩

Out of interest, what did the commentators say about the injury. Did they apportion any blame to Collin?

BBC Essex didn't, but if be interested to know what a truly neutral commentator had to say.

Out of interest, what did the commentators say about the injury. Did they apportion any blame to Collin?

BBC Essex didn't, but if be interested to know what a truly neutral commentator had to say.
It was so obvious ,an accident

Watched the match on tv the commentators apportioned no blame it was simply an accident which can happen in contact sports.

TV commentators said it was accident and basically said the Yeovil supporters booing Colin the rest of the match was poor behaviour from them.

I thought Colin did amazingly well yesterday to carry on after what happened to their player. He looked distraught and at his tender age you could have understood if it affected his game. It didn't though and he applied himself impeccably. Well done to the staff and players for consoling him and getting his head right. Brilliant all round.

On to the game and the selection. I thought it was quite telling that Maher opted not to select Bridge and Arnie after Kev's comments post Dorking. He spoke about players that want to be at the club. I'm not saying those players don't but it was rather bold to not select two of our best players. Fair play to Kev, very brave to do when we were on TV. I actually thought we looked more balanced defensively with the team fielded and that's what we needed to stop the rot. I actually thought Ralph had a good game at Dorking and he did in this one too.

Plenty has been said about Hyde and his injuries this season but one thing we can all agree on, he knows how to score goals. Let's not forget he should have an extra one after he had one wrongly ruled out against Wrexham too. Cards needs to play with a striker like that. Whether it's Hyde or Murphy, he needs a partner like that. Powell and Wreh can try all they want but they aren't on the level of Hyde and Murphy when they are fit. It's just that latter part, being fit.

I really hope Benton gets a run of games now and I hope he gets a good run out against Maidstone because he could flourish. His energy and his attitude of wanting the ball reminds me of Payne when he came through. He doesn't seem scared or phased which is the mentality you want.

I don't think Yeovil played any worse than Boreham Wood or Dorking and we lost those games. Just goes to show the small margins. Happy with the win and onto the next one. Let's see how far off we are come 5 o'clock Friday. UTB!

A gutsy win on the road for which does more damage to Yeovil than us. So for that hats off to all for a committed 100% effort. Proof that hard work brings its rewards. Played in surprising warm sunshine after a horrific journey in torrential rain and delays due to start of Easter break made it more worthwhile going. We was not fluid, left our creative players on the bench, rightly so and won with pure grit. Collin & Taylor had outstanding games. Hyde & Murphy showed their clinical finishing. Powell was a nuisance when he came on stretching the game and running their defence.

Collin 9 MOTM
Hobson 8
Kensdale 8
Lomas 8
Scott-Morris 7
Taylor 8.5
Miley 8
Benton 6.5
Ralph 7
Hyde 7.5
Cardwell 7

Powell 7
Fonguck 5.5
Murphy 7

Will watch the game again on TV for better view of key incidents, Fisher injury and sending off and best wishes for speedy recovery for Fisher. But had the feeling the football gods were smiling on us yesterday at long last. Love you Collin for standing strong amongst what you had to deal with yesterday. It will make you an even better keeper in the long run, you just cannot buy that kind of experience and rightly MOTM again. Close second was Harry Taylor who gave everything especially last fifteen minutes winning the ball back. He was out on his feet at the end. Great effort by all and onto what should be a more comfortable home game against a relegated Maidstone UTB

Last edited:
SOUTHEND United boss Kevin Maher praised the performance and character of Collin Andeng Ndi following Saturday’s 2-0 win at Yeovil Town.

The 19-year-old shot-stopper made two fine saves to secure a clean sheet for the Shrimpers.

And Andeng Ndi also have to deal with an extremely difficult situation when his collision with Glovers substitute Alex Fisher resulted in an horrific looking injury for the striker.

Andeng Ndi was consoled by his team-mates and Blues’ coaching staff while Fisher received treatment for more than five minutes on the pitch before being stretchered off.

But the youngster’s all-round display fully warranted his selection in the starting line-up.

“I had a bit of a decision to make on whether I put Arnie (Steve Arnold) back in with his experience but I thought Collin did ever so well the other night,” said Maher.

“Arnie was still towards the end of a bug as well so we went with Collin.

“He made a save early on and made an unbelievable save in the second half as well.”

And Maher was also impressed with Andeng Ndi’s composure after clearly being affected by Fisher’s injury.

“There was the incident which we’re bitterly disappointed about and he’s very upset about but it was really unfortunate,” said Maher.

“Fingers crossed it’s as good as it possibly can be and our thoughts go to him.

“Collin had to deal with that and the crowd getting on him a bit as well but to show the composure he did was incredible for a young man.”

Let's assume BT Sport are neutral, and they didn't apportion any blame to our man. Nor did any Yeovil player. In fact, their keeper put a consoling arm around him.

What really disappointed me with the Yeovil fans reaction, was if there was a case of role reversal and Fisher had badly injured Colin, under the same circumstances, fair challenge for a contested ball with our keeper and Colin picked up a bad injury forcing him off with a long lay off, they, along with every other set of fans across the country would applaud the injured keeper being stretchered off.

I really don't get, and I have had the benefit of watching the challenge a number of times before posting this, how so many thought it was a deliberate foul and were outrageous in voicing their anger towards Colin for the rest of the match.

I know we all get emotional in close challenges when our players come out worse, myself included, but after about a minute or so, a lot of people, again myself included, say to whoever you are at a game with, something along the lines of "actually that was a good challenge." on reflection of the event. An excellent example of that came later in the game , when Fecklington got sent off. I was really happy to see the free kick awarded in a dangerous position, but never thought it was a yellow card challenge, along with many on here.

The above treatment of Colin for me is what made his performance in the last 30 mins even more special and one that will hopefully prove we have a real talent on our hands, not just with ability, but also character.

Long may we see him representing our club!

Out of interest , it seems to me reading all the threads that if theres one player in this club that will be worth a lot of money in 2 or 3 seasons time it will be Colin, A good GK is worth his weight in gold. as is a good striker , hopefully apart from Colin Sandat or Fiddes , Coker can be that other one to step up and show the world , as did SVC

Special mention to the BOT coach party whose coach broke down less than half an hour from Yeovil, a replacement had to be sent from Basildon, which arrived at midnight. M25 was shut then both ways, detoured through central London, home at 04:05 😩
Yes saw that on twitter, of course it had to happen on such a long away day. At least it was after win I suppose

Let's assume BT Sport are neutral, and they didn't apportion any blame to our man. Nor did any Yeovil player. In fact, their keeper put a consoling arm around him.
Yes, I noticed that, it was decent of him. Surprised not to have seen any updates from Yeovil today, looked a pretty bad open fracture.

Re that awful injury for which no one was to blame, can't help comparing that incident to several in the Newcastle-Man U game currently on the telly where the overpaid premier league prima donnas like Antony and Fernandes roll around in feigned agony and a minute later are running around as good as new. Premier League football has become more theatre than sport.

I changed over to the BBC Somerset commentary to check what they said. They said it was clearly an accident, Collin had every right to come for the ball and they were also very supportive of Collin later when some of the wurzel fans abused him. They said he clearly wasn't at fault, he was clearly distressed and only 19 years old.

Re that awful injury for which no one was to blame, can't help comparing that incident to several in the Newcastle-Man U game currently on the telly where the overpaid premier league prima donnas like Antony and Fernandes roll around in feigned agony and a minute later are running around as good as new. Premier League football has become more theatre than sport.
It so is. Premier League players are just awful and it rubs off down the pyramid. I thought England's antics in the 2nd half against Italy was embarrassing

Back