• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

You must surely understand the frustration of many when you openly admit to not having gone to this (and several previous matches) yet are so forthright in your views? If I don't go then I don't say much on the post match threads!

I never comment on the match when I don't go ,I only comment on the outcome which sadly has become the norm.

But that is pretty much the same thing?

I don't think so,

We swerved the last 2 games because we think we cannot score using the ridiculous tactic and shock horror the 2 games we missed had ZERO goals! ,2 boring draws would have cost us around 150 which we rightly or wrongly think that is poor value for our money.

I tell you what I did find irritating....the chant "Phil Brown's WHITE army"! We are not bloody Leeds! :angry: Otherwise, good effort!

I thought TBV were top drawer. Perhaps the above chant wouldn't be so apt, if the club had produced a kit that was mainly blue !! #justsaying

I don't think so,

We swerved the last 2 games because we think we cannot score using the ridiculous tactic and shock horror the 2 games we missed had ZERO goals! ,2 boring draws would have cost us around 150 which we rightly or wrongly think that is poor value for our money.

If you are a long time supporter, then you know you take the good with the bad. It's what comes of supporting a lower league side.

I thought TBV were top drawer. Perhaps the above chant wouldn't be so apt, if the club had produced a kit that was mainly blue !! #justsaying

It's still over 50% blue!

I don't think TBV should come into any criticism at this moment. They sing their hearts out for most of the match loud and proud. If anyone thinks it's easy, go over to the West Stand and try it. You will find that it's easier to do when the team is winning, has just scored, or just played a great bit of football. During a boring 0-0, it's much harder.

I don't think TBV should come into any criticism at this moment. They sing their hearts out for most of the match loud and proud. If anyone thinks it's easy, go over to the West Stand and try it.

...and Lombard says we only sing when we're winning !! I do believe it was 0-0 yesterday !!

Wow your only contribution to this thread.

Oh well.

Sorry in Japan on business - but knew from all these miles away you would speak dross ! If you don't go - your comments to me are worthless ! Saying that least I made Cambridge away hey !

Sorry in Japan on business - but knew from all these miles away you would speak dross ! If you don't go - your comments to me are worthless ! Saying that least I made Cambridge away hey !

Never mind then !

Business in Japan ,wow you high flyer :hilarious:

Unfortunately yes !

Last game was Northampton which was horrific to watch,we can no longer justify spending reasonable sums of money to watch terrible entertainment devoid of attacking threat whilst freezing cold it's inhuman !

We have now missed Burton and Dagenham games which had zero goals zero entertainment so we feel justified because we ain't missing much.
So you've missed the last 4 games yet you're the one that's moaned the most about those 4 matches? Absolute madness.

Never mind then !

Business in Japan ,wow you high flyer :hilarious:

Nope - it's a pain actually. My point being I only miss games of the team I support because of valid reasons not because I go on (and on) about "no goals ..., I don't like Brown ..." Blah blah . I've seen so much worse dross down at roots hall but never once stopped going because I support the club. No one will ever like the idea 100% of what they seen, ask Liverpool fans, they saw so many goals and entertainment last season and won what ?? Nothing !! Their one chance in so many years, because why ....?

Nope - it's a pain actually. My point being I only miss games of the team I support because of valid reasons not because I go on (and on) about "no goals ..., I don't like Brown ..." Blah blah . I've seen so much worse dross down at roots hall but never once stopped going because I support the club. No one will ever like the idea 100% of what they seen, ask Liverpool fans, they saw so many goals and entertainment last season and won what ?? Nothing !! Their one chance in so many years, because why ....?

if you or others go to every game home and away good for you,how many on this site actually go to any games let alone the occasional match yet they are also forthright in their view.

You are wrong ,

Cambridge I congratulated the team and players.
Fair enough but not the point. You miss most games yet seem to be the one who complains the most about a performance you haven't seen, I just don't understand how you can do that.

I think when we stumble people are going to usethe opportunity to press their agenda. I’m not guiltless in this, I did ittowards the end of Sturrocks reign. I didn’t press it as relentlessly as somedo on here but my opinion was made (usually in one or two posts). The footballis not good at the moment but we are in a good position which is very similarto the Sturrock years. The difference for me is that I do see potential forentertaining football with a tweak and I have seen more entertaining gamesunder Brown than I saw under Sturrock (albeit not recently). I don’t thinkBrown is as one dimensional as his critics make out either, he has implementedchange with Payne playing in the hole and Payne’s success in this role meansthe 4-4-2 that many crave would leave us unbalanced or Payne would have to besacrificed. Brown is a cautious manager and it is obvious that defence is hispriority, I still have faith that he can get it right at the other end of thepitch though.

I think when we stumble people are going to usethe opportunity to press their agenda. I’m not guiltless in this, I did ittowards the end of Sturrocks reign. I didn’t press it as relentlessly as somedo on here but my opinion was made (usually in one or two posts). The footballis not good at the moment but we are in a good position which is very similarto the Sturrock years. The difference for me is that I do see potential forentertaining football with a tweak and I have seen more entertaining gamesunder Brown than I saw under Sturrock (albeit not recently). I don’t thinkBrown is as one dimensional as his critics make out either, he has implementedchange with Payne playing in the hole and Payne’s success in this role meansthe 4-4-2 that many crave would leave us unbalanced or Payne would have to besacrificed. Brown is a cautious manager and it is obvious that defence is hispriority, I still have faith that he can get it right at the other end of thepitch though.

I would almost prefer that Phil wasn't changing anything,as that would give me the hope that when he changed it everything would just click and we would start scoring and looking threatening. But he has changed things, and we still don't score and in many matches don't look likely to score

Sign Cureton in January, offer him a deal until the end of the season. You take us up, you get a year extension for League 1. Simples :thumbsup:

To get back on topic i.e. yesterdays match.... here is my view.

The first half was dire consisting of endless thumps to an isolated and weak target man, or playing the ball wide when actually challenging the Daggers defence would have been the better option. If there was a game plan I certainly couldn't figure out what it was.
Can't believe how inept we are at corners especially as we have the same defensive coach as we had under Sturrock and yet our centre backs scored many goals under that regime.

Bentley 6.5 - Not much to do, but did it well.

White 6.0 - I thought that he had a nightmare. He continuously allows for the opposition to get crosses into our area by not closing down. I would play him at centre back and find a new right back.

Coker 7.5 - Excellent again - a real danger that he will be the one poached from us in January imo

Prosser 7 - Solid and won everything in the air.

Bolger 5 - I get very twitchy when the ball goes near him. Not very good and an obvious plank. However I still think that there is the making of a good player within him. Performance wise he was shown up by Prosser

Atkinson 6 - great work rate but produces nothing. I would replace him with Timlin

Leonard 6.5 - not firing on all cylinders imo. With the abundance of midfielders that we have I would play him at right back and replace him with Clifford

Payne 6.5 - Had more space in the second half and caused more problems then but was awol in first half, too easily knocked off the ball. I would replace him with Coulthurst and use him as super sub until he has gained strength

Worrall 6 - Not in the game enough before the injury, but to the same token didn't get the proper supply either

Weston 7 - Pretty poor to begin with but actually grew into the game, has poor control and shot.

Corr 7.5 - Ran himself into the ground for no reward, too easily knocked off the ball though and has poor control. Needs better supply / support

Brown 6 - once again poor tactics at home, and seems to see a different match to the other 6,000 odd other people within the ground. Wouldn't matter what striker was on the pitch if you don't create decent chances for him he won't score.

*Perhaps he should of listened to Alan Devonshire's interview on BBC Essex when he said 'goals change games!'

Referee - yet another inept performance by him. Let thuggery triumph over football as do so many other refs who come here!

Back