• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

ReturnOfFF

Banned
If Phil Brown gets us promoted, will all the people on here who hate him continue to do so? Or will u then back him next year as his plan worked!?

If he does then Im sure some will be appreciative, some will say we were lucky and didnt deserve it.

If we dont he will get slaughtered.

Thats football..

If Phil Brown gets us promoted, will all the people on here who hate him continue to do so? Or will u then back him next year as his plan worked!?

Yes.

Never wanted him before he was here, haven't wanted him the whole time he's been here.

Yes.

Never wanted him before he was here, haven't wanted him the whole time he's been here.

Got any evidence of that as I think thats aloud of **** and u are jumping on the band wagon of.many people on here saying they didnt want him

Got any evidence of that as I think thats aloud of **** and u are jumping on the band wagon of.many people on here saying they didnt want him

Any evidence of what? That I don't like him? Pretty sure me telling you that is all the evidence I need your honour

Evidence u never wanted him u smart chap. As I said I bet when he was announced u was probably saying how hapoy u where

For me personal feelings concerning Phil Brown are imaterial. I don't particularly warm to the bloke, neither do I bear him any animosity (apart from wanting to keep Luggy on for one more season). He is here to do a job. Get us up at the end of the season and I shall be happy with him............fail to get us promoted and I shall probably be calling for his head.....simple! :smile:

When he first arrived I gave him the benefit of the doubt. I'm afraid subsequently he has proved to be a disappointment. If, and it's still a big if, we get promoted this season, then I feel it is a season later than necessary and he just appears to me to be a bloke that sticks so resolutely to his own game plan that necessary change is too slow in coming. Doing what you believe in is one thing but when, over a sustained period everything points to the contrary, it goes from determined to obstinate.

I don't hate Phil at all in fact he come across as chippy kind of bloke.

However I hate his tactic and style of football !.Promotion is Imo still on the back burner as the last 14 games have only produced 20 points which aint good enough because we now need 2 points a game not 1.5.

Any evidence of what? That I don't like him? Pretty sure me telling you that is all the evidence I need your honour

Prove it. Please post a dated picture of you from the day he joined holding a sign saying "I hate Phil Brown and I will still hate him on the 15th January, 2015"

If you didnt take a picture like that when he joined I aint buying it.

Evidence u never wanted him u smart chap. As I said I bet when he was announced u was probably saying how hapoy u where

Lets cool it a bit, he has given his opinion, no need to get aggressive because he holds a different one to you.

Prove it. Please post a dated picture of you from the day he joined holding a sign saying "I hate Phil Brown and I will still hate him on the 15th January, 2015"

If you didnt take a picture like that when he joined I aint buying it.

Lets cool it a bit, he has given his opinion, no need to get aggressive because he holds a different one to you.

If you really want me to scroll through my tweets I will

Not sure I get some of the dissatisfaction with PB, he's made errors just like every single manager that has ever existed. He is operating on a tight budget which means there are limits to who he can bring in. I'm confident that he wants promotion every bit as much as anyone else associated with the club and I believe he will achieve it this year. Contrary to some of the posts I've read, we do not have an outstanding pool of players that are somehow held back by poor management. Most teams I've seen this year have had players every bit as good as our own. We are at the business end of the season and the moves being made are IMO, the right ones. We have no idea of the internal politics within the club that may have restricted PB from making these moves earlier but redress appears to be happening now and I am looking forward to a productive end to the season. PB is not an outstanding manager nor is he any where near as bad as some would comment.

Just think back to some of the missed chances, Shaqs simple header v Morecambe, Barnards miss v Exeter Westons penalty v Newport and if Corr had bothered to get his head on across instead of allowing Bury to score. We would be top, PB would probably be at say Birmingham and we could all be bitching like girls at the new manager. Oh, and of course we would still need a striker.

Not sure I get some of the dissatisfaction with PB, he's made errors just like every single manager that has ever existed. He is operating on a tight budget which means there are limits to who he can bring in. I'm confident that he wants promotion every bit as much as anyone else associated with the club and I believe he will achieve it this year. Contrary to some of the posts I've read, we do not have an outstanding pool of players that are somehow held back by poor management. Most teams I've seen this year have had players every bit as good as our own. We are at the business end of the season and the moves being made are IMO, the right ones. We have no idea of the internal politics within the club that may have restricted PB from making these moves earlier but redress appears to be happening now and I am looking forward to a productive end to the season. PB is not an outstanding manager nor is he any where near as bad as some would comment.

Any manager who endures a 13 match winless run isn't too clever.
Any manager who cannot get together any decent lasting run of form isn't too clever.
Any manager who appears to want to win games 1 0 is frankly terrible.

Unless we drastically change our style we are destined for the PO and I have zero faith of progressing to Wembley let alone win there.

What style is he meant to change to ?, you wanted 442 and 352 and we played them both in the last two games.

He is making the changes, hopefully the new players will get more from those systems.

Any manager who cannot get together any decent lasting run of form isn't too clever.

Unless we drastically change our style we are destined for the PO and I have zero faith of progressing to Wembley let alone win there.

You could probably put together runs of form and instances that would make him sound brilliant too, like virtually every single one of your posts you offer no balance and have one clear agenda. Phil Brown isn't brilliant and Phil Brown isn't terrible, he's on course for a second consectutive top 7 finish, we all would like the autos but to say he's a terrible manager just isn't true.

What style is he meant to change to ?, you wanted 442 and 352 and we played them both in the last two games.

He is making the changes, hopefully the new players will get more from those systems.

You cannot expect players to adapt to different formation at a drop of a hat,takes several games to create understanding.

Plus by many accounts the midfield was still shackled.

Like Jose Mourinho?

Back