• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Your Views?

McScriven

The Ball Boy
I'm looking for fans views on the season so far to be included in the Col******r United programme letters page.

Have you been impressed with the season start? Where do you feel we could improve? Who's been the surprise package of the season so far?

Send in your letters to media@southend-united.co.uk and the best ones will get published against the Auld enemy.

Alternatively you can add them here and also don't forget to send in your questions in our new Pure Nuts feature click here.

Mark Gower and Wayne Gray have definitely been the surprise packages so far this season. Personally, and i think a few people share my opinion, i didn't think they would be able to cope with the step up especially after there appearances towards the end of last season. But from what i've seen they're both on form and Gower tore that wing to pieces when we were dominant on Saturday.

Wayne has been my suprise package this year. Though to be honest, I always thought he might be able to do it. And he does do a lot of work other than just put the ball in the net. Just watch last season's DVD for proof of that.
His work rate and movement has already proved very fruitful this year.
Keep it up Mr Gray.
Other than that...Maher has been ridiculously solid.

Barrett has been the surprise package.

I thought he would be able to cope with this division.

Otherwise no-one's performances have surprised me.

I have to agree that Barratt has been disappointing thus far. he continually gets pulled out of position. On the plus side, and I know many of you wont be able to believe this, I think Maher 8 has been exceptional. Gutts has surprised me too. I though Wayne looked good last season until he tired towards the end. From what I saw at Walsall, look out for Jay Smith. If he gets back in the side, I think he will create a ton of chances.

In terms of points won (or saved in this case) I'd pick out Flavs. He definately won us a point at Wallsall and on Saturday.

Maher has been huge for us as well, but no-one's struggled. Edwards has been a pleasant surprise for me.

Some adjustments will be required, especially from Eastwood and Barrett, but they'll both pull it off.

Back