• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Your help required - which retro shirt(s) to make available next?

Thanks all for input so far.

Taking in to account views on other social media sites it seems that the early 70's Chelsea top, the Hi Tec shirt, the 69/70 WBA top and the Progressive one are front-runners for our next retro shirts, with maybe a surprise interest in that (I think) lurid red & yellow 1910 number. Might struggle to find someone ancient enough to be a1910 SUEPA model but suggestions welcome
Get @Cricko to stand in...

Getting close to making a decision on the next shirts. There were two Hi Tec ones, 90/91 (which of course we won promotion in) and 91/2 (first season in Championship). They were very similar but had different manufacturers and the 90/91 one had buttons on the collar. Which one do you think is the best (I am seeking views from others) or don't you have any preference. Thanks

Hi-tec 91-92

Getting close to making a decision on the next shirts. There were two Hi Tec ones, 90/91 (which of course we won promotion in) and 91/2 (first season in Championship). They were very similar but had different manufacturers and the 90/91 one had buttons on the collar. Which one do you think is the best (I am seeking views from others) or don't you have any preference (I know you have stated 91-2 but just want to check). Thanks

I’d love to see the hi-Tec one. Amazing how each of those shirts bring back different feelings and memories!! Brilliant
Getting close to making a decision on the next shirts. There were two Hi Tec ones, 90/91 (which of course we won promotion in) and 91/2 (first season in Championship). They were very similar but had different manufacturers and the 90/91 one had buttons on the collar. Which one do you think is the best (I am seeking views from others) or don't you have any preference. Thanks

The progressive printing one, I'd even get Maher 8 on the back
Getting close to making a decision on the next shirts. There were two Progressive ones (we seemed to have equally poor seasons in both!), the 98/99 one (blue and black) and the 99/00 one (blue and white) Which one do you think is the best (I am seeking views from others) or don't you have any preference? I think the 98/99 one looks best but I'll go with the majority. Thanks

Would have thought the Progressive is a good shout.
Getting close to making a decision on the next shirts. There were two Progressive ones (we seemed to have equally poor seasons in both!), the 98/99 one (blue and black) and the 99/00 one (blue and white) Which one do you think is the best (I am seeking views from others) or don't you have any preference? I think the 98/99 one looks best but I'll go with the majority. Thanks

My beautiful model wife sporting the other new addition .... thank you Mrs Sensei!

received_291538566296995.jpeg

Oh dear...
This is the 64/65 shirt received today.
Basic colour is black; stripes are sky blue!
Derek Woodley et al, never played in these colours, lol!

20220201_153727.jpg

Oh dear...
This is the 64/65 shirt received today.
Basic colour is black; stripes are sky blue!
Derek Woodley et al, never played in these colours, lol!

View attachment 18758
I had mine today too... I'm too young (only just!) to remember the actual kit but it does seem to be proper navy, not black and a "white with a hint of blue" collar and stripe, which I wasn't expecting.

I asked the manufacturers if it was intentional and they sent me a colour picture of the squad, and the 1964/5 team shirt does seem to be just like this.

I really like it anyhow and will be sporting it tonight at the Barnet match. Hopefully it will turn out to be my "lucky shirt" and we will win every game and will also score more than 5, a fact I have never been lucky enough to witness even though it has happened on numerous occasions since I first started supporting in August 1969.

I had mine today too... I'm too young (only just!) to remember the actual kit but it does seem to be proper navy, not black and a "white with a hint of blue" collar and stripe, which I wasn't expecting.

I asked the manufacturers if it was intentional and they sent me a colour picture of the squad, and the 1964/5 team shirt does seem to be just like this.

I really like it anyhow and will be sporting it tonight at the Barnet match. Hopefully it will turn out to be my "lucky shirt" and we will win every game and will also score more than 5, a fact I have never been lucky enough to witness even though it has happened on numerous occasions since I first started supporting in August 1969.
I did see that shirt up close, after seeing my first game in '61!
The shirt was a lighter blue than the one colour image. That just looks like a bad 1964 photograph.
But the side never wore sky-blue stripes as anyone as old as me will affirm!
Am not sure about a 'hint' (lol), as my picture hopefully shows.

Have received a reply from World Retro, who said the sky blue stripes were deliberate, based on their one picture.
Frankly, was not best pleased when they insisted the stripes were blue! Blimey! I actually picked up the real thing on a Roots Hall open day!

I think what happened was a merge of colour with constant washing of the old cotton fabric used 58 years ago.

Maybe, in the future, anyone on the Zone who saw the originals can offer advice when sought?

Back