• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

So lets have it right....its another play football.....hired out to the paying public money making set up and ###k all to do with the stadium....good night y'all

It will also be used by the club which will help when in the past we no doubt had issues in certain weather conditions. Also, if it brings in revenue then that can only be good.

It will also be used by the club which will help when in the past we no doubt had issues in certain weather conditions. Also, if it brings in revenue then that can only be good.

The first team will use it no doubt...and the yoofs of course....if ron comes out and states this is something to do with new stadium then I will call B S.....getting this soccerdome thing will be a completely seperate business.

The first team will use it no doubt...and the yoofs of course....if ron comes out and states this is something to do with new stadium then I will call B S.....getting this soccerdome thing will be a completely seperate business.

Ricky Duncan was also quoted by CP by saying that this will help them get to the next cat. up for our youth academy. Which is excellent.

But isn't improving/relocating the training facilities all part of the proposed stadium planning? At the moment we are going on a few tweets made by a local journalist and there will, hopefully, be more info that will clear it up in the Echo tomorrow.

Ricky Duncan was also quoted by CP by saying that this will help them get to the next cat. up for our youth academy. Which is excellent.

We have been doing well with the other areas of the academy and I think we have 2 years to go before we can apply to change category. Being category 2 means we can play in the under 21 league and our development team can get regular matches instead of having to arrange friendlies.

Also will mean not losing our best youth players to other category 2 clubs and will get more compensation for when they do leave. Other benefits, such as more contact time with players will certainly help.

But isn't improving/relocating the training facilities all part of the proposed stadium planning? At the moment we are going on a few tweets made by a local journalist and there will, hopefully, be more info that will clear it up in the Echo tomorrow.

We spoke about hope...new stadium etc....all been dashed. Its a seperate business entity that the 1st team and yoofs will use. Where in the plans for FF is there a soccerdome.

Well and here it is. SUFC now the proud owners of one of the largest indoor 3G indoor training facilities in Europe. The envy of many a Premiership club. You truly could not make it up.

And that's just one dome I think there are two domes. The whole building is massive the two domes are about 160m x 120m.

Here is an artist's impression of the new SUFC training site.

Spoiler:  
simpsons+movie+dome.png

Well and here it is. SUFC now the proud owners of one of the largest indoor 3G indoor training facilities in Europe. The envy of many a Premiership club. You truly could not make it up.

Divide that into a dozen 5/6/7 a side pitches at 70 pound per hour.....7 nights a week.....business plan done....

We spoke about hope...new stadium etc....all been dashed. Its a seperate business entity that the 1st team and yoofs will use. Where in the plans for FF is there a soccerdome.

While I'm not 100% on this but I'm sure I read that part of the improved training facilities included an indoor all weather training pitch. It doesn't mean that the stadium is about to start being built.

Thing is with this kind of setup you could probably sell the club to better players who see the facilities

Perhaps the Soccerdome is our new stadium. Its got four sides and the overheads will be so low it needs only a small crowd to make it pay. I think they will ban onions though because the smell will linger. RM will not get his bouffant wet or windblown during matches. :smile:

Divide that into a dozen 5/6/7 a side pitches at 70 pound per hour.....7 nights a week.....business plan done....

Can have one for the club in the day and one for rent. Could be a good money maker if the club do it right.

Surely he hasn't bought both domes?

You would have thought so. The Echo should have more details in it tomorrow, I wonder who will be the first to get a copy and post more details on here?

This is pretty big news for Southend United I would imagine Sky Sports News and some national newspapers will pick up on this fairly quickly.

Just found this! http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/nov/10/david-beckham-academy-ripped-pieces-football
according to this article the dome will be gone by January 15 from its current location.

Be be interesting to see how quickly the training facilities will be upgraded and where the dome will be situated. If I remember correctly I am pretty sure Ricky Duncan jokingly said in his interview when we were awarded Cat 3 that he was going to ask the chairman for the indoor facility needed to push us into cat 2.But I can't quite remember so don't quote me on that!

Back