• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Corr and Barnard are NOT good enough. I know it's pens.... but we need players. I hear Tyrone Barnett was minutes away from sealing a move to Oxford last night. Loan with a view to a permanent? WHY are we not going for this type of goal scorer? Ron can sell the FF dream...

Same reason they didnt, he wanted too much money.

I absolutely LOVE how Corr is getting mentioned. The guy didnt play and scored his pen. I mean what on earth.

Let me guess Phil will shortly repeat his favourite mantra " there were many positives to take from this" 2 cups gone already , I suppose what else can he say ?

Never said it was alright, but calling for Brown to be sacked after losing in a cup that some really don't care about is an over reaction IMO.

Jack Payne scoring twice is obviously a positive and should start at the weekend.

We lost due to a great strike in the last minute against the run of play, but missed our chances again.

As soon as that goal went in, some posters who haven't posted through the whole match pop up with the negative posts and that might just be a coincidence which I highly doubt.

I bet he won't. Brown won't play him, he will stick with the usual

Yes we lost to a last minute goal... The result isn't what concerns me. It's that we leaked a goal from ten men when we had a vast majority of possession. 14 shots on target and two goals against ten men isn't going to set this division alight when we come up against full strength better sides. As shown in recent matches.

This isn't an overreaction - we need to act on the problems now. PB keeps banging on about not finishing our chances... well something needs to be done about it now - whether a new striker or a change of starting line up...

If you go and watch training, you will see Dave Penney do shooting practise sometimes at the end of training. If you watch, it doesn't replicate Coulthirst and Weston bearing down on goal from an angle with just the keeper to beat.

Yes we lost to a last minute goal... The result isn't what concerns me. It's that we leaked a goal from ten men when we had a vast majority of possession. 14 shots on target and two goals against ten men isn't going to set this division alight when we come up against full strength better sides. As shown in recent matches.

This isn't an overreaction - we need to act on the problems now. PB keeps banging on about not finishing our chances... well something needs to be done about it now - whether a new striker or a change of starting line up...

Nope it isnt and your comments are right.

Our problems have been quality in the last third all season, we create chances but not goals.

As for starting line up, dont want to state the obvious but tonight he changed half the outfield players.

I wonder if that Uche Ikpeazu is available from Watford? Seemed to do well at a struggling Crewe last season.

I dont think he will, I think Payne has been in his mind a while and tonight will force his hand.
out of all the reserve team players, Payne is the one who gets semi-regular game time. Trouble is, Hurst is the only midfielder in danger of being dropped, and Payne is more left-sided...

Brown on record saying that if Payne plays well tonight he will deffo start on Saturday. Mind you he virtually said that prior to Wimbledon. If it takes this long to get in the team from good performances, Ellis Brown, Layne and Jason Williams better be loaned out now, otherwise they may get a glimpse of the occasional reserve game or maybe could paint some fences?

Brown on record saying that if Payne plays well tonight he will deffo start on Saturday. Mind you he virtually said that prior to Wimbledon. If it takes this long to get in the team from good performances, Ellis Brown, Layne and Jason Williams better be loaned out now, otherwise they may get a glimpse of the occasional reserve game or maybe could paint some fences?

By all accounts Payne has been excellent in development games for some time, all those you mentioned have not.

Id be stunned if he didnt start Saturday.

out of all the reserve team players, Payne is the one who gets semi-regular game time. Trouble is, Hurst is the only midfielder in danger of being dropped, and Payne is more left-sided...

Payne played central today, I dont see him playing wide.

The trouble is, Shaq and Weston seem to be the biggest two culprits for missing the chances. Not Corr and not Barnard. They are of course creating these chances through their pace though.
Can only speak from what I just saw (and I assume that everyone else only judges players on the games they see) but I thought we played well for the vast majority of the game. Payne's finishing was great and generally everyone else's wasn't but even with that we were unlucky not to have a couple more goals. Jack is shooting and scoring - that will inspire others and goals will come. Shaq has a lot of power in his feet - just that mostly it was straight at the keeper - league 2 keepers can fumble those though and then he will be up and running.
i couldn't see the pens - too far away but what I did see was a Southend team who were up for it, full of energy, playing for each other. We lack a bit of quality and let in one clinically executed set peice then switched off right at the end. Shame we didn't take away what our efforts deserved but we hogged possession and I'm happy enough with the efforts that were invested.

Let me guess Phil will shortly repeat his favourite mantra " there were many positives to take from this" 2 cups gone already , I suppose what else can he say ?

Funnily enough thats what the commentators said, and they dont have to do so.

What would you like Phil to say, we are doomed?

(in reply to rayleighboy) does it matter really? I change jobs regularly (every two years or so) - do I worry about my former employers? do you? this whole not celebrating thing is bollocks

(in reply to rayleighboy) does it matter really? I change jobs regularly (every two years or so) - do I worry about my former employers? do you? this whole not celebrating thing is bollocks

Still shows a bit of class in my eyes!!

If he doesn't start Payne on Saturday, he'll have one very hacked off player on his hands. I'm just not sure where to play him. Would suit a 5 man midfield with Cliiford and Lenny, but that just seems so negative at home.

Back