• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Yeovil Town 2-0 Southend United F.A Cup

Cricko

Zone Owner⭐⭐
Staff member
Well our dizzy heights in the FA cup end again in the qualifying round. We did not play that badly but just could not finnish and seemed to lack any cutting edge. Of course our threadbare squad with so many missing today did not help and TBH i did not expect us to win today.

We will just have to get promoted now. Let's hope the take over goes as planned and we can get the embargo lifted and add a few players to the squad.

Well done to the 301 travelling Blues faithful.

Over to you.

Last edited:
Was worrying to see the outstretched hands of players more than once asking for an option.
We had the ball an awful lot, but thought the movement off it was in short supply.
The ref was the usual pants at this level, for them and for us.

Today was all about getting a team out. I’ve seen some criticism for missed chances, players not being “at it” etc but this was away to a team who are having a good season with a full strength squad. In the grand scheme of things I don’t think we can pick the performance apart too much. We weren’t ever having a cup run were we …. would’ve been more surprised if we’d pulled a win out of the bag. Kev and the players get NO judgment from me.

We go again in the league next Sat.

The nightmare of this embargo is really hitting hard. I thought Kimura spent £300k plus on DD and that info was shared? If that was so does it then need another month of DD? Either it wasn’t shared or hopefully it was and the takeover can complete quicker.

It’s killing the players. Playing when they should be rested, with niggles, coming back to soon and so on. NL don’t give a toss so let’s hope we fix it ourselves asap…

We played ok but looked tired- just weren’t sharp it seemed to me, not working at pace.

given the **** sandwich Ron bloody Martin has served us that result was hardly surprising. We had 11 first team players today, about 10 passably fit by the sounds of it. hope no serious injuries and we carry on doing our best in impossible circumstances

This is the way I see it. Our players were woefully short in numbers and fit players. They actually deserved a draw in my opinion. 2 chances for Yeovil, 2 goals. It's not the end of the world because we don't have the numbers to play cup games as well as the League this season. It also now wipes the slate clean under Ron's tenure, as this will be his last F.A. Cup game. So going forward, next year in the F.A. Cup our new owners will have well and truly settled in. We would expect us to have a much bigger and hopefully better squad. Next season we can really give the F.A. Cup a real go, and hopefully go far enough to get a big club in a later round, hopefully at Roots Hall.

Was a hundred percent defeat before a ball was kicked, top of the table team with no Embargo v a team with players missing and under the longest Embargo in world football history.

I'm getting very fed up of the NFL, the rules are so punitive and should be for no longer than a year or the ability to at least have a squad of 18. The sanctions should be on Ron preventing him see his hair dresser or something not the club

Another sickening early exit from the Cup but at least this is explainable due to the squad situation. Let's hope this nightmare is soon over and with a larger squad, we can make a surge towards the play-offs

I think the fact that Ron didnt make sure that the embargo was lifted told us everything we ever needed to know. JR and the consortium would be mad to put in any more funds until the deal goes through, but this is painful for everyone. I hope (and pretty much expect) that when it does go through the first priority will be a couple of reinforcements in the door.

Its Kev, the baclroom staff, the players and us who are suffering, and the fact that Kev was even able to field a team was miraculous under the circumstances. Despite the result, 10/10 for all concerned as this was never going to be an easy game and in some respects, much as a cup run would be good, we really need to concentrate on the league this year.

I can't be bothered to talk about the negatives, they'll be well covered.

Instead, it was good to see Wes looking sharp again. He looked classy today I thought. McDonald looked like a really good prospect. Shout out to the travelling contingent too. I stand by what I said at half time, I still enjoyed watching us play despite the loss and we never gave up.

Maybe a cup run is not what we need right now. Extra games, the potential for replays and the chance of more injuries etc.

Let's get this takeover done and the embargo lifted. That's the main priority.

Just driving off. That was awful. The goal conceded at the start, absolute wet bag stuff no way should they be getting a shot off, pathetic defending.
No atmosphere, spent all afternoon watching the ball go left/right across the pitch.
Yeovil were rubbish. We were worse.
Wish i'd gone fishing
I hate Yeovil Town
Yeovil is a nice club, have been there several times, and they have proved to be a banana skin for many clubs from higher divisions over the years. Good luck to them.
Much said on here about our missing midfield - Cav injured, Hussin away and Mooney quickly injured too - but we still dominated midfield because Yeovil ceded it to us. They sat deep, defended well. We were too slow, and it was one of those days when we wouldn’t score in a month of Sundays. Cards didn’t get a sniff until injury time, and from what I saw on the telly, was playing up front on his own.
No way should we have to bring on a 16 year old, but MacDonald played very well when he came on.

When our ball came out of the hat as the away team at Yeovil was I the only one who felt the familiar hand of defeat on the shoulder? I bet not. And the fear grew more intense with the team announced today containing no Cav, in addition to the missing Noor and Kanu made unavailable. The defeat was not unexpected but still hurts, and we must wait another 12 months to enter the Cup again. Unless, of course, we are promoted via the play offs and go into the hat later, as an EFL team. Now there's a thought to brighten the gloom!
Please let the takeover go through on course. We desperately need the reinforcements on the pitch.

Back