• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Zone Content Creators / Authors / Reporters

The lifeblood of ShrimperZone has always been debate. For the most part, it's limited to shorter responses ranging between a few words and a few paragraphs - generally a more conversational approach.

Occasionally though, we do see different Zoners going in deeper, putting together a longer post with a bit more detail, sharing some passion or other that they have, and posting some generally excellent stuff. It could be about the club generally, new signings, different tactics, great moments in the past, a view on the future, up-to-date statistics, the upcoming match, the laws of the game and how they impact our club, the ins and outs of supporting Southend United, the youth team and development of our younger players, the management team and their approach, etc., etc., etc.

One great ongoing example is the weekly official-match thread contribution from The Big Dady which I know gives a lot of insight to a lot of its readers. Likewise, the weekly Ref Watch from Mick.

As a League One club, something we've always lacked is a wider offering of articles that have Southend United at their heart. So while this may or may not work out or catch on, I'd like to tap into some of the talent and expertise we have on this forum and explore it for the Zone.

How do YOU feel about writing for the Zone, putting together more detailed (even regular) features, and sharing it with your fellow posters and our regular non-posting readers?

If you do fancy getting involved, then please just jump right in and post your article in the relevant forum. If you've got an idea, but you're not overly sure about it, then do drop me or any of the other owners or mods a PM?

Im brewing something up that I might post tonight. But I had an eye on maybe submitting it for AAS. I guess that’s a point really, if people contribute longer posts/articles here then they could be worked and updated into something for AAS as well.

Im brewing something up that I might post tonight. But I had an eye on maybe submitting it for AAS. I guess that’s a point really, if people contribute longer posts/articles here then they could be worked and updated into something for AAS as well.
Funnily enough JT, you were absolutely one of the posters I had in mind when I put the post together. I'd be delighted to see content from you.

On the AAS question, we've never had a problem with anything being lifted from here and shared there (so long as it's referenced as such). Unquestionably, we will have readers of one that won't be reading the other.

I used to do "The FBM view and ratings" post match reports a few years ago but time sadly means I no longer have that luxury of being able to commit to something regular.

But I'm always happy to weigh in with an opinion where I can and if you have an idea for something on a fairly regular basis let me know and I'll gladly assist.

Great example of what I was looking for.

What a great post @Grapevine. Definitely, one of the best match reports for a good while with some tactical analysis and observations many of us will have missed even if we'd been there!

Feel free to take and use anything like this that you like. If you ever want an actual opinion on something specific I’d be happy to tap away......as you can tell once I start.....it can go on a bit ??

Back