• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread York City v Southend United, Saturday 16th September, 15:00ko, NL

Starting XI and result

• Collin Andeng-Ndi

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • Gus Scott-Morriss

• Harry Taylor

• Ollie Kensdale

• Nathan Ralph

Votes: 35 70.0%
  • Jack Bridge

• Cav Miley

• Noor Husin

Votes: 39 78.0%
  • Wes Fonguck

Votes: 33 66.0%
  • Callum Powell

Votes: 22 44.0%
  • Harry Cardwell

Votes: 40 80.0%
  • Dan Mooney

Votes: 19 38.0%
  • Jason Demetriou

Votes: 6 12.0%
  • Jack Wood

Votes: 7 14.0%
  • Oli Coker

Votes: 4 8.0%
  • ….

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • …:

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ….

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Win

Votes: 29 58.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 7 14.0%
  • Lose

Votes: 8 16.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys hope you enjoy your visit to Yorkshire.
But not too much...

It is one of those things. If we had started off well, then i wouldn't really matter about the result, but alas no.

I am full of admiration for your team. The way your manager and players have reacted. And continue to.

We are in a mess as a team. But Ardley will sort us out.

I expect a good game tomorrow. But we are a work in progress.

Basically our previous 'manager' Mikey Morton, well, just wasn't a manager.
We stayed up last season, probably in spite of him. Everyone pitching in. He knew and even said himself he wasn't a manager. He was a coach (previously coaching youth teams at Leeds and Man City).
Last season was a dogs dinner of a season. On and off the pitch.

The Ugglas took over late in the off season, they were going to bring in their own manager, but were talked around by Morton.
Whether he saw a chance to build something, who knows?
We've a massive squad - because the owners wanted a development squad. The polar opposite of the situation you are in.

Playing decent footy in the preseason friendlies, Morton seemed to completely lose it come the start of the season.
Playing 5-3-2 which we only played for maybe 1 half of a preseason game.
Playing players out of position. Just having no idea of what he was doing. His post match interviews were just gobbledeegook.

There were signs of improvement last week, but Ardley had only seen the players for 2 days.

There are untold pubs in the City Centre.
You are hard pushed to find a poor one.

If you are staying for a bit there is lots to do:

York Minster
Museum Gardens
City Walls
Jorvik Viking Centre
Cliffords Tower
National Railway Museum (it is massive)
Ghost Walks

and more.

Leave plenty of time to get to the ground, whether you are taking a bus or a taxi.

If you are driving, you can park near the ground. But only for 2 hours.

However, my suggestion is park near Marks and Spencers, pop into MnS, buy £5 worth of food / drink and take your receipt and get it validated by a car parking attendant.
You can then park there for 6 hours.

Sadly around the ground there isn't much drinking wise. A sports bar will hopefully come to fruition at some point.

Hollywood Bowl at the back of the cinema.
Puttstars upstairs.

There is also a Brazilian joint, Estabulo opposite to Marks and Spencers.

I will aim to have a beer there outside after the game. So if any of you guys / girls wish to, message on here and I will meet you for a beer there.

You are a good team and we will probably not have enough for you tomorrow.

I wish it were happier times and we were both fighting it out at the top of the table.

I, along with a lot of York fans wish your club and supporters all the best.

I hope you survive.

Guys hope you enjoy your visit to Yorkshire.
But not too much...

It is one of those things. If we had started off well, then i wouldn't really matter about the result, but alas no.

I am full of admiration for your team. The way your manager and players have reacted. And continue to.

We are in a mess as a team. But Ardley will sort us out.

I expect a good game tomorrow. But we are a work in progress.

Basically our previous 'manager' Mikey Morton, well, just wasn't a manager.
We stayed up last season, probably in spite of him. Everyone pitching in. He knew and even said himself he wasn't a manager. He was a coach (previously coaching youth teams at Leeds and Man City).
Last season was a dogs dinner of a season. On and off the pitch.

The Ugglas took over late in the off season, they were going to bring in their own manager, but were talked around by Morton.
Whether he saw a chance to build something, who knows?
We've a massive squad - because the owners wanted a development squad. The polar opposite of the situation you are in.

Playing decent footy in the preseason friendlies, Morton seemed to completely lose it come the start of the season.
Playing 5-3-2 which we only played for maybe 1 half of a preseason game.
Playing players out of position. Just having no idea of what he was doing. His post match interviews were just gobbledeegook.

There were signs of improvement last week, but Ardley had only seen the players for 2 days.

There are untold pubs in the City Centre.
You are hard pushed to find a poor one.

If you are staying for a bit there is lots to do:

York Minster
Museum Gardens
City Walls
Jorvik Viking Centre
Cliffords Tower
National Railway Museum (it is massive)
Ghost Walks

and more.

Leave plenty of time to get to the ground, whether you are taking a bus or a taxi.

If you are driving, you can park near the ground. But only for 2 hours.

However, my suggestion is park near Marks and Spencers, pop into MnS, buy £5 worth of food / drink and take your receipt and get it validated by a car parking attendant.
You can then park there for 6 hours.

Sadly around the ground there isn't much drinking wise. A sports bar will hopefully come to fruition at some point.

Hollywood Bowl at the back of the cinema.
Puttstars upstairs.

There is also a Brazilian joint, Estabulo opposite to Marks and Spencers.

I will aim to have a beer there outside after the game. So if any of you guys / girls wish to, message on here and I will meet you for a beer there.

You are a good team and we will probably not have enough for you tomorrow.

I wish it were happier times and we were both fighting it out at the top of the table.

I, along with a lot of York fans wish your club and supporters all the best.

I hope you survive.
Thanks mate. I’ve booked parking via your website. Assume it’s the Monks Cross car park, so near the ground? Does that sound right as not clear on my ticket

Thanks mate. I’ve booked parking via your website. Assume it’s the Monks Cross car park, so near the ground? Does that sound right as not clear on my ticket
Yes. Very near the ground.

Unless there is a specific away fans parking, then I think you will park at the Park and Ride Car Park.

Right in front of that car park is the Cinema and Hollywood Bowl Car Park.

Safe journey.

Yes. Very near the ground.

Unless there is a specific away fans parking, then I think you will park at the Park and Ride Car Park.

Right in front of that car park is the Cinema and Hollywood Bowl Car Park.

Safe journey.
Thanks mate. Assume it must be as booked through your website and it said match days there is allocated parking for football. Only one way to find out

Thanks mate. Assume it must be as booked through your website and it said match days there is allocated parking for football. Only one way to find out
Yes... it is that:

"A dedicated area within the Monks Cross P&R site has 400 spaces for match day users. Tickets need to be purchased in advance from the club’s ticketing website. A steward then scans your ticket in the car park."

Agree with everything RomanRed has posted. Really hope you Shrimpers have a great weekend in our fair city and enjoy the football too. You will probably have too much for us on the pitch due to being a well drilled and cohesive unit. We will be fine over the course of the season; unlikely to trouble the playoffs but with Ardley in charge, enough to stay clear of a relegation battle. I really hope the ref doesn’t ruin the day for us all which is a distinct possibility looking at his record!! Safe journey to you all.

I hope everyone going today has a good time, before, during and after. It's very hard to post anything overly enthusiastic about our Club at the moment whilst Rat is still trying to strangle us, but watching Southend players give their all takes your mind off the other stuff for 90 minutes. Let's hope that we take those chances this afternoon and stash another 3 points in the locker as they will be needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back