• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

You won"t better Flavs

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ April 26 2004,10:50)]And whomever suggested that Woodman was no good for us clearly saw different games to me; other than being a tad chunky, Woody's a superior goalie than Flavs.

Matt
That said I've noticed Darryl seems to be looking somewhat porky these days

I recognise Flav's limitations... and yes... it costs us all too frequently (and strnegth in the air is something very important in division 3)... but I also recognise Flav's abilities as well.

I think we should definately strive for better and we lack ambition to denty such an attempt in whatever position of the park we're talking about.

I think Flav's should be given another season, but with a 'keeper who's not there as a safety net should he get injured... but to really challenge him and make him our no. 2.

Collis looked the better keeper on sat,and he's only second choice at Yeovil.

I know everyone's slating the match-day programme at the moment, but can someone try and dig out the latest statistics on how we concede goals.

My own impression is that we concede far too many goals inside our 6 yard box and far too many from set-pieces.
If both stats are true (and not just a figment of my imagination) it would rather suggest that our goalkeeper isn't quite up to the job.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (wiggy @ April 26 2004,10:29)]O.K he"s not the greatest in the air but if Flavs gets released we have got to get someone in that is dominant in this department and also matches up to Flahavons bravery, distribution and shot stopping. Not very easy, as the tall merchants are not generally as good on the ground. I suggest that before we end up with someone worse the critics should think about the situation and realise that someone like Nicalou is likely to give away far more goals than Flavs,playing at left back. If the complete keeper was out there then he certainly wouldn"t be coming to Roots Hall so lets be thankfull for what we"ve got between the sticks!
I agree totally with Wiggy and what he said about Flavs. We musn't forget that we can't afford to pay players a lot of money. Flettis is probably on a minimum of £2,500 if not more.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ April 26 2004,16:13)]I agree totally with Wiggy and what he said about Flavs. We musn't forget that we can't afford to pay players a lot of money. Flettis is probably on a minimum of £2,500 if not more.
How much would you say we paid Flahavan to come back after we released him though?

Err...both of our Keepers are better than Flahaven. You saw our reserve keeper on Saturday and our No. 1 is called Chris Weale - and he was elected into the Division 3 team of the season.

Our No. 2 (Steve Collis) is an outstanding prospect and when Weale inevitably leaves, Collis will be an exceptional first choice.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufcintheprem @ April 26 2004,16:19)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ April 26 2004,16:13)]I agree totally with Wiggy and what he said about Flavs. We musn't forget that we can't afford to pay players a lot of money. Flettis is probably on a minimum of £2,500 if not more.
How much would you say we paid Flahavan to come back after we released him though?
Less than he was on the season before. No club came in for him at all.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ April 26 2004,10:59)]Boaz Myhill, Alan Fettis, Matt Glennon's done well recently for Carlisle, Andy Warrington, Alan Marriott's a good shot-stopper and well over 6 foot...
Yes but they're not going to join us!!!!!!

What Flavs lacks in height he makes up for in bravery and agility. He's still a great keeper and we should definitely keep him. He cant help it if he's short can he? Yes there are better keepers in this division (Hull's one was superb, cant comment on the Yeovil one as he had f*ck all to do) but we haven't got them-face it!

However, I do agree with the opinion that we need another no.2. Robinson isn't enough competition for Flavs, we need another Gay, someone to keep him on his toes(although Flavs rarely gets injured so they'd find it hard getting into the team). Maybe the rumours about Lee Harrison are true
rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TheLittleGazette @ April 26 2004,11:08)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ April 26 2004,10:50)]And whomever suggested that Woodman was no good for us clearly saw different games to me; other than being a tad chunky, Woody's a superior goalie than Flavs.

Matt
That said I've noticed Darryl seems to be looking somewhat porky these days
Woodman a superior goalie? This must be some kind of wind up!

Have you watched Woody in the last couple of seasons since he left us? The guy can hardly even kick now! I wouldn't have him as my SECOND choice anymore, he is the calamity James of the 3rd division from a lot of the goals I have seen this season!

Einstein

P.s. Before anyone adds, I'm talking about Woody now, not the Woody when he played for us.

Flavs distribution is some of the worst i have seen. How many times do we have the chance to break and rather than throw the ball out quickly and catch the opposition out, he stands there has a cup of tea and then kicks the ball which comes straight back at us. Atleast 10 times against yeovil!! What is the point of having attack minded defenders ie jupp and nicolau if your not going to use them. Sorry but flavs should be second choice and thats being generous. I think we will definately see a certain mr royce should tilly get the job.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimpboy @ April 26 2004,21:10)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ April 26 2004,10:59)]Boaz Myhill, Alan Fettis, Matt Glennon's done well recently for Carlisle, Andy Warrington, Alan Marriott's a good shot-stopper and well over 6 foot...
Yes but they're not going to join us!!!!!!

What Flavs lacks in height he makes up for in bravery and agility. He's still a great keeper and we should definitely keep him. He cant help it if he's short can he?  
rock.gif
No... of course he can't help being short. If, however, that prevents him from being good enough then, sorry Flavs, off you go.

I don't dislike Flavs, and I can think of others players that would be out of the door before him, but the fact remains that we will not get out of this league unless we aim our sights a lot higher (no pun intended  
wink.gif
).

Back