• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Your football manifesto

Well you already have the half way line as an offside barrier. Do you want to get rid of that as well? Teams don't leave 3 or 4 players there and hoof it. If that line was nearer the goal the play would become more open.
I find it annoying that a team can score in the 89th minute, celebrate for 3 minutes and find the ref adds on 4 minutes stoppage time. Another alternative would be to play 60 minutes - ball in play, which would involve an independent time keeper.

Some do....

The only reason all players come back to the half way line is because they have to, they wouldnt if they werent offside.

Having the halfway line as a barrier at least condenses the play and makes passing and movement important, having too much space takes a lot away out of the game.

Well you already have the half way line as an offside barrier. Do you want to get rid of that as well? Teams don't leave 3 or 4 players there and hoof it. If that line was nearer the goal the play would become more open.

Half way line is fine as you can't "goal hang" around the half way line and can do on the edge of the penalty area. It might become more open, but then you take away some of the skill involved in the quick passing and movement along with the close dribbling skills.

I find it annoying that a team can score in the 89th minute, celebrate for 3 minutes and find the ref adds on 4 minutes stoppage time. Another alternative would be to play 60 minutes - ball in play, which would involve an independent time keeper.

I don't know how they calculate adding time, whether is it a set amount of time per event (i.e. add 20 seconds for each sub and 40 seconds for each goal) or if the ref adds on whatever time is wasted. I reckon Mick will know though.

An independent time keeper would be a good idea, so as soon as the ball goes out the clock stops until it enters the field of play again.

1. People to stop changing a game that has been fine for over a hundred years...my game...the peoples game....its simple the refs decision is final.

2. Heavily discounted ticket prices for unemployed people
3. Regionalised lower league football to help reduce cost and improve attendances.
4. Free level 1 coaching training across the country followed by subsidised development of those coaches. ...get the yoofs right
How regional do you want it? Look at the problems with the Conference North & South with teams in the South having to play in the North section to make up the numbers. The teams in the Midlands could end up in the Northern League one season then the Southern League the next season. Split the country in quarters and you could end up playing the same teams for years one end a bit like when we were in Div 3 South.

How regional do you want it? Look at the problems with the Conference North & South with teams in the South having to play in the North section to make up the numbers. The teams in the Midlands could end up in the Northern League one season then the Southern League the next season. Split the country in quarters and you could end up playing the same teams for years one end a bit like when we were in Div 3 South.

It may not be perfect but look at the likes of accrington and morcambe trekking down here bringing 100 or so supporters whereas you could improve away attendences by 3 or 4 hundred percent. ...although as you say wheres the line.....cleverer people rhan me may have an answer.

All away games to be shown live on a big screen at the away team's home ground!

Teams obliged to keep their kits for two seasons.

'Away' kits only to be worn when there is a colour clash.

Only national champions or the holders to play in the European Cup/Champions League

Bring back the Cup Winners Cup

Make the UEFA Cup a proper unseeded knockout competition

yes,agree.alsobring back terracing,try and get-give the fans our game back(more say),would like to see, try again,the rugby rule,move the ball 10 yards foreward,when they moan at the ref...

One team from each country into the Champions League

Reduce the game to 70 minutes but with the clock stopping whenever the ball is out of play. The game then finishes either on the dot of 70 minutes or the next time the ball goes out of play (not made my mind up yet).

Retrospective reviews of all matches to give out yellow and red cards where they were missed on the day.

Complete overhaul of how refereeing works in the Professional Leagues. Move as much as possible away from the pitch and towards a studio where a team of officials can utilise as much technology as is at their disposal to get more decisions correct.

Mandatory 'fair pricing' approach to ticketing with clubs obliged to offer tickets for U16s at no more than £5 in the Football League and £10 in the Premier League.

Introduce safe standing areas where clubs want this.

Automoatic two division relegation for any club who go into Administration to be implemented at the start of the following season.

Wage cap as some PL contracts are now obscene so pricing the average working man out of the game.

Supply and demand price the average working man out of the game. Nothing to do with wages.

As Oscar Wilde said "“We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars."

(P.S. Got my Fulham ticket this am -no problems)! :tease:

That's great news.

Anyway, this thread is about broader ways to improve football rather than one person's quest for Southend to allow ticket bookings ten weeks in advance.

Rust Cohle: People out here, it's like they don't even know the outside world exists. Might as well be living on the ****ing Moon.
Marty Hart: There's all kinds of ghettos in the world.
Rust Cohle: It's all one ghetto man, giant gutter in outer space.

One team from each country into the Champions League

I'd make it 2 for League and Cup winners, but I get what you mean as it is just making a new "trophy" for getting 4th place.

I'd like to see a repository of the most important games (both per club and per nation) stored somewhere digitally available on demand.

I'd like to see a VR experience of both a fan and a player - to sample the atmosphere without being there. (How cool would it be to take the place of Brett Angell v West Ham as Stan passes it sideways... or delivering the freekick v Man U? Or doing a Jupp run at Cardiff? Or, as a fan, being at Bury, or watching us win 10-1 v Aldershot)

I'd also like to see programmes made virtual or turned into an app. It's a waste of paper and ink in this day and age.

I'd also like the ability, to print any replica top I want. With 3D printing this could be soon.

Also, I want sticker books to be hyper realistic, like the chess scene in Star Wars, where the team can interact like small players - playing 5 a side or something.

What else? I want clubs to integrate a sustainability agenda into their corporate policy, and I want all stewards to be CRB checked if not already.

I want creches at every stadium to attract more families

I want policing to be minimised by taking into account proper intelligence, kick off times closer to noon, the time of year, and availability of police. Obviously this means the FA actually being clever...

I want proper catering - there must be a decent franchise that can do this at most clubs.

So yes I want the world.

Back