• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Absolute toilet. There are NO excuses for not beating ***** like Dagenham at home, man-for-man we are much stronger and should be disposing of them at home if we have promotion aspirations. It's the same **** week-in, week-out. At least I can say we're consistent - consistently shocking!

Once again, 1 up front is just a no-no. Especially when the tactic was to hoof the ball from the back up to Corr. Because 8 times out of 10 he won't get a head on it and when he does, he's the only ****er up there so no-one wins the second ball and we lose possession again. It's not rocket science, it's the dullest and most thick, idiotic football I've seen a Southend side play in a decade yet we keep doing the same thing.

There is no tempo, no zip to our passing, no intelligent movement off the ball, no-one running the channels, no-one getting in behind the opposition defence and no penetrating passes. It's not as simple as saying we don't have a goalscorer. You could put Diego Costa in this side and he won't do naff all. Absolutely woeful.

And I'll give it to the defence in a lot of ways because that's the third consecutive shut-out, but Prosser and Bolger both still scare the **** out of me AND contribute to our build-up play woes by just putting an aimless boot through the ball everytime they receive it at their feet.

Bentley - little to do.

White - solid
Prosser - worrying, would have struggled against a better team
Bolger - complete and utter pony
Coker - impressive

Payne - mostly useless
Leonard - huffed and puffed but a bit headless chicken
Atkinson - solid and covers a lot of grass but offers little when in possession
Worrall - dangerous til injury
Weston - utter dog**** and has the touch of a rapist

Corr - can't jump, shoved off the ball and dispossessed too easily for such a big bloke, wouldn't have scored in a month of Sundays

Subs:
Coulthirst - average, looked quite good in possession
Timlin - barely noticed him
Williams - showed more strength, movement and pace in 6 minutes than Corr did in 84. Should have been on 20 mins earlier.

Phil Brown - clueless. Get out of my club and take your arrogant personality and your dull, boring, negative, lumbering, unadventurous style of football with you PLEASE.

Poor result, half decent performance against a poor side. Their keeper kept them in it and on another day that's a 3/4-0 win. Still, defensively solid (Bolger aside), and Coultihurst made a difference when he came on and grew into the game. Frustrating but unfortunate more than anything. Bolger's red card was deserved and stupid, you can't ro what he did and get away with it these days, so absolutely ridiculous by him. Will post the video I got of it again here.

[video=youtube_share;HnlPUh1YTlM]http://youtu.be/HnlPUh1YTlM[/video]

Bentley 6.5 Did well, not much to do
White 6 Slow to react and pointless hoofs upfield but more assured later on
Bolger 4 Shocking distribution gets the attention despite him being okay defensively, ridiculous red card
Prosser 7 Solid at the back and defended well
Coker 7 Kept up his good form on his return, good to have an attacking threat
Worrall 7 Hope the injury isn't too serious as he looked dangerous as usual
Atkinson 6 Steady, doesn't create much and kept things tight
Leonard 6.5 More like his old self, strong defensively
Weston 6 Poor first touch over and over again, looked out of position on the right
Payne 7 Creative and causes problems against big slow lumps, unlucky not to score
Corr 6.5 Won his headers and made some good flicks, thought not always to a Blue man

Coultihurst 7 Got forward well and pace was a threat
Timlin 6.5 Little impact but kept things solid
Williams 7 Looked dangerous and put himself about

Northampton really struggling badly, losing 7 from last 10 games, until we arrived on 3rd of Jan!!

Two games in 3 days is not easy, Dagger tactic of shirt tugging around the penalty box worked for them. They won't stay in League 2 playing that way. It's simple really, keep the same 4-3-3 tactics away from home only, play 4-4-2 at home with two wingers!
Piffle, two games in three days , thats what they are paid for .

Waiting for Leeblue to come on here gushing we were brilliant and should have scored 10.
Well, in the second-half we certainly had enough chances to score even if it may not have been ten. Yet, we didn't manage one. Their keeper made a number of good saves ..........is that sufficient as an excuse? Plenty of people trying to persuade me that, with our performance against Cambridge, there was nothing to worry about..........I'm afraid that I'm still not convinced. THERE IS SOMETHING WRONG WITH US AT HOME........perhaps it is as someone suggested above, to do with our set-up. God! you'd have thought we'd have done something to try and remedy it by now. After all it's been a problem for virtually all the season.............we've won more games and scored more goals away from home so far!

I totally missed the sending off but have just watched it on you tube. Ok the daggers player did go down like a sack of potatoes but Bolger was an absolute silly little monkey to have even done what he did as we all know what the intention is and it is an automatic red card.
Only consolation from today was that it was a point gained.

Well, in the second-half we certainly had enough chances to score even if it may not have been ten. Yet, we didn't manage one. Their keeper made a number of good saves ..........is that sufficient as an excuse? Plenty of people trying to persuade me that, with our performance against Cambridge, there was nothing to worry about..........I'm afraid that I'm still not convinced. THERE IS SOMETHING WRONG WITH US AT HOME........perhaps it is as someone suggested above, to do with our set-up. God! you'd have thought we'd have done something to try and remedy it by now. After all it's been a problem for virtually all the season.............we've won more games and scored more goals away from home so far!

I still think we have a team capable of winning this league but not with Brown in charge,he is just an old fashioned manager who clearly cannot see the wood through the trees.

My first game of the season so I was seeing some of the new players for the first time. While we weren't great I thought we did enough to win the game, we looked much better in the second half when Coulthirst, Weston & Payne pushed further on which allowed to actually get into the box. We actually became more dominant when we went down to ten men.

Bentley 6.5 - Not much to do, but did it well.
White 7.5 - Would have been a 6.5 but seemed to grow several inches when he moved into the centre after the red card.
Coker 7.5 - Obviously just coming back from injury, not at his best but good.
Prosser 7 - Solid and won everything in the air.
Bolger 5 - Same as Prosser until the red mist descended.
Atkinson 6 - hardworking, but Timlin should have started in his place.
Leonard 7.5 - His usual self.
Payne 7 - Had more space in the second half and caused more problems then.
Worrall 6 - Not in the game enough before the injury, hope it's not too serious.
Weston 7 - Pretty poor to begin with but actually grew into the game, better when he's more direct and doesn't have time to think!
Corr 7.5 - Ran himself into the ground for no reward in the first halve, had to come too deep to get the ball. 2nd half with others getting closer to him he was able to get into scoring positions, was unlucky that ball didn't fall to him a couple of times.

subs
Coulthirst 7 - Caused Dagenham problems with pace and trickery and was a live wire.
Timlin 7 - Decent, should have started in imho
Williams n/a - not enough time for a score, but showed his strength and power and that he should get more pitch time.

No MOM as no-one really stood out to me.

I thought Shaq was a positive today. Gave absolutely everything when he came one and seemed to beat his man time and time again down the left. I'd start him against Northampton.

Bolger - the red card aside, he made at least 3 crazy, low, cross field balls which got intercepted and could have easily resulted in a daggers goal. Real poor one from him.

I totally missed the sending off but have just watched it on you tube. Ok the daggers player did go down like a sack of potatoes but Bolger was an absolute silly little monkey to have even done what he did as we all know what the intention is and it is an automatic red card.
Only consolation from today was that it was a point gained.

Well you can enjoy your half-filled glass, mine, disappointingly, is half-empty! :stunned:

Bentley 6.5 Didn't have to do much
White 6
Bolger 4 Needs to stop trying crazy passes, ridiculous red card
Prosser 7 Solid, albeit with a couple of shaky moments.
Coker 7.5 Typical coker performance
Worrall 6 Didn't do much before the unfortunate injury
Atkinson 6 Decent but didn't stand out
Leonard 6.5 Covered well.
Weston 7 Had a good first half, but went quiet in the second until the last 5-10 minutes. Not sure that moving him over to the right side was the right move.
Payne 6 Works hard without the ball, but didn't have much of an impact and gave the ball away in very dangerous places in the first half. what does he offer that Timlin doesn't? Seems to be immune to criticism, whereas other players can't escape it.
Corr 6 Wins a few knock-downs but doesn't look mobile enough in the box to ever score regularly for us.

On the bright side, Coulthirst looks like he deserves a start in the next game. Very threatening and pacey on the wing.

Felt we were actually ok. Another solid performancd, if we follow this up with a win next game, it's a point gained. Felt Corr done ok, Payne didn't have a great game and I would be tempted to drop him next game.

Again a very frustrating home performance. Was that the same team I saw play soooo well at Cambridge ? As pointed out by several people, the 4-5-1 is perfect away from home, but we've got to be braver at home (4-4-2, 4-3-3). Especially against lower league teams.

Bentley 7 Not much to do, but made one fantastic save in the 2nd half

White 6.5 Solid
Prosser 6.5 Looked ok. Won a lot of headers
Bolger 4 Good in the air. Poor on the ground. Stupid sending off (although the guy made a meal of it)
Coker 7 Tidy. Classy player
Payne 6 Struggled to get good possession. They got very tight to him and he got bulllied
Leonard 6 Lots of effort, but couldn't grab a hold of the midfield
Atkinson 7 Worked really hard. Some neat and tidy play
Worrall 7 Playing really well until he went off injured.
Weston 6.5 Looked dangerous and was prepared to shoot. Unfortunately his shooting isn't good
Corr 7 Worked hard, but headers weren't always directed where he wanted.

Subs:
Coulthirst 7 Looked lively
Timlin 6.5 Hardly in the game
Williams 7 Looked quick and sharp

Daggers came for the draw and got it, we couldn't break them down like we haven't been able to break down others who have done the same, end of. Change the options up top Brown or do one!!

Spot on, been saying that for months now, If we can see that why f-uck don't pb or rm action it ???
Because the transfer window is shut? Unless you have that grow 20-goals a season striker tree in your garden?

Because the transfer window is shut? Unless you have that grow 20-goals a season striker tree in your garden?

Brown has has been here nearly 2 years yet still has failed to improve our scoring record.

Back