• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Why do all of you want this stadium so bad? won't you miss good old roots hall? i will! I've been going roots hall all my life and would hate to see it go. and also we will probably do a darlington! the stadium will cater for 22 thousand people, we can't even sell out Roots hall! and for people like me who get the train to games have no hope as Fossetts farm is in the middle of bloody nowhere. so yeah I'm against having a new stadium and would rather stay at roots hall and spend the money on players so we can climb the divisions.

A decent park and ride scheme or in your case train and ride would solve it. I guarantee attendences would initially go up a lot....plenty of curiosity etc....as always results and opposition dictate attendances....our last spell in the championship roots hall wasnt big enough.

Why do all of you want this stadium so badly? Won't you miss good old Roots Hall? I will! I've been going roots hall all my life and would hate to see it go. and also we will probably do a Darlington! The stadium will cater for 22 thousand people, we can't even sell out Roots Hall! And people like me, who get the train to games, have no hope as Fossetts Farm is in the middle of bloody nowhere. So yeah I'm against having a new stadium and would rather stay at Roots Hall and spend the money on players so we can climb the divisions.

I, like most people, went through all emotional issues you mention above some years ago with the (sad) conclusion that only a new ground will provide us with the foundation for a long term future. Shame it is nowhere near a railway station but there wasn't a great deal of choice over the location.

Last edited:
Why do all of you want this stadium so bad? won't you miss good old roots hall? i will! I've been going roots hall all my life and would hate to see it go. and also we will probably do a darlington! the stadium will cater for 22 thousand people, we can't even sell out Roots hall! and for people like me who get the train to games have no hope as Fossetts farm is in the middle of bloody nowhere. so yeah I'm against having a new stadium and would rather stay at roots hall and spend the money on players so we can climb the divisions.

Also there is no money....the stadium only gets built as part of a property deal....ron hasnt saved up 30 million in his piggy bank......or has he??

A decent park and ride scheme or in your case train and ride would solve it. I guarantee attendences would initially go up a lot....plenty of curiosity etc....as always results and opposition dictate attendances....our last spell in the championship roots hall wasnt big enough.

Yeah i suppose so, for some reason i just get very sentimental about leaving roots hall haha

I, like most people, went through all emotional issues you mention above some years ago with the (sad) conclusion that only a new ground will provide us with the foundation for a long term future. Shame it is nowhere near a railway station but there wasn't a great deal of choice over the location.

Away supporters arriving by train won't be happy.

The scheme results in a new stadium, hotel and retail park that enables the club to generate sufficient income to survive and be more competitive going forward. In L2 filling the stadium is unlikely (cup runs excepted), in L1 for 1 or 2 games the currently capacity could be threatened, in the championship against the bigger clubs without doubt we could exceed the current capacity (clubs like Derby sold out the away end comfortably).

Whoa there people....I feel a bit of de ja vu here.....plenty of us chatting about new stadium this....new stadium that....8 years....8 years ago this all got the green light. Im out....until I see actual building of an actual stadium its still just a load of pie in the sky....damn you optimism

Whoa there people....I feel a bit of de ja vu here.....plenty of us chatting about new stadium this....new stadium that....8 years....8 years ago this all got the green light. Im out....until I see actual building of an actual stadium its still just a load of pie in the sky....damn you optimism

I know its strictly verboten but surely we can enjoy the moment before the Victors and Victorias get to work..

Exactly, but the fact that there seems to be some movement and something happening rather than just another date for when it will start means it is hard not to get slightly worked up when there has been, what seems like, very little happening for a long time. I hate hope :sad:

Exactly, but the fact that there seems to be some movement and something happening rather than just another date for when it will start means it is hard not to get slightly worked up when there has been, what seems like, very little happening for a long time. I hate hope :sad:

Thats the killer....hope.

The scheme results in a new stadium, hotel and retail park that enables the club to generate sufficient income to survive and be more competitive going forward. In L2 filling the stadium is unlikely (cup runs excepted), in L1 for 1 or 2 games the currently capacity could be threatened, in the championship against the bigger clubs without doubt we could exceed the current capacity (clubs like Derby sold out the away end comfortably).

I know what your saying but at the end of the day were still in league 2, if we were high flying in league 1 or even just got in the championship i can understand going ahead with a new ground, but like i said Darlington bought a massive ground while in league nowhere filled out and now look at them, they in the west counties 3rd division or something like and have to groudshare with a stadium that has 1 terrace! Anyway its not just finances its history! Roots hall have been our home for years and all the memories with had their, i just love Roots hall.

If FF is ever built I would estimate its only about 1 mile from Prittlewell Station, that's still not bad going compared to many new grounds.

So lets have it right....its another play football.....hired out to the paying public money making set up and ###k all to do with the stadium....good night y'all

From what i can tell it's shut down and they're building housing estates on the land. So it cannot remain there so would need to be moved

That what i think is the case, may be wrong

EDIT I AM CORRECT

LSDlogo_v4_small.jpg

The London Soccerdome is now closed for business and is being demolished as part of the planned redevelopment of the Greenwich Peninsula.
We would like to thank all of the clients, charities and youth programmes that have used this unique London venue over the past eight years

Back