• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Does RM really put £100k a month into SUFC ?

• I believe RM does put £100k a month of his own money into keeping SUFC afloat every month

Votes: 3 2.8%
  • I believe RM does put £100k into keeping SUFC afloat every month via his other companies

Votes: 24 22.2%
  • I believe £100k a month does come into the club via RM's web of companies but on paper only

Votes: 25 23.1%
  • I don't believe he puts £100k a month in end of

Votes: 56 51.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It was always going to morph into a stadium debate but that's natural as RM portrays himself as the millionaire saviour keeping the club going but in reality he's just a huge bull ******* as demonstrated by the lack of progress on the stadium, in other words it's a case of can we trust anything that comes out of his mouth ?

Does your life depend on what RM says? Probably not. Its a case of waiting to see what he does rather than what he says, albeit the wait to see tangible action is rather protracted. RM holds all the cards and personally I want to see his heart in the club, have him invest some of the diamonds and put the spades to work at FF. Right now it feels like a bum deal.

Does your life depend on what RM says? Probably not. Its a case of waiting to see what he does rather than what he says, albeit the wait to see tangible action is rather protracted. RM holds all the cards and personally I want to see his heart in the club, have him invest some of the diamonds and put the spades to work at FF. Right now it feels like a bum deal.
Think we have waited long enough now and even you are getting an itchy backside now you've moved out of Ronnies camp and onto the fence :smile:

Another reason I posted this poll was to try and get an idea of who cares what he does, so far 1981 views with only 91 votes, is that apathy, indecision or ???????? Interesting statistic though

Maybe people aren't overly interested in voting on one of your polls. Just saying

Ron still wants his stadium built so I can see him putting his own money in, whether he's inflating the figure to make himself look better though is up for debate.

How the hell do supporters know? Unless they are privy to Board Meetings and intimate details of Southend United's finances - how on earth can anyone know?

There are plenty of "know-all's" of course.

How the hell do supporters know? Unless they are privy to Board Meetings and intimate details of Southend United's finances - how on earth can anyone know?

There are plenty of "know-all's" of course.

Ron himself has told us how much he has to put in on a monthly basis, it was 100k, and the last we heard 60k.

Plus the accounts are publicly available.

I am not disputing that info Jam Man. I have sometimes stuck up for Ron when the "blinkered" among us blame him for for virtually all the ills of this world. However, what someone says and what someone actually does - is not always the same thing.

My own thinking is that Ron is a businessman who as well as wanting the best for Southend United - will benefit personally from FF ..should it ever happen. So it seems likely that money is loaned to the club - with a view to a golden profit via FF. Nothing wrong with that.
That is my thinking. Others think differently. Only Ron Martin and perhaps one or two others ACTUALLY know.So the poll is like saying "is there a God?". Different people make a different guess ..but we will all find out one day.

Ps. How many of us actually bother to read through published Ltd Company accounts? I don't.

PS. If we actually knew the finer details of Southend United finances - this largely guesswork poll would not be on here.

Ron does know how much the deficit is he has to cover and we know because he told us.

Where he gets it from is the thing we don't know.

We do normally have the accounts discussed on here when they are published. Its how we know for example we are 10million in debt. You cant say no one knows anything just because you don't bother reading them :smile:

Ron does know how much the deficit is he has to cover and we know because he told us.

Where he gets it from is the thing we don't know.

We do normally have the accounts discussed on here when they are published. Its how we know for example we are 10million in debt. You cant say no one knows anything just because you don't bother reading them :smile:

I said "few" people.
I would bet that less than 300 of a 6000 Roots Hall home crowd would have any knowledge of Southend United published accounts. 300 is generous. That is "few".

"and we know because he told us". I stick up for RM sometimes but that made me roll up.

Ron told us that FF would progress from Spring. I am not sure if that was accurate? Oh it must be because "we know because he told us".

And this coming from someone who gets irritated with the blinkered anti-Ron crap. But to say "because he told us"...hmmm.

Ron told us that FF would progress from Spring. I am not sure if that was accurate? Oh it must be because "we know because he told us".

And this coming from someone who gets irritated with the blinkered anti-Ron crap. But to say "because he told us"...hmmm.

Build dates for the stadium are project estimates subject to change.

The losses the club makes are in the accounts and signed off by accountants. We can tell how much money the club owes, what we cant tell is where the money coming in comes from.

You can see that the club has a monthly cashflow deficit by just working through the high level numbers (monthly wage bill + PAYE + VAT + general running costs for policing, travel, etc vs 2,500 non-season-ticket sales twice a month) on a piece of paper.

The fact that we seem to meet those obligations now suggests that the money is coming from somewhere.

Build dates for the stadium are project estimates subject to change.

The losses the club makes are in the accounts and signed off by accountants. We can tell how much money the club owes, what we cant tell is where the money coming in comes from.

The last sentence answers the whole question.

We do not know for certain.

You can see that the club has a monthly cashflow deficit by just working through the high level numbers (monthly wage bill + PAYE + VAT + general running costs for policing, travel, etc vs 2,500 non-season-ticket sales twice a month) on a piece of paper.

The fact that we seem to meet those obligations now suggests that the money is coming from somewhere.

Agreed.

Thus my earlier suggestion (not statement) that RM somehow fixes the leak..in the hope of a huge Golden Egg in the form of FF.

But we do not actually know where the cash is coming from.

Back