• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Is this the time to ask? Has anyone any idea whatever happened to PB's four-year contract which was all but ready for signing??.............Ron still waiting for the ink to dry????

If Brown gets his 4 year deal I Defo won't be spending my cash watching them struggle to break down sides.

Very poor game from both teams sums it's all up. We tried to get out passing game going but Cureton was too isolated and you are very hoofball and have nothing else in the locker other then Corr, that will not get you promoted. We need wins not draws to stay up it's going to be a long 5 months. All the best chaps.

Very poor game from both teams sums it's all up. We tried to get out passing game going but Cureton was too isolated and you are very hoofball and have nothing else in the locker other then Corr, that will not get you promoted. We need wins not draws to stay up it's going to be a long 5 months. All the best chaps.

Hope you stay up so good luck.

Good luck digger. I'm sure you would have been happy with a point before kick off, but must be disappointed that your team still tried for that after the sending off?

Good luck digger. I'm sure you would have been happy with a point before kick off, but must be disappointed that your team still tried for that after the sending off?

Spot on fella, all very frustrating that we never went for it but when we usually do we get picked off so yeah take a point, not scored now since November! Ignore the schoolboy on the other thread :thumbdown:

Shaq was okay, am i right in saying his a CF though and not a winger? dont want to be harsh on him if his out of position.

White had another average game where he does just about enough to cover his mistakes up.

Daniel Bently, a few dodgy kicks and thumbled and easy catch but hardly our biggest worry.

Dont think anyone can be happy about not scoring again.

Glenn pennyfather on BBC Essex said what some of us have been saying every week. The squad lacks people who can score goals and as he says you only have to look at the players career goalscoring records to see where the problem lies. It is so obvious! Plus the total of zero goals from the centrebacks. Brown needs to bring in different types of player fast.

Glenn pennyfather on BBC Essex said what some of us have been saying every week. The squad lacks people who can score goals and as he says you only have to look at the players career goalscoring records to see where the problem lies. It is so obvious! Plus the total of zero goals from the centrebacks. Brown needs to bring in different types of player fast.
Shame the transfer window is shut....

it's plain to see need another striker, team to reliant on Corr need someone to play off him

Football is all about opinions, which are subjective. Having said that, I can't believe some of the stuff I have read on here. You'd think it was us that was 23rd in the league!

The first half was pretty dull, White was lucky to get away with the own goal that was chalked off for offside but aside from that, neither team did very much.

However, in the second half it was a different kettle of fish, especially in the first 15 mins when we could have scored 5 goals if their keeper hadn't have played a blinder. You can't ask much more of the players than to get the shots on target and if their keeper makes a worldy (or 2, 3, 4, 5...) then you have to say "Well done."

Even after the sending off we looked the more likely to score. And let's look at the positives; we didn't lose, we're still in the play offs, we kept another clean sheet. Sooner or later these chances are going to go in and we will smash someone.

Ratings

Bentley - 7 - Made a couple of decent saves, distribution good.

White - 7 - I thought he had a very good game today. As I say, he was lucky with the own goal but was especially good when he moved across to the centre.
Coker - 8.5 - Deserved MOM.
Prosser - 8 - Probably the most dominant I've seen him but they didn't exactly have a big strike force.
Bolger - 4 - What he does brilliantly with his head he does equally appallingly with his feet. Stupid rush of blood with the head butt. Having said that, he has been getting better. Is this now a 4 game ban?

Atkinson - 6 - Largely anonymous.
Leonard - 7 - Did nothing wrong but didn't make his usual impact... which sadly is becoming the norm.
Weston - 7 - One of his better performances. I thought he worked very hard and did some very good stuff indeed. Sadly he also did some pretty poor stuff but on balance it was better.
Worrall - 7 - Sad that he had to come off. Hope he isn't out too long.

Payne - 6 - Not his type of game at all today. Looked out of his depth.

Corr - 7 - Won loads but should have done better in the first half when he was through and could have had a hat trick in the second half. More unlucky that anything else today.

Subs -

Coulthirst - 6.5 - Good going forward, doesn't work anywhere near hard enough if he loses the ball in my opinion. Missed a clear header and failed to fire back a rebound into an almost unguarded net.
Timlin - 7 - Good energy... should come in for Atkinson
Williams J - 6 - Not on long enough to make much of an impact really. Did a couple of good things, a couple of not so good.

Ref - 7 - Not a bad game from him. Impressive use of the advantage rule.

Football is all about opinions, which are subjective. Having said that, I can't believe some of the stuff I have read on here. You'd think it was us that was 23rd in the league!

The first half was pretty dull, White was lucky to get away with the own goal that was chalked off for offside but aside from that, neither team did very much.

However, in the second half it was a different kettle of fish, especially in the first 15 mins when we could have scored 5 goals if their keeper hadn't have played a blinder. You can't ask much more of the players than to get the shots on target and if their keeper makes a worldy (or 2, 3, 4, 5...) then you have to say "Well done."

Even after the sending off we looked the more likely to score. And let's look at the positives; we didn't lose, we're still in the play offs, we kept another clean sheet. Sooner or later these chances are going to go in and we will smash someone.

Ratings

White - 7 - I thought he had a very good game today. As I say, he was lucky with the own goal but was especially good when he moved across to the centre.
Prosser - 8 - Probably the most dominant I've seen him but they didn't exactly have a big strike force.
Bolger - 4 - What he does brilliantly with his head he does equally appallingly with his feet. Stupid rush of blood with the head butt. Having said that, he has been getting better. Is this now a 4 game ban?

Leonard - 7 - Did nothing wrong but didn't make his usual impact... which sadly is becoming the norm.
Weston - 7 - One of his better performances. I thought he worked very hard and did some very good stuff indeed. Sadly he also did some pretty poor stuff but on balance it was better.

Corr - 7 - Won loads but should have done better in the first half when he was through and could have had a hat trick in the second half. More unlucky that anything else today.

Subs -

Coulthirst - 6.5 - Good going forward, doesn't work anywhere near hard enough if he loses the ball in my opinion. Missed a clear header and failed to fire back a rebound into an almost unguarded net.
Williams J - 6 - Not on long enough to make much of an impact really. Did a couple of good things, a couple of not so good.

Right with you buddy. I've been wondering how I was at a different game. Struggling to think of a better goalkeeping performance at the Hall in a long, long time. The keeper barely had a right to save any of them, let alone all five! And if any of those had gone in, you have to feel we'd have won at a canter.

As you say, even with 10 men we looked more likely.

Surprised by Brown's decision to defend Bolger but it's his choice whether or not to handle that sort of stuff in private. His teammates will be furious. The Dagger player may have made a meal of the slightest contact but he's let everyone down.

Ratings

Subs -

Probably not the best terminology considering :smile:

You are right though, the keeper made 3 or 4 really good saves from Payne, Coulthirst and Corr

I still think we have a team capable of winning this league but not with Brown in charge,he is just an old fashioned manager who clearly cannot see the wood through the trees.

i knew you'd say something like that. Were you there? Coz we had 3 up front when we only had ten men and we certainly created the chances but we aren't good enough in the final third

Back