• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

THE SEVENTIES NORTH BANK

Life President⭐⭐
Having read the post about a Southend fan spotted wearing his colours at the Barbican, I thought I'd ask where is the best or worst place you have worn something with Southend, SUFC or Shrimpers on? When they weren't even playing there of course.

So, best or worst or both.

My best place was the Bahamas.

My worst was Colchester Town shopping a few years back wearing my bobble hat with a big SUFC on the front and the club crest on the side. Had gone to visit a unique particular shop in the lanes, and thought I'd do some christmas shopping and wind up the locals at the same time. Got a mixture of friendly and not so friendly banter. Lol.

Best: Taj Mahal or on my honeymoon in Niagara Falls (which, to be fair is a bit dull - the Falls, not my Honeymoon!).

Worst: My local Tesco's?

Best place I have worn my colours, was at the top of Ayers Rock in December 98. Colours have also made an appearance at The WACA in Perth (98-99). the Adelaide Oval (98-99 and 06-07), the MCG (98-99) the SCG (98-99), and the Gabba (98-99).

Never had a bad place to wear them.

Best place was at the weigh-in of Ricky Hatton & Floyd Mayweather, at the MGM Grand in 2007. It got a few commets from the northerners, but was all good fun tbh

I have told this story before , but back in 2004 I was in NZ visting a Moari village and I had my Southend Shirt on (we were playing Col in the LDV final that day) when a bloke came up and asked if that was a Southend Shirt, he then asked if i remembered Derek Bellotti (a goalkeeper in the very early 70's for the younguns) adding he was Dereks Best Man...
As the conversation went on someone else came up asking, "did you mention southend ? I was born in Gordon road"

another good place was at a Cobh ramblers vs Scunthorpe game.

I have a pair of Yellow away (3rd strip IIRC) shorts from what has to be 10/15 years ago that always go on holiday with me...They are perfect holiday shorts...multifunctional can be worn when sunbathing, strolling around as normal shorts or in the sea or pool as they dry so quickly. Because of this they will have been spotted in Florida, California, Turks & Caicos Islands, The Seychelles, Aruba and various parts of Europe over the last decade or so....unfortunately since they were worn down to breakfast at a well regarded B&B on the North Yorkshire Coast last summer I have been banned from wearing them by Mrs NS due to questions raised over "support", "restraint" and "common decency". I am gutted, they are like family to me those shorts - but it's been promised if I take them on holiday again they will take a final journey to the ocean :sad:

Can anyone tell me the exact year of these shorts? They actually got more attention for the "Beaver" on the left leg than the SUFC Badge on t'other.

Last year I wore my top to Bridgetown in Barbados, we left the day after we beat Gills and low and behold the first people we bump into were Gills fans, had some fun there; but that's probably a second to Safari in Kenya. The strangest thing was, I wasn't the only person wearing one. Our guide drove us from Mombassa (bottom East) to Tsavo Tsavo (North West), and on the main road loads of people walking to walk, no socks or shoes, but loads of footy shirts, mostly Manure, Arse & Celtic, and in the midst of this throng of Kenyans, there was one local wearing the old Martin Dawn Navy shirt with the white stripe.

My other half still reminds me that seeing that Southend shirt brought more excitement than seeing most of the animals on safari.

Haven't got a worse place.

Whenever I go on holiday I wear my Southend shirt with pride.

Malta, Corfu, Zante and Rhodes to name a few. I gave away my shirt to a Danish fella I met in Corfu one year and he wore it. He came over for my wedding with a couple of his friends and supplied me with a new Brondby shirt, which I have worn a few times.

All over South America and Australia, to many places to name.
Lads holidays to Spain and Greece.
Worst place Walking around Worsley, wearing my Yellow hi tech away shirt,, get funny and strange looks!!:stunned:

My Avatar pic was taken in a hotel room in Eilat just after hearing we'd beaten Col U 3-0 on our way to becoming League 1 champions.

It would be nice if some bright techy spark on here could do an online map we could add location pins to?

At the Olympic Velodrome in Athens, 2004.

As for 'worst' no place is a bad place if (a) I am there and (b) I am wearing a Southend shirt

best place.......all over cuba, never a bad place to wear a blues shirt, im a regular at colchester zoo i simply can not go in the place if i havent got my sufc shirt on

Colchester Zoo when younger wore my top and bag. Most recently jacket through Clacton. Whenever I go on holiday. On top of Jungfrau mountain in Switzerland. Top of CN Tower in Toronto.

My shirt has travelled with me around the Caribbean and the Middle East and I always try to get a photo of myself wearing it in each country.
I have been asked on several occasions in the Caribbean for my shirt - would I part with it?....................NO NEVER

Back