• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

You have a time machine.....

Tough choice between Man Utd and the 2015 play-off final but I think I'd go for Man Utd. Promotions can come around fairly often but beating a Manchester United side containing two of the greatest players in the world at the time and one of the greatest managers of all time is a one-off. And as I was only 17, I'd like to experience it again to appreciate it properly.

Man Utd game. I was stuck in Portugal on holiday so missed it. Absolutely gutted. Have never watched it (obvious know the result) but didn't want to see what I missed out on. In my head it was heading for a boring 0-0 (similar to watching paint dry) and Eastwood scored from a lucky free kick. Anything different and i'd be even more annoyed I missed it.

I'd go for the Norwich game at home during our Championship season. A great late comeback to snatch a 3-3 draw. Probably still my most entertaining match at the Hall.

That game and the Southampton game at home that season we're both really good games of football. Bale was exceptional for saints.

Watched the Norwich game in the blues next to rickets and sodje. I remember asking ricketts when he was going to play. He was eating a burger at the time lol

It's a really tough one.

I think I'll pick my first ever game.

Southend v luton. Collymores last game and nerve racking day to secure safety. Pitch invasion from the North Bank.

Such excitement that I assumed would be the norm. Unfortunately the next few years would prove massively painful.

Dont really remember too much about it but know that I enjoyed it so much I was then hooked.

Last game of the season 80/81. Going up champions, the north bank going mental and celebrating with bottles of Pomaign from the old offie opposite Hamlet Court Road.

Great night.

Probably all of the above so will add a rare one.
Winning 5-3 away at champions Burnley on a Tuesday night in April 1982. 2-2 at half-time having just had Cusack (I believe) sent off, yet with 10 men in the 2nd half still turning on the style (with a little luck along the way) towards a famous victory.

Agree with a lot of the aforementioned, I will add Southampton away in the championship, when we were already relegated.
We lost 4-1 I think with Sir Adam Barrett getting a rare goal I think.
It wasn't for the game it was 2000 odd shrimpers singing all the way through, even when they were scoring we didn't stop.......sometimes it's not all about winning.

Very proud to be a shrimper that day, wonder if we'll ever see the like again?

Back