• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Youth Team

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mick @ Nov. 24 2005,15:53)]Five years ago this week.

Our squad which was viewed as promising was:

J Lunan, Simmons, D Lunan, Wray, Bourgeois, Davey, Harding, Clarke, Window, Boot, Plummer, England, Cleverley, Gerken, Ing, Coburn, Zinga

(no Carl Pattern, I'm afraid)

Where are they now?

(although the sub keeper is up the A12 where he is  ... er sub keeper)

We certainly know how to bring players on !!
Are you able to get hold of the West Ham line-up Mick?

As listed above, I can remember Johnson and Eastwood was certainly on the books. I think they had Daniel Sjolund too, who was expected to be pretty special and signed for Liverpool, but didn't really make it.

Well done lads. We haven't really had much to be pleased about for many years in terms of youth but it seems that Ricky Duncan has done a good job and we have some good youngsters.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TerryintheWest @ Nov. 24 2005,00:06)]Anyone thinking of travelling up to Sheffield for the next round?
Any chance of the Trust running a coach to this one if there is sufficient interest?.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mick @ Nov. 24 2005,15:53)]Our squad which was viewed as promising was:

J Lunan, Simmons, D Lunan, Wray, Bourgeois, Davey, Harding, Clarke, Window, Boot, Plummer, England, Cleverley, Gerken, Ing, Coburn, Zinga

Where are they now?
Jamie Lunan - Had spells at Chelmsford, Grays and Redbridge/Ford and was released after a second spell at Redbridge last season. Don't know if he's currently got a club.

Daniel Lunan - Was released by Grays 12 months ago and I believe he's now at Fisher.

Tom Davey - Recently released by Redbridge.

Tony Boot - Currently scoring a few for East Thurrock after being transfer listed by Dagenham in the summer.

Daryl Plummer - Has this week been released by Redbridge despite being a regular for them in his second spell there.

Gerald England - Last I heard he was playing for Dartford.

Darryl Bourgeois - Last seen at Heybridge.

Anthony Clark - Currently plays for Wealdstone.

oops.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Uxbridge Shrimper @ Nov. 24 2005,16:43)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mick @ Nov. 24 2005,15:53)]Five years ago this week.

Our squad which was viewed as promising was:

(no Carl Pattern, I'm afraid)

Where are they now?

(although the sub keeper is up the A12 where he is  ... er sub keeper)

We certainly know how to bring players on !!
Are you able to get hold of the West Ham line-up Mick?

As listed above, I can remember Johnson and Eastwood was certainly on the books. I think they had Daniel Sjolund too, who was expected to be pretty special and signed for Liverpool, but didn't really make it.
I saw Danny Sjolund, the Finnish wunderkind play back in July for Djurgardens. Doing quite well in the small pond that is the Swedish Allsvenskan.

Re the WHU line-up, I could try and find my programme.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Andy_S @ Nov. 24 2005,19:31)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mick @ Nov. 24 2005,15:53)]Our squad which was viewed as promising was:

Where are they now?
Jamie Lunan - Had spells at Chelmsford, Grays and Redbridge/Ford and was released after a second spell at Redbridge last season. Don't know if he's currently got a club.

Daniel Lunan - Was released by Grays 12 months ago and I believe he's now at Fisher.

Tom Davey - Recently released by Redbridge.

Tony Boot - Currently scoring a few for East Thurrock after being transfer listed by Dagenham in the summer.

Daryl Plummer - Has this week been released by Redbridge despite being a regular for them in his second spell there.

Gerald England - Last I heard he was playing for Dartford.

Darryl Bourgeois - Last seen at Heybridge.

Anthony Clark - Currently plays for Wealdstone.

oops.gif
Sorry you've both taken me literaly. It was a throwaway statement as in where are they now? nowhere !!

But thanks anyway. Are you sure it's the same Boot ? I thought the Dagenham one was a tad older.

We drove past the Hall last night with all the lights on for this game...I turned to the missus and said 'Doesn't that look beautiful?'

She wasn't convinced however...but it was, an absolutely beautiful sight!

smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TerryintheWest @ Nov. 24 2005,00:06)]Anyone thinking of travelling up to Sheffield for the next round?
I my be interested in going although it mainly depends what day it is as to whether I am able to go or not. However I have spoken to quite a few people last night who vested an interest so I think it may be worthwhile the trust hiring a minibus.
Thoughts?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mick @ Nov. 24 2005,19:36)]I saw Danny Sjolund, the Finnish wunderkind play back in July for Djurgardens. Doing quite well in the small pond that is the Swedish Allsvenskan.

Cheers for that Mick. Funnily enough, I have two Djurgarden fans working in my team, so I asked them for their verdict on Sjolund.

One said he was "amazing" and that he scored in last night's Royal League (a kind of Nordic Champions League) game against AaB Aalborg.

The other lad said that Sjolund was his "favourite player".

So my suggestion that the lad "didn't really make it" was perhaps a tad harsh
smile.gif

Re the match programme, I bought one that day, but it was more a generic magazine about the West Ham youth set-up.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Uxbridge Shrimper @ Nov. 25 2005,09:46)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mick @ Nov. 24 2005,19:36)]I saw Danny Sjolund, the Finnish wunderkind play back in July for Djurgardens. Doing quite well in the small pond that is the Swedish Allsvenskan.

Cheers for that Mick. Funnily enough, I have two Djurgarden fans working in my team, so I asked them for their verdict on Sjolund.

One said he was "amazing" and that he scored in last night's Royal League (a kind of Nordic Champions League) game against AaB Aalborg.

The other lad said that Sjolund was his "favourite player".

So my suggestion that the lad "didn't really make it" was perhaps a tad harsh  
smile.gif

Re the match programme, I bought one that day, but it was more a generic magazine about the West Ham youth set-up.
Yes, he scored in the first minute of each half in the game I saw (quite a rarity at any level of football)!!

Not even Billy Best managed that (desperate attempt at Southend content!).

Back