• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Its really this simple. Timlin should be the first player on the team sheet. People who defend Atkinson. Tell me how many goals and assists he has contributed since he signed. Brown should realise that a counter attacking formation that works away, doesn't work at home. Especially if the opposing team has no interest in attacking themselves. This is exactly what we have got most home games this season. No problem at all with one up front away. It works, as we can counter effectively, when the other team are attacking. When though the other team are content at countering themselves you end up with the pattern of play we have seen every home game this season. Cant believe the abuse Bolger has received on here today. We have scored 1 goal in 3 games and conceded 0, yet its a defender who gets rounded upon. The way we are set up at home his dismissal wasnt even noticeable. Brown out

Our goal scoring problems were summed by Coulthirst today, 3 times in the second half he did the hardwork, created space for himself yet tried to then beat another and another and failed to get his shot away. The third time right at the end he had a clear sight of goal, 18 yards out yet took the ball away from goal. Paynes header second half, 3 yards out saved, keeper shouldn't have had a chance, Corr also should have done better with a scuffed shot and two free headers from corners. The keeper made decent saves from Payne, Atkinson and Corr. So, you can't say we didnt createdt he chances but we severely lack any sort of cutting edge.

Amazing after 40 bloody years of been a Southend United Supporter we are still a 4th Division club from when I started lol...

I LOVE this Club :-)

I Pray to be a Premier**** Club and play the likes Arsenal year in year out :-)

Its really this simple. Timlin should be the first player on the team sheet.. Cant believe the abuse Bolger has received on here today. We have scored 1 goal in 3 games and conceded 0, yet its a defender who gets rounded upon.

Agree with both these comments. We didn't miss Tims so much at Cambridge but we really did today. He needs to be back in the middle, whether that means dropping Lenny or Willo, Mr Brown will have to decide but there's not the space for all three of them. He is our lynch pin and is massively under-estimated by some.

Weston was the obvious one to put in in place of Hurst, but losing Worrall as well was a huge loss. Weston is a real enigma, he undoubtedly has skill and a decent shot on him but so often he ducks out of challenges or goes away from goal and there wasn't nearly enough running at goal today.

Huge approval for Coulthirst today, looked absolutely the nuts and can play off Corr in a way that Payne doesn't. on another day we'd have won that game easy, the Dagenham keeper pulled off some exceptional saves.

Bentley - 6, not much to do
White - 7, another solid performance and slotted into the middle effortlessly
Bolger - 5, gutted for him as he'd done so well at Cambridge and started so well but you just can't do that in the modern game
Prosser - 6, Lukey, my son, if they're continually grabbing your shirt then give them something to let them know you're not letting them get away with it..a Vinny squeeze or something!
Coker - 7, so good to have him back, can we stop the short corners though please
Worrall - 6, quiet game before having to be subbed
Leonard - 6, worked hard, couple of shots
Atkinson - 6, our attacking midfielder needs to do more than just lots of running, want to see some testing of the keeper
Weston - 6, some things were excellent, some (too many) weren't
Payne - 6, not his day today, should probably have been subbed earlier
Corr - 7, put in a real graft

Subs:
Coulthirst for Worrall - 7, really impressed today, lots of pace and ran at players
Timlin for Payne - 7, the man on for the boy, we've missed him
Williams J for Corr - 7, came on and put himself about

Officials:
Every time we have him, the game ends up being more about Gavin Ward. Dagenham's tactics were shocking and the officials let them get away with murder. Prosser rightly objected vociferously about the pulling of his shirt in their box during corners, their no 21, Partridge was practically mugging Weston or Corr every time a ball was hit long to them and some of the challenges (I'm thinking of a couple on White and Lenny in particular) went unpunished because an advantage was played. They got a couple of things badly wrong, especially slopey shoulders the Lino, our side.

i knew you'd say something like that. Were you there? Coz we had 3 up front when we only had ten men and we certainly created the chances but we aren't good enough in the final third

Under Brown we certainly are poor up front!

Brown's goal ratio here is pathetic averaging just a goal per game,is it the players or Brown's tactics!The tally at the Hall has now become laughable because Brown refuses to change it.Playing 451 at home is shocking.

No I never went today.

Under Brown we certainly are poor up front!

Brown's goal ratio here is pathetic averaging just a goal per game,is it the players or Brown's tactics!The tally at the Hall has now become laughable because Brown refuses to change it.Playing 451 at home is shocking.

No I never went today.

Have to agree. Especially when the 1 up front is painfully slow.

Two very damning statistics: you have to go all the way down to 17th placed Mansfield to find a team that has not scored more goals than us and there are only three clubs in the entire division, including Mansfield, that have scored less.

Out of interest do you ever go?

Unfortunately yes !

Last game was Northampton which was horrific to watch,we can no longer justify spending reasonable sums of money to watch terrible entertainment devoid of attacking threat whilst freezing cold it's inhuman !

We have now missed Burton and Dagenham games which had zero goals zero entertainment so we feel justified because we ain't missing much.

What do you find irritating mate? Feedback always welcome :)

I would turn it on its head and say that if you could bottle up yesterday's TBV you'd get no complaints from anyone. It would have been too easy to get on their backs yesterday. As to the game I'm sorry good keeping display or not teams like Daggers need to be a shoe in 3 points. For a team scrapping for points to try to hold on for it against 10 men sums it all up. 4-5-1 is a perfect away formation. At Cambridge Corr had so much support which was sadly lacking particularly in the first half yesterday. I would prefer to see a 442 at home with Timlin and Leonard in the middle allowing Lenny to push on. With Payne in the role behind Corr I think that's one of the reasons Lenny is being stifled this season.

The home form is precisely why a team that SHOULD be an auto promotion team is sitting in a playoff spot. I don't feel the need is there to bring in another striker. I think we have the options already sitting there on the bench. As for Bolger I cannot believe he is being defended. It is obvious that part of Daggers game was niggle and wind up. Bolger fell for it.

Brown seemed almost suprised that Daggers came for a point. He must have been the only person in the ground who thought that.

Unfortunately for us when teams come to the Hall intent on getting a point they usually get it.

Dagenham offered very little and we should have won- and the stats back that up. Second half far better than first although we should have scored on the stroke of half time.
Bolger red card based on the current laws and interpretations can't be argued with however embarrassing it is to see a pro play act to get someone sent off. That however is the norm.
Thought Shaq looked good when he came on- Williams not enough time to judge.
IMHO the root of the problem at home is the formation and it leaves Corr isolated. I think we need at home either to go 422 or 352 (which would more easily accommodate Jack Payne which for some seems to be a condition of any formation..). Something like

Bentley
White Thompson/Bolger Prosser
Worrall Leonard Payne Timlin Hurst/Weston
Shaq/Williams Corr

That said we should have won and maybe if we committed forward in the first half as we did in the second.. if Corr is up front on his own the midfield must get beyond him and into the box

Wow your only contribution to this thread.

Oh well.

You must surely understand the frustration of many when you openly admit to not having gone to this (and several previous matches) yet are so forthright in your views? If I don't go then I don't say much on the post match threads!

Back