• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Peshawar (safe-thread no politics)

From Mark Steyn:

The price of incubating, nurturing and growing Islam in the west is too high. Ms Dawson and Mr Johnson did not deserve to die for going to a coffee shop. And, beyond the folly of Sheikh Haron's bail eligibility, the two Sydney victims were sacrificed on the altar of multiculturalist delusion.

Many more will be in the years ahead. It was striking that, even as the siege was beginning, the politico-media class were already firing up what Laura Rosen Cohen calls the "Lone Wolf Story Generator", isolating one man in his own derangement and separating him from any broader currents. Relax, it's not "terrorism" - those reports that it was an ISIS flag he was flying was wrong; it's just a regular ol' Islamic flag. But whoa, it's nothing to do with Islam, either.

Full Article Here: I Wish That Bird Would Fly Away..

I am very far from being an atheist. I would suggest that you actually read that link. I do like your quote from Rocky Balboa but you are clearly a few pickles short of a Big Mac.

I had actually read it & I thought you must have seen the same thing I had... The guy was justifying the violence in the bible - hence I thought you attacking religion per se. But my point is still valid - all belief systems (religious or not) have violent histories, where the belief itself is used as a justification.

In this thread the idiots that killed school children are using Islam as a justification for violence, wheras you are using anti-islam to justify violence!

From Mark Steyn:

The price of incubating, nurturing and growing Islam in the west is too high. Ms Dawson and Mr Johnson did not deserve to die for going to a coffee shop. And, beyond the folly of Sheikh Haron's bail eligibility, the two Sydney victims were sacrificed on the altar of multiculturalist delusion.

Many more will be in the years ahead. It was striking that, even as the siege was beginning, the politico-media class were already firing up what Laura Rosen Cohen calls the "Lone Wolf Story Generator", isolating one man in his own derangement and separating him from any broader currents. Relax, it's not "terrorism" - those reports that it was an ISIS flag he was flying was wrong; it's just a regular ol' Islamic flag. But whoa, it's nothing to do with Islam, either.

Full Article Here: I Wish That Bird Would Fly Away..

again... the guy had mental health problems!

Exactly. Go back to the opening post and remind yourself what the discussion was about - hundreds dead and I am uncivilised because I ask you what the hell it is you are on about.

ISIS and Taliban are inhuman and waging a war against humanity. They have murdered way more Muslims than people of any other religion.

Muslims, Christians, Jews, Sikhs - the vast majority are one of those because of accident of birth - born into it, taught it as fact, that is how it stays. A tiny amount of these use the violence and intolerance displaid in the Bible or the Koran or whatever and use it against us and their own. Go tell the parents of all of those dead kids that you now propose a religious war against the rest of their family - or pause for a moment on the logic lapse you are experiencing.

uncivilised am I? Have you finished lashing out randomly yet?

Nail on the head there.

Having been lucky enough to travel quiteintensively and meeting many people from different religions, my opinion ispeople are generally good, know right from wrong and care about their fellowhuman beings. Religion has been passed through many generations and means a lotto many people, most religious teachings are of love and compassion but allhave their hateful side too. Islam does seem to have a strong hateful messagebut most Muslims see that as outdated, just as most Christians see thou shaltnot lay with another man as outdated as a man can now marry another man in theeyes of god. A minority should not make us attack a religion, attack the perpetratorsby all means but let’s not give moderate Muslims a reason to hate us by committingatrocities like the extremists in the name of revenge.

I am reading your posts correctly. And they're all gutless crap that reek of appeasement.

Where in any of the posts have I mentioned concessions to one side ?

As I have said before I am against anyone doing the killing , and merely pointed out that there are other groups of people who have killed civilians in the name of "war"

That and the incorrect linking of an iragi Shia living in Australia with mental health problems with the Pakistani Taliban.

So, no appeasement, just a dislike of anyone killing anybody, now if that's gutless crap I hold my hands up to it, I would rather be gutless than bigoted.

gotta love a "safe no politics" thread:winking:

It was wishful thinking. I just wanted people to maybe read the thread and pause for a second to consider those poor children and teachers and their families and friends, before jumping straight into the fire and brimstone and political solutions.

Having read the reports and viewing the photos I just cannot comprehend.

Those poor poor children :'(

Having read the reports and viewing the photos I just cannot comprehend.

Those poor poor children :'(

Yep, couldn't agree more but get used to it because until these animals are wiped from the face of the earth and the world nations stop hand wringing and actually do something about it then you are going to see it happen again and again and again. And yes, I do mean lower ourselves to their level, even lower if that's what it takes and eradicate this scum and their bloodline for good.

Yep, couldn't agree more but get used to it because until these animals are wiped from the face of the earth and the world nations stop hand wringing and actually do something about it then you are going to see it happen again and again and again. And yes, I do mean lower ourselves to their level, even lower if that's what it takes and eradicate this scum and their bloodline for good.
It's the fact that the Pakistani army were doing something about it that they targeted that particular school. I don't see any hand wringing but it should be accepted that the Taliban are the enemy of everyone and should be fought collectively.

Ridiculous comment. This man is guilty of rape and murder, better kill his whole famliy, get rid of the bloodline #harrygroutlogic

Ridiculous comment. This man is guilty of rape and murder, better kill his whole famliy, get rid of the bloodline #harrygroutlogic

Well he helped kill his ex-wife himself, so that's one down. Why this scumbag was out on bail is a completely different matter....

Ethnic cleansing? Yeah, that'll work. Plenty of people are doing something about it. Try exchanging 'hand-wringing' for pointless 'tough' talk and you might be on to something.

You are getting your wires crossed. I'm talking about those who slaughtered innocent children not the lone wolf in Sydney. And I stand by what I said, hunt these animals down and wipe them out. They show no mercy so become something that they will fear because as it stands, they have no fear.

You are getting your wires crossed. I'm talking about those who slaughtered innocent children not the lone wolf in Sydney. And I stand by what I said, hunt these animals down and wipe them out. They show no mercy so become something that they will fear because as it stands, they have no fear.
I don't think he is crossing wires, I think it is the bloodline comment meaning something that you didn't intend to say.

It's not ethnic cleansing, I'm not suggesting wiping out a race.

Are you seriously advocating wiping out a race??? Have you ever heard of the Holocaust?
And you do realise that wiping out the race/bloodline will mean killing innocent children? The very action that abhors you!

Ignoring whether people feel this is right or wrong how would this work ?

Presumably, in this instance , the Taliban would be rounded up along with their families and the whole lot summarily executed.

Would this be retroactive, like all war crimes ? because I imagine that the descendants of WW2 Bomber command , amongst others who killed children during wars, would be none too impressed with that legislation...

Personally I can't see it working......

Unfortunately, this is part of the very problem with the martyr - death holds no fear, the people who perpetrated this atrocity went there willingly to die. I understand your sentiments, and the frustration that they express that this problem seems insoluble.

The more I read about the ISIS regime, the more it horrifies me, whole territories almost literally turning into hell on earth, ruled by the kind of barbarity that it's hard (no, impossible) to imagine. Pursue and strike down the leaders with every resource available, and attempt to reverse some of the fanaticism of the rest if this is even possible.

Back