• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

At the San Siro stadium in Milan.
'Worst' place, there can't poosibly be a worst place to be wearing a Southend shirt.

At the San Siro stadium in Milan.
'Worst' place, there can't poosibly be a worst place to be wearing a Southend shirt.

Well played; I've worn a Southend scarf there (and at the Parc des Princes) but not a shirt. This season's shirt has made an appearance at the Bernabéu and it looked damn fine too I might add.

In the Camp Nou whilst on a tour, I also have a photo of me and GYS Jnr posing for the camera at the entrance to the Epcot centre in Florida the day after the Luton away game in December '06. Spent 1/2 a day going from bar to bar looking for somewhere showing the game. Eventually found a bar who agreed to tune in but it was on a five hour time delay.

aged about 11 I wore my shirt on top of a ski slope that happened to have a snowman the size of a house next to me, got in the programme and everything

Wore Southend United bits and bobs on me when I was in Italy.
Walk around Chelmsford all the time with a Southend shirt on, spot a few Southend supporters at times, and sometimes get a few looks from Premiership fans, either Arsenal, Chelsea, spurs etc etc. Had a couple of people say 'BLUE ARMY', and others say 'YOUR TEAM IS SH**'. Of course I just head butted them and walked off in pride .

The best place I ever wear my Southend United shirt is ROOTS HALL! - Did wear it at the old Yankee Stadium though for a New York Yankees Baseball match, spent some time educating the locals about the Shrimpers!

Have worn my Southend shirt to the Grand Canyon, Las Vegas, Seattle and San Francisco. When in San Francisco the google street view camera came around and lo and behold three months later, There I was standing on the corner of Chestnut and Laguna resplendent in my shirt. The only downside was it was only up for about six months.

My shirt has travelled with me around the Caribbean and the Middle East and I always try to get a photo of myself wearing it in each country.
I have been asked on several occasions in the Caribbean for my shirt - would I part with it?....................NO NEVER

Why not? flog it, buy beer with proceeds and buy a new one when you get home :smile:

Loved wearing my shirts as much as possible living in Colchester.

Most obscure has to be Mekelle in northern Ethiopia a few years back when I started the Mekelle Shrimpers branch with help from many of you guys!

Scarfs, flags, and two shirts pinned up in in bars around Calis Turkey, and wear mine with pride every match day.

Best place was in a sports bar in cologne which was full of spurs fans who couldn't get in to their game against Schalke,had some good banter and a couple of beers bought for me.

There is no worse place for me as wearing my colours with pride is just an honour and part of life for me

I tend to wear colours on holiday home or abroad, last time was toremolinos got out of train and was greeted with " good team southend" by woman and her other half. Only realised when saw a clip of malaga playing away somewhere they wear pink as well. They look and play just like us

Many moons ago, before Shrimperzone was even a twinkle in anyone's eye we used to have an email forum. Someone organised a competition around having your photo taken in the most unusual place whilst wearing an SUFC shirt. So, in the middle of the snow season I climbed to the top of mount Titliss in Switzerland, stripped down to just my shirt and had a photo taken. I don't think I have ever been colder in my entire life.

Back