• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Yves Mvoto

Yep, would agree with that. Liked him but he wasn't a patch on Dervite, prone to the odd moment of stupidity as I recall.

He was very much like Sean Morrison in the respect that he needs to be 90-100% fit, or he tends to lumber around the pitch and his timing becomes something of a problem. He had an excellent few games for us at the start of his loan spell here, then picked up an injury (against Brighton at the Withdean, IIRC?) and never really looked like the same player. I think it was his debut against Leeds at Roots Hall when he frightened the ****ing life out of Jermaine Beckford... He caught Beckford with a perfectly timed challenge with a bit of afters, only for Beckford to apologise to him.

He'd be a pretty decent signing for us.

Mvoto would be an improvement on all of our CBs.

I disagree - anyone who saw him play like a plank away at Hartlepool would question whether he was even a professional football player and not someone who wandered on to the pitch and picked up a shirt by chance. Rarely have I seen such an inept, demotivating and capitulated performance from a player wearing a Southend shirt.

I disagree - anyone who saw him play like a plank away at Hartlepool would question whether he was even a professional football player and not someone who wandered on to the pitch and picked up a shirt by chance. Rarely have I seen such an inept, demotivating and capitulated performance from a player wearing a Southend shirt.

Everyone has a bad day at the office every once in a while, seems harsh to judge him on that one performance.

Signs for the Borient scum on a free today. Started ahead of penalty-conceding machine and all round Millwall *******, Alan Dunne.

Last edited by a moderator:
...aaaaand walked back out of the circus at half time today, apparently. Can't blame him, but not even slightly disappointed as he's ****ing ****. Pity he didn't take Clohessey with him when he went.

Last edited by a moderator:
...aaaaand walked back out of the circus at half time today, apparently. Can't blame him, but not even slightly disappointed as he's ****ing ****. Pity he didn't take Clohessey with him when he went.

M'voto is ***** no doubt about it, however if you've dragged Clohessy down to your own level I've got no sympathy, decent player IMO.

M'voto is ***** no doubt about it, however if you've dragged Clohessy down to your own level I've got no sympathy, decent player IMO.

Good going forward, but absolutely tragic defensively. I would have lost count of how many goals he's been at fault for (lots) if I'd not been so busy counting the ones that Connor Essam is at fault for (more lots).

Good going forward, but absolutely tragic defensively. I would have lost count of how many goals he's been at fault for (lots) if I'd not been so busy counting the ones that Connor Essam is at fault for (more lots).

and the mighty Dunne.........

Errhhhh ........ one penalty missed and one penalty saved ........ perhaps it is easier to look at the defenders than the strikers? Having said that I think you (Orient) have made a mistake in signing M'Voto.

Slightly off subject but Mooney had a faultless game yesterday - no mistakes, no off-sides, no poor control etcetera ....mind you, he was only on the pitch for 60 seconds! :facepalm: :tease: :smiles:

Errhhhh ........ one penalty missed and one penalty saved ........ perhaps it is easier to look at the defenders than the strikers? Having said that I think you (Orient) have made a mistake in signing M'Voto.

Slightly off subject but Mooney had a faultless game yesterday - no mistakes, no off-sides, no poor control etcetera ....mind you, he was only on the pitch for 60 seconds! :facepalm: :tease: :smiles:

M'Voto is gone. His short-term contract was basically up anyway. Guy had one good game and then got steadily more inept.

And I'm certainly not going to criticise a striker who's scored 20 goals by the New Year and in any way mitigate a defence that's only kept 3 clean sheets in the league all season...

Back